IMDb > "Power Rangers R.P.M." (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Power Rangers R.P.M."
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Power Rangers R.P.M." More at IMDbPro »

The Rangers are back and better than ever!

Author: vandalsnewyou05 from North Carolina
24 March 2009

Let me preface this by saying I am a 21 year old without children... I just happened to be flipping through the channels and I caught the season premiere as it was airing for the first time... It sucked me so much that I sat on my couch for one hour watching the first two episodes. I haven't missed one yet. What makes this series better than the other 16? The answer is simple yet complicated. With every previous Power Rangers series I've had some problem with them that prevented me from watching more than one episode in each one. When you really break it down the series boils down to three or four things: Acting, musical scoring, action sequences, and most importantly... the story. With every single series at least one (if not all if we're talking about Jungle Fury) of these things have been missing. When I was watching the first episode I was blown away by the fact that everyone acted well, the music was intense and appropriate, the action scenes were worth watching, and the story line was phenomenal. The story is still keeping me hooked and I'm on the fifth episode now.

That's not to say that this series is flawless... It's like everything made for kids outside of the nineties... it's very careful not to offend, the "get in gear" line is just plain cheesy, and the computer sequenced robot transformation looks probably the stupidest of any series I've seen. That being said, it's still by far the best stomping every series prior to it. So far, the Rangers have spent very little time in their costumes and they've been building a very interesting story. I hope that they continue to amuse and excite and that they go out with a bang. I'm hearing this is the last series of the Rangers and as cliché as it is to say... I think they've saved the best for last!

What do you do when life gives you lemons?

Author: Shinobi-vs-Gast from Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 April 2012

You make lemonade and that's what this season is all about.

I have watched the Power Rangers since the start in The Netherlands and watched most of the season albeit not in their entirety. But I know what Power Rangers is about.

And somehow I was reading up on Power Rangers the last couple of days with the intention of watching one of the seasons I haven't watched yet. And I stumbled across R.P.M. with a extraordinary high rating, where the other seasons only score five plus ratings.

First of all what makes Power Rangers R.P.M. so great is that this season doesn't take it self to serious, they even make fun of their Zords, morphing sequences and spandex suits. Great way to break the fourth wall.

Plus it has decent acting, fun action, a great story and interesting characters. It was nice to see who they were before they became Rangers and it changed their life. I almost shed a their with one of the episodes, so that says something.

Come to think of it, the acting and great story was what kept me hooked. Not the stupid Zords and so on.

So do yourself a favour and give this season a chance.

Okay Kid's Action Series Of The Modern Age

Author: StuOz
21 March 2010

I am an adult with childish viewing tastes. Kid's television of the last 20 years has not captured my imagination but I have been a casual viewer of Power Rangers since 1993 because it has some of the elements of what kid's TV should be all about: action, monsters, humour and crazy young people!

"R.P.M." is the best Power Rangers series since the 1990s stuff because the casting and premise are rather good. Nothing too outstanding here but nice morning television to have a coffee in front of.

The cool pilot episode will surprise some long-time fans. In fact, at first you may suspect you are on the wrong channel as it does not seem like Power Rangers at all.

And a special thanks to the casting people who helped make this series what it is.

the Best of the Power Rangers Series

Author: kiti22
15 July 2012

"R.P.M." is got to be the Best Power Rangers series since the 90s stuff Much better than ninja Storm and Lightspeed rescue This series is like a combination of turbo,Lightspeed rescue,SPD and operati, on overdrive it has a Great&Strong Storyline, the rangers are cool, The Acting was Amazingthe Zords are fun, the Megazords are Awesome, Cornith City is great and it takes place in the post-apocalyptic future it's like terminator with power rangers and Megazords and Zords

Dillon (the next Andros)&Scott are so cool Ziggy&Gem&Gemma are so funny, the RPM Ultrazord was the Best Ultrazord and the Most powerful Zord ever

The theme song is awesome (a lot of fans hated that theme but i liked it)

and we have Tenaya 7/15 Who is Also Dillons Sister (shes Good but a bit Annoying than Marah and Kapri from ninja Storm), Shifter and Kilobyte are great Henchmens, Venjix was a great villain and his final form was one tough machine and his goal is to you guessed it, take over the world.

But Perhaps one of the best episodes of R.P.M. Next to the First 3 episodes of R.P.M. was the last episode (Danger and Destiny part 2) not because it was not as good as the 3 Parter Finale of Time Force and In Space's Countdown to Destruction Finale but because it was too good and exciting to watch Tenaya turns into a Good Guy the 3 rangers fights venjix for their final battle The gold and silver ranger's Zords blast the tower off Dillon rescues Tenaya and kicks crunch Dillon grabs Tenaya and they take out the parachute. The trio run for cover as the tower Gem and Gemma squash Venjix with Corinth's control tower Gem and Gema have a happy reunion with trio. Dillon and Summer left together into the wide, open world, with little sister Tenaya tagging along too.

Ziggy and Dr. K finally accepted each other's feelings and joined together to form a cute school for little kids.

i wish i had a cute school for little kids Scott took over the Eagle Sqaudron, finally able to fill the shoes of his deceased older brother. Flynn and his Dad teamed up again to open up Corinth's computer networks and Gem and Gemma also got employed for the Eagle Squadron, Dillon stops his car, they all get out to a flower, Dillon puts water on it. They find more little flowers and then over a stoop, many more flowers, a lake and mountain the world was restored and they all lived happily ever after

what a charming end to a brilliant series or is it? the background music played is that of the Venjix Palace and Scott's morpher is shown on screen with one red light blinking,

indicating that the Venjix virus might come back.

i was like "i can't wait for the next Episode what's Gonna Happen" and I was a bit shocked when power rangers has been canceled after R.P.M. Because it was CITV's last power rangers season but the New series (Power Rangers Samurai) saved the franchise and then came Super Samurai,Megaforce and Super Megaforce R.P.M. was a must Have for all the Power Rangers Fans or the kids who never watched power rangers and For the whole family RPM was the first PR season that I found much better than it's Sentai counterpart. So If you missed power rangers ninja storm and power rangers dino thunder and power rangers zeo and power rangers in space or power rangers lost galaxy and season 3 of MMPR then R.P.M. is what you need.

Definitely one of the best

Author: Lashley1 ( from Wirral, England
20 September 2009

Let's start by just explaining I am a major Power Rangers fan and have been since I was born, I was born in 95, when MMPR finished. I have loved every series so far, except Ninja Storm, unfortunately it didn't cut it for me. This series however has got to be one of the best! Everything about it sells as a winner. Perhaps it's just that Power Rangers is aging with me, either way it is awesome.

Currently my country's airings are behind the original American ones, but I have been reading about it on Wikipedia and the rest sounds amazing.

The plot involves the normal world being hit by a computer virus, called the Venjix virus. This virus destroyed technology all around the world and created robot drones to wipe out humanity. One years after the virus has been released the only safe place left is the city of Corinth. A giant dome basically. We then build up the initial core Rangers. Each has subsequent episodes to explain their lives before the virus and how they got to be Rangers.

There's Scott, the Red Ranger. Unfortunately for him, this series does not focus enough on the Red Ranger as others have previously done, they instead decide to try and involve him by giving him small decisions to make to fill his leadership role. We establish quite early on that Scott is neglected by his father, Colonal Truman. This is because his brother, codenamed Eagle 1, was killed by the Venjix army. Shocking huh? Someone died in Power Rangers, I mean Kendrix died back in Lost Galaxy, but they never actually said that she did.

The Blue Ranger, Flynn, is your typical foreign comedic relief. He began as wanting to be a superhero, back when he was a young boy, but unfortunately didn't cut it and ended up having his comics ruined, we all know how that feels! His father told him to make something of his life and to let his dreams lie. He tries many different jobs to help people, let an awesome montage follow. Flynn, however hard he tries, fails all of these jobs and before he can start another the Venjix virus attacks. He protects his father and get them both to Corinth. Your typical hero-born-from-danger scene is obviously going to follow. Flynn sees the distress of a woman and flees Corinth in search of survivors. He rescues many, including the distressed woman's daughter.

The most remarkable of them all is Summer. She is your typical, rich, spoiled princess. When her parents fail to make it to her birthday party she is distraught. Crying in her room when the virus attacks, Summer leaves with her friends. She is then thrown from the rescue vehicle by her 'friends'. She then wanders the wasteland that was Earth and reaches her butler Andrews. He protects her from an attack, but dies saving her. She then becomes a stronger person and joins with the Red Ranger, Scott, getting them both into Corinth before the shields are lowered.

We then meet Dillon and Ziggy. Two lone warriors outside of the city of Corinth, both for separate reasons. Dillon's is that he was kidnapped by Venjix and had his memories erased. Ziggy's is that he was inside Corinth but was kicked out for betraying criminals. The two form an instant bond and succeed in reaching Corinth unharmed. It is there that Dillon is discovered to have Venjix technology inside of him. He is offered the Series Black armour and forms with the other three Rangers. Ziggy is later, reluctantly, offered the Series Green armour and becomes the Green Ranger.

Our supporting characters we are introduced to are Dr. K, a cold, blunt woman who created the Venjix virus, unknowingly, but now seeks to help the Rangers stop it. Colonal Mason, Scott's father and the leader of Corinth's military. Tenaya 7, a robotic-android built for evil. She is sarky, rude and powerful. It is later revealed Tenaya 7 was Dillon's blind sister. How all this will unfold is currently a mystery but I'm sure it will be good.

All together this is a well rounded series, obviously with it's cheesiness from the Sentai series, but that always contributes to a good Power Rangers series.

I have just watched the final episode of PRRPM and must say it was amazing. In true fashion the Rangers joined together for the final battle, destroying Venjix once and for all, or did they, with the strange glow from Scott's morpher, this series has been left open. We then saw a sad parting of ways of each Ranger to one another, and relationships finally blossoming. Dillon and Summer left together into the wide, open world, with little sister Tenaya tagging along too. Ziggy and Dr. K finally accepted each others' feelings and joined together to form a cute school for little kids. Scott took over the Eagle Sqaudron, finally able to fill the shoes of his deceased older brother. Flynn and his Dad teamed up again to open up Corinth's computer networks and Gem and Gemma also got employed for the Eagle Squadron, overjoyed by the fact that they could blow stuff up and get payed for it!

A charming end to a brilliant series, I even upped the rating to 10/10. In a way I am glad this was the end of Power Rangers, to leave us on a high is the best parting gift.

rpm puts the viewers in gear

Author: erichedlund1 from United States
13 October 2013

Rpm was the strongest Disney series since SPD. Im glad they cut the episodes down because they couldn't have fit as much filler in the season. Rpm had a strong story that kept me invested through the season. On more than a couple of occasions they ended an episode with a cliffhanger which helps show the continuity. The acting was above average for any TV show especially for kids. The characters were given back stories and had at least one episode dedicated to it in the beginning of the season to see their roots and their growth since then. They have a lot of development. The villains were fair. Tenaya was the best because of her back-story and her own thoughts and verge of knowing who or what she is. Venjix was an okay villain. He was powerful but he wasn't an actual being and doesn't have much of a personality. The action was fast-paced with suitable soundtrack. They sometimes burn out the foot soldiers and make car noises to compliment the car theme. There were a lot of unmorphed fights which was more impressive because I've seen rpm enough to know that the actors do the fight scenes when unmorphed. The unmorphed fights haven't been used much since in space which is good to get back to pure martial arts instead of sentai footage. They story was really intriguing and good comic characters. The zords were ultimately stupid and looked stupid but that really doesn't matter. The show took a dark turn to it and it was good. A post apocalyptic future was a great setting. Overall rpm was a great series and I recommend it. 10/10 and the season will get in gear

Author: Writer_Commentary from United States
13 August 2013

You might be wondering why I watched a show like this. I mean, Power Rangers started when I was a kid and I still shouldn't be into it, right? Well, I continue to watch shows if they continue to be as great as this one is. I've never seen Disney produce a better Power Ranger season then this. It may be considered dark to some, but I find it to be some of the greatest plots that ever came out of the Power Rangers franchise. Normally something can't be as serious as kid appropriate as this turns out to be. But this is much better than most seasons of late and probably the best season since the classic rangers ended a long time ago. I highly recommend this to people of all ages knowing that it is a great series that should be watched by anyone who was ever a fan of Power Rangers.

Power Rangers R.P.M.'s

Author: blackcat-39 from United States
27 March 2009

Hi, It would be great to see the new power Rangers R.P.M.'s but Disney took it off the air and now show it on a ABC network that we here in Melbourne & Orlando Can't get and where are cable can't Carrie the ABC network that many others can watch the new shows I have to wait till the DVD comes out to see them and I do hope it will be soon.I am so made at Disney right now for what they have done to toon Disney by putting on shows that where taking off a long time ago and took Power Rangers away for them I do hope that they put the Power Rangers back on soon.

This might be the best power ranger series in years!!!

Author: Josh Apple from Israel
1 December 2015

i grew up with the classic "Mighty Morphin power rangers", "the movie" and "Zeo" afterwards it was mixed-bag. i hated "turbo" since i was 8, "in space" grew on me, never watched "lost galaxy" for some reason, both "Lightspeed rescue" and "time force" were decent, but afterwards i just didn't care anymore, because i got older/mature and felt it's not for my demographic due to it's really cheesy and sometimes childish writing, too much pointless subplots and boring filler. the only power rangers seasons that was surprised me with some effort were "Dino Thunder" and "SPD" but then it went back to being dumb, childish and annoying. in 2009 Disney announced that "RPM" is the final season of the franchise under their ownership. so out my curiosity i saw the first episode of RPM and WOW! for the first time ever i doesn't feel like a cheesy childish power rangers at all, the writing is surprisingly mature, elements of realism (which is rare for 'power rangers') the tone is serious and some points dark, and the acting is really good, the action is also pretty cool and the characters are likable and developed.

Power Rangers in Top Gear

Author: hellraiser7 from United States
5 August 2015

This is an entry that has speed under the radar and personally this is my forth favorite in the franchise if you can believe that. This was you could say the final show of the Disney era, and I personally felt they finished at first place.

The only speed bumps this show has are in the cinematography of the fights, I really didn't like the fact they used the shaky cam technique in some places, personally I felt it looked stupid and is a bit of a cheat for action scenes, I prefer to see the punches and kicks connect, though there really isn't that much shaky cam so it's not a big problem. Anohter are the zords and mega zords which I found unmemorable and kinda lame the designs look a bit too kiddy, their not horrible but as a fan of the franchise we can do better.

Other than that everything else was fine. The action was really good as usual, like seeing them all use the weapons and powers. The music and theme song were decent. However strangely for once this was kinda secondary.

What I really felt power this show was how once again it really was on the dark side of things like with Space, Lost Galaxy, and Time Force, and I love that because it really shows the Power Rangers being challenged and at their best emotionally.

The plot I thought was great, it's sort of uncannily similar to the 80s show "Captain Power and the Soilders of the Future", just like with that show we see the human race has lost to a machine empire and humans are becoming an endangered species and there is only one human civilization left.

I even like how there are a few sci-fi references like Dylan's car is shameless an homage the V8 Interceptor from the "Mad Max" franchise. And of course a little reference to "Aliens" as there are a couple of characters named Hicks and Vasquez. And the character name Ziggy sort of a reference to the computer intelligence from the TV show "Quantum Leap".

The plot does develop and things at times take an unfun turn which really makes it feel like what happening matters. The Rangers really struggle and they don't always win which just all the more makes us want them to win.

I really like the characters and each of them had a certain amount of depth.

Ziggy/Green Ranger he's my second favorite. He's sort of like Scott Lang/Ant Man just like Scott he's a person that's really not a bad person just on the wrong track. He was a former thief that has been imprisoned but has been given a second shot in life. I really like there is just this fun non serious persona, I like that despite good at his job he's not that good sometimes he get overwhelmed by the odds or even stumbles a bit which I felt just made his character seem more human and it makes sense since he's has less experience being a ranger. I also like his romantic interaction with Dr. T which I always found both sweet and funny, both of them really are great together because they balance each other out it's sort of like a heart and brain relationship, it's a shame both didn't have enough episodes together but oh well.

Even like the Dr. T character whom is dressed almost like Romania from "Doctor Who" with that preppy outfit and straw hat. Her character is sort of on the shy side, brainy, doesn't really get out much. Really liked seeing how much Ziggy challenges her by at times giving her some unintentional grief. But after a while she really does warm up to him even opens up a bit which she's never done with anyone.

Dylan/Black Ranger he's awesome my favorite Ranger of the bunch, he's sort of half human and machine. This character you really feel a sympathetic vibe toward as he is just in constant struggle from the machine side of him trying to override his humanity, his responsibilities as a Ranger to stop the machine empire, but most of all trying to find a way to save his sister from their control if possible. It's once again a complexity in the good guy and bad guy dynamic as one is forced to be on the other end of the fence and the other is faced with harder choices.

The villainous played well by Adiline Kane whom is just a beautiful actress and I'll admit looks really really good in that tight costume. Ahem but she's a solid villain that I actually don't hate, she's got charisma and menace. She is also one that has a sympathetic vibe despite what she does and says it's not at her own will, she is by her nature just a puppet for the main villain to use. Which just all the more makes us hope a way to free her exists.

Well, nothing more to say, "Power Ranger R.P.M." is in Top Gear.

Rating: 4 stars