IMDb > The Haunting of Pearson Place (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

2 thumbs up!

Author: svigue525 from United States
10 October 2011

I really enjoyed the movie in its entirety. It was definitely a thriller, yet comical. It definitely had its edge of the seat moments. I thought it was creative and tastefully done. Tracy Teague's performance was fabulous. I would definitely recommend this movie to friends and family. I had no idea what the budget was $500 until the release, but i would have guessed it was a lot more. The cast was amazing and the storyline was excellent. The suspense alone had me on the edge of my seat. The cast worked very well together and it showed in the movie. I give the cast and the movie2 thumbs up. It was a job well done.

good film!

Author: collinsc67 from United States
11 October 2011

Good movie with a well developed story line. Not too gory, it did not rely on cheap thrills but rather it played upon the imagination of the audience using creative imaging and story content. They got me with the interesting and believable characters and held me with twists and turns. Suspenseful moments were well balanced with unexpected moments of comedy. I enjoyed watching the movie, my mind was racing to figure out the puzzle of Pearson's place before the credits rolled. I particularly liked the ending, glad to see it was not too predictable. The cinematography, acting and makeup were all great.

Congrats to the cast and crew!

Future Cult Classic

Author: Silverscrnwriter from United States
11 October 2011

The Haunting at Pearson Place is superbly acted, directed and really, really….funny. It's smart horror film that knows how to be truly entertaining by not taking itself too seriously. Regen Wilson is a master with reactions – one annoyed glance from him and the audience was in stitches. Ken Arnold and Tracey Teague were also excellent as the beleaguered couple under attack by the strange creatures inhabiting Pearson Place. Joe Estevez was also a riot as the constantly underfoot interloper (he was either a realtor or the caretaker – I can't remember which, but he was a delightful and creepy pain in the ass). A funny, creepy, thoroughly entertaining film that will not only hold up under multiple viewings but has great potential to become a cult classic.

WELL DONE! supernatural thriller without a huge budget!

Author: billsetype from United States
9 October 2011

I simply LOVED this Movie.

It was moody and very well Acted. Tracy Teague did a phenomenal job, and Ken, Regan and Julie were also spot on per their Roles. Last but certainly not least, it is obvious that Joe Estevez has acting 'genes' that run across his family. His brother has nothing on him for the role he portrayed in 'Haunting'! He was amazing.

The screenplay was tight (some of the tag lines.. well.. I won't forget them anytime soon!)... it had humor interspersed with some cutting edge sarcasm and genuine panic. Michael's direction was very intriguing. Its obvious that he is a student of the business and has taken some real cues from some masters (Hitchcock really comes to mind). Some very creative camera panning, angles and draw backs..

All in all, I think this movie was really good and deserves a decent distribution. I would go pay $10 at the big theater to see it! Bill Hocking

Thrilling and chilling with a side of tongue-in-cheek humor only Mike Merino can deliver!

Author: thomasgraham1 from United States
8 October 2011

Thrilling and chilling with a side of sardonic humor only Mike Merino can deliver! The Haunting of Pearson Place has a well-developed storyline told in true Horror flick style. The cast is well-balanced and a delight to see, and the "House"creepy. Creepy, creepy, creepy! Tracy Teague's Gwen is a strong force who doesn't take crap from her husband Steven, played by Ken Arnold. Steven is, for the most part, the yin to Gwen's yang. However, there is only so much a man can take -- he puts up with her sharp tongue to a point, and then he comes out swinging. Katherine, played by Julie Price is the sexy girl next door, who like Gwen can be a real b*#@! to her husband Michael. Regen Wilson is at the top of his game as the wryly commenting, antagonistic Michael. Joe Estevez and Mick McGuire are a joy to watch as the menacing Bob Osberg and Jim Shoemaker. Suzi Lorraine and Logan Anderson are simply delicious as The Founder and Kelda. Although a cameo role, Paul Bugelski's Dr. Nichols is disturbingly devilish and delightfully memorable. Enjoy the ride as the house on Pearson Place pits husband against wife, friend against friend, and the memories of times gone by, ever stuck in the present, against them all -- who will win? See it and find out.

The Haunting of Pearson Place will leave you thrilled, chilled and your funny bone grilled.

Author: William Powell from United States
7 October 2011

See there's this new species out there. A hybrid. Horror-comedy they call it. You watch the movie, you get scared, you laugh a little here and there. It's catching on. I highly recommend it.

Director Michael Merino's The Haunting of Pearson Place fits the bill. Scary here, funny there. Lot's going on. Hell's a popping'. See it all centers on a yuppie couple who want to buy an old house and turn it into a bed and breakfast (don't they always?). Gwen and Steven (Tracy Teague, as good here as she was in Respire, and always excellent Ken Arnold) have a strained marriage and they figger somehow this will save it.

Seems like these yuppie couples never listen to the locals, for example the likes of store owner Carol (effectively scary Kelly Slagle) who suggests the place has a lot of negative energy, and they just might want to reconsider being proprietors of a bed and breakfast. Seems like the house once served as a hospice for World War I soldiers who did not die there in a pleasant manner. From there it gets really weird. Where's Rod Serling?

Throw in another, more annoying couple, Catherine and Michael (Aussie actress Julie Price and why-isn't-he-famous Regan Wilson), and stir, and you get a recipe that stinks to high heaven when Gwen gets reminded of her husband Steven's questionable history with Catherine. We see Teague, as Gwen, throw her delicious bitchiness around like a hatchet.

If that wasn't bad enough, weirdo real estate agent (Joe Estevez, Charlie Sheen's uncle) pops in and out of thin air every so often to harass Steven, and talks to folks who ain't there. Hmmm. We see a wacked-out chick in a bathtub, mannequins that talk, a hand coming from under the bed and such like. All punctuated by laughs hither and yon. Funniest of all is inspector from the county, Jim Shoemaker (the excellent Mick McGuire), who has a too-close moment with Michael that will have you ROTFL.

Great Premise, Very Entertaining, in the style similar to "The Shining"

Author: tbull_68 from United States
6 October 2011

This entertaining horror movie had a very "The Shining" like style, but with a total different premise and unique story line. The interactions between Michael (Regen Wilson) and Jim Shoemaker (Mick McGuire) were quite awesomely done and were the hit of the movie! Regen Wilson's portrayal of Michael additionally added a critical element of chemistry to the movie over all. Mick "Two Birds/One Stone" McGuire's lines in the movie were unforgettable and sure to be repeated by those who have seen the movie. Overall, the cast did well, and the story kept you waiting in anticipation to what was going to happen next. I will not get into the other characters' individual analysis, as I do not want to give away too much of the plot, but the haunters were definitely both intriguing and creepy! ~Dave

Pleasantly surprised to have a few laughs during the show.

Author: jennmckinley from Alexandria
6 October 2011

When the 7:00pm screening of this movie sold out I almost opted out. "Horror" flicks aren't a genre that I typically choose but I wanted to give this one a shot since I was invited to the screening.

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. There was enough thrill and suspense to keep me interested but no so much gore that I was turned off and even a bit of humor which definitely helped me to settle down after the scares. The actors and actresses did a fantastic job and the storyline was good. I would have loved to have more back story with regard to the tension between the two main characters, but that's just my personal preference as drama is my preferred genre. Overall good show! Great job everyone!

Author: lh29 from United States
6 October 2011

If you want to watch a great ghost thriller, than I highly recommend "the Haunting Of Pearson Place" directed by Michael Merino. The film will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for every next move. The cinematography was superb; they couldn't have found a better place to film it at. All actors did an excellent job and had strong acting abilities. The facial and character expressions by actors Joe Estevez who plays Bob Osberg and Regin Wilson who plays Michael, could not be surpassed. The reaction by Regin Wilson towards actor Mick McGuire will leave you in a state of shock that at moments are amusing. By the end you will be saying to yourself, "two birds, one stone" and walking out of the theater with a smile on your face.

fantastic atmosphere

Author: jdswope from United States
6 October 2011

Congratulations to all those involved with the movie - so much tone, so much presence - layers of atmosphere! The music was fantastic and the sound effects were - well - effective! Loved the bits of humor interspersed with the drama of the story........... just, wow!

The tension between the leading couple was palpable; each did not fully trust the other, yet each tried to protect the other from knowledge about the unusual happenings. The addition of the supporting couple allowed each of the four to interact with others, thus giving the audience additional information about their characters and relationships. The house itself was a worthy cast member, contributing very definitely to the atmosphere of menace and expectation.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]