Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Savin (James Badge Dale) is based on Eric Savin, aka Coldblood, originally a cyborg assassin who was not tied to any one particular Marvel comic book.
- Brandt (Stephanie Szostak) is based on Ellen Brandt, the ex-wife and villain to Man-Thing.
- and Taggert (Ashley Hamilton) is based on Jack Taggert, aka Firepower, who was African-American in the comics (not white as in the film) and had his own armored suit to fight Iron Man.
- In Iron Man 3, Aldrich Killian loses an arm during the battle with Tony Stark.
- In Thor: The Dark World (2013), Loki cuts off Thor's arm on Svartalfheim.
- In Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Bucky lost his arm during his fall from the train.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Gamora cuts off Groot's arm during the group's initial scuffle on Xandar.
- The 'Extremis' arc, which involved Tony Stark developing and using the Extremis virus, a nanotech version of Captain America's serum
- Tony Stark is ousted and rendered a homeless vagrant, and while wandering around befriends a civilian who inspires him
- The Mandarin seeks to use Extremis as a WMD
- The 'Invincible Iron Man' arc, where Stark goes on the run and War Machine and Rescue appear in his place
- The 'Armor Wars' arc, where Tony Stark fakes his death due to constant harassment by Firepower
- The 'Enter the Mandarin' arc, where Iron Man clashes with the Mandarin.
-Iron Man - Weaponry and technology.
-Hulk - Mutation and nuclear power.
-Captain America - Experimentation and espionage.
-Thor - Mithology and religion.
-Guardians of the Galaxy - Extratrerrestrial life and cosmic beings.
-Ant-Man - Telepathy and control about animals.
-Doctor Strange - Magic and witchcraft.
-Avengers - Alien Invasion.
-Avengers: Age of Ultron - Artificial Intelligence.