The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Page 5 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

i can't believe this has more than 2 stars

Author: webmaster-1615 from United States
8 May 2010

i am trying to wrap my head around who would give this movie 7 stars. maybe it was a group of anarchists trying to skew the scoring just for the hell of it. maybe it was a marketing company who needed to get some buzz for this film. i don't know.

i really liked the first film- it was a lot of fun. well-written, editing and cinematography was good and overall the movie fulfilled my most deepest revenge fantasies.

this time around the anger and spitfire insults sounded hollow, almost pathetic.the violence seemed just downright stupid. the production values are non-existent. the sound quality is flat, music is mediocre. the plot- flimsy.

cheesy.

i gave up after 30 minutes.

Wha..?

Author: abs-ghosh from United States
3 April 2010

I can't say I did not see this coming but I was still curious seeing as how I didn't hear a word about this movie from anyone around here in Boston (which is very surprising). As a tribute I gathered my roommates to watch the first one and then a double feature with the second. As expected the first was well received but 20 minutes after the second everyone fell asleep (I included) but I woke a few minutes later struggled to watch the whole thing.

The conclusion: My God!!! What the hell did I just see. I can barely even remember the movie parts cause its so bad. The very beginning of the movie makes you wonder what the hell is going on. Then as it keeps going you realize they are trying be more complex and trying to have the same humor at the same time which all falls flat all to badly. The thing to realize is that most of the new characters you see are nothing but mere stand in for the original. Julie Benz is terrible as Eunice bloom, very hot but its very obvious that was the reason they had her for this film. Also if anyone has seen the first they know that the funny man is longer in the picture, that is why you will wonder who/and why is the third such a stand out. his addition gives the feeling that I am in a Rob Schnieder flick. Perhaps if it were viewed as a parody it may barely pass but as a sequel to a decent movie... I don't know what happened here.

A movie for a Boondock fan? Hell no!

Author: dreadur from Gbg, Sweden
3 March 2010

IMDb says 7 out of 10 for this movie. Before i watched it I read a few reviews that claimed it was true to the boondock-concept etc etc. I absolutely loved the first movie. This movie on the other hand is a total disgrace. Not only to the "Boondock concept" (if there is such a thing?) but to all movies that rate around 7 here on IMDb. How the hell can the this be the same director and almost the same cast as the last movie and still result in this?! The director must have been on drugs for the last 10 years after the first movie. I cant find anything good about this movie so there's no real need to point out good/bad stuff. Other reviewers have done that.

At one time I actually thought they'd had to have switched some of the actors from the first movie and just made them look like the macmanus brothers, because an actor should have got better after 10 years no?

Worst movie of all time!!

Author: phatnat45 from United States
28 November 2009

Let me just say that this movie is the worst piece of garbage I have ever seen!!! I fell asleep for 15 min of the 1 hour I could stand to watch, and then walked out on the last 45 min. Even If I hadn't viewed the first film, which I have, It still would have been a terrible movie!! What the hell was the role of the Mexican guy???????? It made no sense at all!! In fact, as soon as he came on the scene i knew that the movie would only get worse...Please....do not waste your time or money!!! Especially if you are a big fan of the first movie, it will crush you to see this film. I am embarrassed for the director of the movie, and for all the people involved, you have truly created the ultimate piece of visual trash, I could have done a better job wasted with 2 hours of sleep!!

Garbage

Author: thomas-roby from United States
12 February 2010

I am a huge fan of the original Boondock Saints, but this latest installment was a train wreck. The movie was everywhere and never got back on track. The ending was probably the best part of the film, but that is not saying much. The character Julie Benz played was horrible, nice to look at, but every time she talked all I heard was the sound of the teacher form the Charliee Brown cartoons. I don't know what Troy Duffy was trying to do by trying to throw comedy in this one. The first one had only a couple of funny parts, but this one he tried way to many and most of them failed. If I wanted a comedy I would have gone and seen a Vince Vaughn flick. I was really disappointed with the way the movie was done. We all have been waiting 10 years for this movie and this is the garbage that we get. We deserve better then that. I have a lot of friends that are BDS fans and die hard at that. They are utterly discussed at the mess we watched. Please Troy don't make a third one, if it is any thing like that last one. I will buy the DVD and leave it in the bathroom, just in case I run out of toilet paper.

Horrible on so many levels

Author: tallnorshort from United States
19 December 2009

Any person with half a brain cell can tell you this sequel was awful. Riddle with stereotypes and bad plot twist, this was not even worth one penny of my money. If there one mermory i could take back from my life it would be watching this movie. From the very beginning to the very end it was just terrible. Bad acting, writing, producing, directing, it had it all. This made a mockery out the first movie and is an embarrassment to film making its self. I hope this movie wins every razzie award, because it deserves it. Do yourself a favor and just watch the first one and leave it as it is. And by the way, just because you like the first one so much, does not make this any better of a movie, it just makes you a moron. Give this movie what it truly deserves, and that 1/10 stars.

felt like a lesser remake

Author: bettertan78
6 May 2016

This movie was kind of weird in the sense that it felt like a remake of the first one. The story is not exactly the same but the movie kind of hits the same points the first one does, Even going as far as having an Agent following them and figuring out how it was all done. (as well as helping them) There was too much that was just similar to the first one including the sidekick friend helping them.

It felt a little bit boring because it felt like I was watching the same thing. The bad guys were kinda silly this time too, specially the main one (not the one at the very end but the one hiding in the metal room)

It wasn't the worst or anything like that, but it was rather forgettable and it was repeating its own bits from the previews one, The first one is better.

The Boondock Saints II:All Saints Day

Author: Scarecrow-88 from United States
22 September 2010

Let's do some gratuitous violence.

Soldiers of the Son of God, "Jesus freaks", the underground celebrated Saints, Conner and Murphy MacManus(Sean Patrick Flanery & Norman Reedus), return to their old hunting grounds of Boston to take down the ones responsible for the murder of a priest. They are framed for this murder as the hit man behind the crime attempted to set it up as an orchestrated crime scene the Saints would commit. Conner and Murphy attain a new partner in Latino dish washer Romeo(Clifton Collins Jr), who so desperately wants to fit in and become part of their team. What results is a massacre as the trio obliterate an entire Italian mob, led by a mysterious "Old Man" called "The Roman" and the one he has in charge, Concezio Yakavetta(Judd Nelson). Julie Benz(toying with a terrible Texan accent)is Special Agent Eunice, head over the priest's case, and, subsequently, secretly an ally of the Brothers MacManus, helping them along the way which lands her eventually in hot water. Billy Connolly returns as Poppa MacManus, and we are privy to flashbacks when he was a young man, seeing that his father was killed, understanding how he would become such a notorious killer and learning of a brother who betrayed him. Detectives Greenly, Duffy, and Dolly(Bob Marley, Brian Mahoney, & David Ferry )are worried that Eunice will uncover the fact that they are aligned with the MacManus brothers. As expected, THE BOONDOCK SAINTS II has plenty of shootouts and slow motion body damage as mob goons fall in alarming numbers. We are supposed to accept the idea that three people(well Benz gets in on the fun, too, even donning a cowgirl outfit at one point)can annihilate an entire mob family. That's the fun of it, really, seeing so few kill so many. THE BOONDOCK SAINTS II is more comedy than anything else, satirizing the mob movie, poking fun at the stereotypes. Willem Dafoe and Peter Fonda appear in small roles.

Let' Hope There is No Boondock Saints III

Author: gradyharp from United States
19 September 2010

It may be impossible to review BOODOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY having not seen the original, but every movie, no matter how far down the line they are in the sequel queue, should be judged on its own merits. This film about two Irish brothers who are vigilantes with a bifurcated means of delivering justice (murder in the name of the Church) was written by brothers Troy and Taylor Duffy (Troy Duffy also directs) from Connecticut whose only credits include the same roles for the 1999 original BOONDOCK SAINTS and paling in their own band named after the movie. It has moments that entertain, but the film is primarily concerned with noise, slaughter, potty mouth dialogue, and confusing use of forward and backward black and white film clips that are supposed to serve clarifying the confusing plot.

The McaManus brothers (Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus), some years past their initial episode of crime in the name of the Church in Boston, are living a quiet life in Ireland with their father (Billy Connolly), but when they learn their beloved priest has been killed by mob forces, the duo return to Boston to bring justice to those responsible. They take on an assistant - Mexican fighter Clifton Collins, Jr. - and plan the destruction of the killers of the priest. Naturally there are cops who were in one the original assassinations and they fear for their MacManus friends, but the FBI Special Agent Eunice (Julie Benz, sporting a maladaptive Southern drawl) enters and takes over and the rest is history - and blood, and murders, and caricatures of crime bosses, and noise, and CGI effects. There are a number of actors with bit parts - Willem Dafoe, Judd Nelson, Peter Fonda - that add little to the big pie. One of the advantages of the DVD is the option to turn on subtitles: otherwise the dialogue is fairly indecipherable under the noise and the 'music score' by Jeff Danna. There must bean audience out there for this kind of movie - otherwise a sequel would never have been made 10 years from the original!

Grady Harp

Disappointed

Author: sonzomerta from The Planet
17 September 2010

I enjoyed the first immensely. I did not realise there was so much of a gap in years between the two movies as I did not see the first as soon as it was out.

Don't waste your time with this one. The characters seem flat except for the two veterans. The lack of real feeling you get from the villains makes them empty and pointless. No sense of valid shooting. No real reason to come after them.

The flash backs to the old man's past was about the only good spot in it.

Better to look up the original director and producers and see what else they have made.

Lifes too short to be spent on poor movies.