IMDb > "Adventure Time" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Adventure Time with Finn & Jake"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Adventure Time" More at IMDbPro »"Adventure Time with Finn & Jake" (original title)

Page 5 of 12: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Welcome to the Land of Ooo!

Author: androdeas from Canada
26 April 2017

It's Adventure Time with Finn the human boy and Jake the magical dog! With every episode this show continues to surprise and entertain with its unusual Pendleton Ward brand of humor. Each episode is about 11 minutes long with hidden gems (have you seen the snail in every episode?) and life lessons. Each season offers dedicated viewers more insight in to the history of the Land of Ooo and how it all came to be. From facing the evil Lich, to learning Simon's forgotten past, to rescuing Princesses, this little cartoon has become larger than life.

Each character has a story to tell, even Gunter the penguin.

While things can sometimes go off the rails every episode has something to offer. What will happen next? I can't wait to find out!

One of the best animations yet

Author: The mountain
25 April 2017

I just binge watched all the seasons, a really great show with some really great characters. Not your average animation, revolves a human(Finn) and he's dog guardian/best friend(Jake), going through all sorts of adventures in a post apocalyptic style setting meeting these random and strange characters along the way. The voices behind the characters are also great with the legend voice actor himself having a role( John DiMaggio)

Its a little overrated but its good enough

Author: Arc_Reviews
30 November 2016

A few amazing episodes in its time on TV. The art style is unique and the show just breathes and lives cartoon weirdness. At its best you'll get adventure story arc and perhaps witty dialouge and memorable characters maybe a musical number or two.

I think the show can get a little dull. My problem is not that these episodes are filler. Not every episode has to advance a story to be good the big popular example being Spongebob which had absolutely no continunity yet was entertaining enough to stand multiple viewing and still be enjoyable. The later few seasons pump out really great episodes once in a while, but the bulk of the filler stuff from the newer season is dull and many of these episodes have strange unclear messages with vauge interpretations.Its more of a soap opera without quirky dialouge or decent action to carry it.

A Decline in the Show

Author: SJtheCartoonAddict
20 November 2016

So, before the more recent episodes, I adored everything about Adventure Time. Great story, beautiful backgrounds and animation, funny characters, but now it's become stale.

I don't HATE it or anything, but it's boring as of recently. They focus more on random side characters they came up with than the actual main characters now, with episodes about Lemonhope, Root Beer Guy and Cherry Cream Soda, that one witch, and they do this to the point where the original plot development that the show once had kind of disappeared. Because as the side characters all seem to have some connection with some plot, it takes it nowhere because they aren't all that important. The silly and funny dialogue has been replaced with these random characters mostly talking to themselves about their issues. And these are the QUALITY new episodes, just unoffensive enough to pass as decent, but boring enough to keep it from greatness.

The real issue is the episodes concerning the main characters. While some episodes are good overall they've lost the original charm. The quick paced humor and funny quips the characters used to deliver are both thrown aside to something boring being said among themselves. The interesting plots, serious or not, are no longer interesting. One episode was just about Finn playing with some cats and Jake trying to get a chip out of his teeth. Wow. Fascinating.

Whatever once made each character super likable isn't really there anymore. Finn is no longer silly and reckless with a good heart, he's just someone who sort of does stuff to help others. Jake isn't much like a lazy, funny big brother with wise advice so much as just a dad now. Princess Bubblegum isn't a sweet, responsible princess who goes ruthless when angered, she's all business who's also "the smart one". Marceline is... well, she's still the same but a little less interesting.

All the things that we grew to love from the characters has been toned down and when they're put into certain situations, they're no longer funny or interesting or even really cool. This mixed with all the side plots and random new characters makes the show very boring now, which is probably why it's been replaced with Teen Titans Go! as the new beloved mascot now. At least TTG has some variety and eye catching plots, bad or not.

However, the show isn't BAD. The art is still wonderful, the story is more or less decent, and some main characters like Ice King actually have developed into something complex and deep while his overall character still is the silly old fool we all know and love. Not all the new episodes are stale because some have the same charm as before, or maybe they just kept going in the direction they are now and did it right. Episodes like Betty and The Tower are really amazing to me.

I'd give this show a 6.5/10.

Still Awesome!

Author: camiacono from United States
19 November 2015

I love Adventure Time! This show came out during a dark era for Cartoon Network, it was still recovering from the live action show, Johnny test still aired and Teletoon was airing its crap on it too. For a long time CN's only 2 good shows were Chowder and Flapjack. Then came along this weird looking new show called "Adventure Time" about a boy and his magic dog fighting evil in a magical land just for funny. This regained peoples hope in CN and it did a damn well good job. The simple yet charming art style, the bizarre settings, the great sound design, action, morals, fun loving spirit and the fact that anything can happen is what makes Adventure time one of CN's best. Now even though adventure time is being "stretched out" similar to how SpongeBob and family guy keep getting renewed Adventure time could never be as bad as those to have got. For one Finn dose get older so and he also gets wiser and Jake grows smarter with him. There is an ongoing plot so one day it will have to be concluded. Adventure time helped spark inspiration for people to become animators and there are guess animators who occasionally change the art style for some episodes. The show is never has an mean spirit and there many possibilities for our characters. The new Stakes mini series is great and proves a further point that adventure time can still surprise us. At it's worse adventure time is boring episodes like Jake suit or sad face are pretty dull and sometimes there are plot holes. But adventure time has so much lore, characters, possibilities and action to keep it has one of the best modern cartoons. I due think adventure time should end eventually, yet like the Simpsons or one piece there's just something that makes us happy to see it still trucking on! BMO is best character!

"Adventure Time" is Wonderful Show but lately it's been boring.

Author: paulnuti from Wyckoff NJ
11 August 2015

Hey guys RegularShow1 here again and today I'm going to review a show that been on Cartoon Network since April 2010 called "Adventure Time". The show is about a boy named Finn and his dog brother Jake and adventure's the in magical land of Ooo. They are always blatting the Ice King who by the way is my favorite character who is always trying to kidnap Princess Bubble Gum.. I Remember when Cartoon Network first showed a promo for the show in December 2009 and thought it looked AWOSOME. I also thinking was made for adults. So on Monday, April 5, 2010 I watched the first episode I loved it. "Adventure Time" Seasons 1-4 were awesome but I stopped liking it around the end of Season 4 find the new episodes boring. BOTTOM LINE I'm giving "Adventure Time" a 10 out of 10 stars. Anyway Guys I'm RegularShow1 an I'm saying have a nice day. BYE,

Stupid and Silly or Unique and Generic? What make Adventure Time SO Special?

Author: brighton_lm1997 (brighton_lm1997@hotmail.es) from Honduras
5 April 2015

It will be hard to someone success of this show, but when you began to get into it, you can't stop watching it.

At the beginning Adventure time was another Cartoon Network typical show with Subrealistic Humor and it silly Absorde moments For a time I only see it like that, but one day I find a Youtuber Guy who make Theories and Analysis to Adventure time, it says The Show was the Reprensentation of a Post-Apocalivetic Future. First I say "This guy is Dumb", but at the end of Season 2 and begin of Season 3 I get Curious about it and I began to watch some of their Videos and I have the GREATEST HEADCANON I HAVE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Adventure Time is one of the Greatest Complest Stories of all time Disguese as a Kids Show of Cartoon Network. Most of the Episode has its hidden messages and Clues to the Series REAL PAST, you began to get more and more Into what the show really is and you get too exited to see more and more. Beganing to get Curious to each Character Past Present and His Future. At the end of Each episode I enter that guy channel in Youtube to see its analysis to each episode and get more exited to see more. Adventure Time is Greatest Cartoon Series of the Dacade. Is not Silly and Stupid(all the Time). IS UNIQUE AND GENERIC I love Adventure Time.

Pretty neat

Author: Thunder cloud
30 July 2014

There's a certain point where too much imagination becomes a weird drug trip, but good thing this show only has a few of these. Most of it is actually cute and imaginative. A lot of the characters in this show are pretty developed, even if they're minor. I like Rattleballs, Lemonhope, Lady, Lsp, PB, basically all the characters. Especially Marceline. Since Simon and Marcy and I remember you. Adventure Time has its funny moments, sad, and deep moments. No matter how cheery this show looks, it actually has a tragic past. I like Simon, but not Ice King. That gross under-wrapping. Oh god. Please get rid of it. One of my favorite episodes is Lemonhope. Nice plot, complex symbolism. Simon and Marcy was sad and deep.

This show appeals to both kids and adults. This shows that kids shows don't have to be mind-numbingly stupid for kids to enjoy them. But of course, closed minded idiots will always call Mlp fans, Adventure Time fans, Gravity Falls fans, etc pedophilic manchildren. Can't stop that. It's human nature.

Fabulous cartoon that effectively has no limits on its creativity.

Author: John William H. from Australia
24 September 2016

Adventure Time is colourful, fun, wacky as sh##, hilarious and full of sexual subtexts. This is easily one of Cartoon Network's best works to come in recent years; and just like Steven Universe it has lots in store not just for kids but adults as well. The characters and story-lines are so far and wide yet perfect for such an outlandish world like Adventure Time's.

As a fan of animation, Adventure Time obviously lacks some things other shows may have (such as animated nostrils on human[-like] characters), but I can forgive it for creating such memorable stories and characters that stick with you after you've watched just a single episode of the show, and that's what good television is supposed to do for the viewer: leave you wanting more and being absolutely-satisfied.

Real gem among animated shows

Author: Krumpliember from Hungary
4 October 2013

This show is awesome on so many levels. It's not flawless by any means, and loads of people dislike it, which is fine. It's not one of those shows that tries so hard to appeal to everyone that in the end it doesn't really appeal to anyone. What I really like about it is that the creators aren't trying to copy existing shows. The animation is stellar. Not a crappy flash cartoon, no sir. Unique character designs, nice movement, beautiful backgrounds. It really is some damn exceptionally fine quality animation for a weekly show. The land of Oo is engaging beyond words, illogical and obvious at the same time. THE CHARACTERS. Damn, some of them seem bland and stupid, but Adventure Time is the first show I've seen with FIVE seasons so far, and still developing characters that would of become lame one-liners/the bottom of the same joke in literally every other series out there by now. Instead they manage to give heart- breaking/interesting/jawdroppingly awesome background details to seemingly every freaking main character, and even some minor ones. And the plot. The plot is quite unique, not to mention the presentation. There are small stories mixed with ones that go alongside a main plot. But basically the life of the characters in this world could be considered to be the plot. And that's the thing I really, REALLY enjoy.

This show is a trip. It's not a simple cartoon with lame pop culture references and overused jokes. It's a land of imagination you either enjoy stepping into, or don't. I, for one, absolutely love it.

Page 5 of 12: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]