The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Page 4 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Wha..?

Author: abs-ghosh from United States
3 April 2010

I can't say I did not see this coming but I was still curious seeing as how I didn't hear a word about this movie from anyone around here in Boston (which is very surprising). As a tribute I gathered my roommates to watch the first one and then a double feature with the second. As expected the first was well received but 20 minutes after the second everyone fell asleep (I included) but I woke a few minutes later struggled to watch the whole thing.

The conclusion: My God!!! What the hell did I just see. I can barely even remember the movie parts cause its so bad. The very beginning of the movie makes you wonder what the hell is going on. Then as it keeps going you realize they are trying be more complex and trying to have the same humor at the same time which all falls flat all to badly. The thing to realize is that most of the new characters you see are nothing but mere stand in for the original. Julie Benz is terrible as Eunice bloom, very hot but its very obvious that was the reason they had her for this film. Also if anyone has seen the first they know that the funny man is longer in the picture, that is why you will wonder who/and why is the third such a stand out. his addition gives the feeling that I am in a Rob Schnieder flick. Perhaps if it were viewed as a parody it may barely pass but as a sequel to a decent movie... I don't know what happened here.

A movie for a Boondock fan? Hell no!

Author: dreadur from Gbg, Sweden
3 March 2010

IMDb says 7 out of 10 for this movie. Before i watched it I read a few reviews that claimed it was true to the boondock-concept etc etc. I absolutely loved the first movie. This movie on the other hand is a total disgrace. Not only to the "Boondock concept" (if there is such a thing?) but to all movies that rate around 7 here on IMDb. How the hell can the this be the same director and almost the same cast as the last movie and still result in this?! The director must have been on drugs for the last 10 years after the first movie. I cant find anything good about this movie so there's no real need to point out good/bad stuff. Other reviewers have done that.

At one time I actually thought they'd had to have switched some of the actors from the first movie and just made them look like the macmanus brothers, because an actor should have got better after 10 years no?

Worst movie of all time!!

Author: phatnat45 from United States
28 November 2009

Let me just say that this movie is the worst piece of garbage I have ever seen!!! I fell asleep for 15 min of the 1 hour I could stand to watch, and then walked out on the last 45 min. Even If I hadn't viewed the first film, which I have, It still would have been a terrible movie!! What the hell was the role of the Mexican guy???????? It made no sense at all!! In fact, as soon as he came on the scene i knew that the movie would only get worse...Please....do not waste your time or money!!! Especially if you are a big fan of the first movie, it will crush you to see this film. I am embarrassed for the director of the movie, and for all the people involved, you have truly created the ultimate piece of visual trash, I could have done a better job wasted with 2 hours of sleep!!

Garbage

Author: thomas-roby from United States
12 February 2010

I am a huge fan of the original Boondock Saints, but this latest installment was a train wreck. The movie was everywhere and never got back on track. The ending was probably the best part of the film, but that is not saying much. The character Julie Benz played was horrible, nice to look at, but every time she talked all I heard was the sound of the teacher form the Charliee Brown cartoons. I don't know what Troy Duffy was trying to do by trying to throw comedy in this one. The first one had only a couple of funny parts, but this one he tried way to many and most of them failed. If I wanted a comedy I would have gone and seen a Vince Vaughn flick. I was really disappointed with the way the movie was done. We all have been waiting 10 years for this movie and this is the garbage that we get. We deserve better then that. I have a lot of friends that are BDS fans and die hard at that. They are utterly discussed at the mess we watched. Please Troy don't make a third one, if it is any thing like that last one. I will buy the DVD and leave it in the bathroom, just in case I run out of toilet paper.

Horrible on so many levels

Author: tallnorshort from United States
19 December 2009

Any person with half a brain cell can tell you this sequel was awful. Riddle with stereotypes and bad plot twist, this was not even worth one penny of my money. If there one mermory i could take back from my life it would be watching this movie. From the very beginning to the very end it was just terrible. Bad acting, writing, producing, directing, it had it all. This made a mockery out the first movie and is an embarrassment to film making its self. I hope this movie wins every razzie award, because it deserves it. Do yourself a favor and just watch the first one and leave it as it is. And by the way, just because you like the first one so much, does not make this any better of a movie, it just makes you a moron. Give this movie what it truly deserves, and that 1/10 stars.

"Let's do some gratuitous violence."

Author: juneebuggy from Canada
27 June 2015

Well this was pretty terrible, granted it had its moments but they were few and far between. I'm not sure what this movie was trying to be exactly, a comedy what with the antics and ridiculous dialogue of the three stooges cops routine, a fantasy, a stylized shootout movie? It's a violent trigger happy ride whatever the case.

Ultimately I barely made it through this which was so disappointing after the cult classic awesomeness of the first movie. I did enjoy Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery and some of the shootout scenes are well stylized and cool looking (Billy Connolly) but with the plot being more of an afterthought than anything else this just ended up feeling disjointed, unoriginal, absurd and over-the-top.

The storyline (as it were) follows the MacManus brothers who return to Boston to take on the mob after a local priest is killed in cold blood and left with all the distinguishing trademarks of a Macmanus hit. With the blame falling on the brothers they are out for bloody justice.

Special shout out to Judd Nelson who brings a whole new meaning to overacting. Just terrible. And I also had to laugh at the endless talk of forced bum humping and cock sandwiches. Mentioned so many times and in so many different ways it was like homophobic overcompensation for what they actually wanted. Anyways... 6/9/15

Not even close to a decent movie

Author: jboybk from United States
18 June 2015

If you are in the mood to be disappointed go watch this movie. The writer tried so hard to make this a comedy or just a stupid movie. Compared to the first one this movie is a disgrace for the director and creator. The characters are not supposed to act funny, their quirkiness and charisma was just a bonus of them being Cool vigilante gangsters in the first movie. This movie they added a stupid character who was supposed to replace the character Rocco in the first one, and boy did they fail. The corniness in cheesy lines from each character including the female detective and the others make you feel just awkward watching the movie. The first movie went down as a classic, a hidden gem for gangster movies that you brag about to friends who have not seen it. I Really hope they make a third that is similar to the first. This is supposed to be a gangster film not a wannabe comedy with killing people. Disgrace, disappointed in everyone who did not have the guts to tell the writer and director you are going in the wrong direction.

not cool enough to be good

Author: SnoopyStyle
24 April 2015

The MacManus brothers (Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus) are with their father (Billy Connolly) in an isolated farm in Ireland. A priest in Boston has been killed in a church using their style. The brothers dig up their other life and return to Boston to avenge the killing. FBI SPECIAL Agent Eunice Bloom (Julie Benz) takes over the investigation from the incompetent local cops. On the freighter to America, the brothers are joined by Mexican fighter Romeo (Clifton Collins Jr.). Concezio Yakavetta (Judd Nelson) has taken over the gang after his father's killing by the MacManus.

The over-stylized mannerisms are interesting for a little while. However it becomes more of a distraction. It's not compelling enough to be interesting. It's not cool enough to be good. Julie Benz's accent gets a bit annoying. Billy Connolly only has a short cameo and the boys don't have his charisma. Everything is a little bit annoying like Judd Nelson and the movie is a messy mix.

Hell's Angels of Death...

Author: poe426 from USA
2 March 2015

THE GODFATHER gave birth to THE GODFATHER II; THE BOONDOCK SAINTS begat THE BOONDOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY; need more be said? Troy Duffy has given us more of the character-driven carnage that made the original such an original: there's John Woo-style action aplenty; a mini-murderer with a Napoleon complex; Clifton Collins as a redneck Mexicutioner; a cameo by Willem Dafoe; and Peter Fonda in an incredible (if brief) performance as "the Roman." There are great lines throughout: Billy Connolly laments that the only problem with making it look like a priest died at the hands of The Boondock Saints "was... it worked." (Because the ploy backfires and the Saints come "back with a vengeance.") Julie Benz as Detective Eunice Bloom says she's there to "capture the men responsible for the murder of 22 of Boston's finest criminals." "You better find your Inner Gangster," the Don orders his capos. I could go on, but my point has been made: THE BOONDOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY is as funny and original as the first film. I can't wait to see the next one.

Don't do it. Don't watch it. Walk away. This movie never happened.

Author: Hans Miniar Jónsson from Iceland
10 December 2014

Or rather, I wish it never happened. I mean, the first one was brilliant... or at least "good". The Boondock Saints is witty, entertaining, clever, good fun, and while it has some stereotypes and tropes it doesn't appear to go out of it's way to be prejudiced drivel.

This... is nothing like that movie.

All Saints Day feels like two hyper-testosterone boys, desperate to be "REAL MEN", with no cinematic experience that didn't involve loony toons, got together and wrote a shitty fanfic based on the first movie, and someone read it and thought to themselves that this was a great way to try and build a franchise.

The amount of "no homo" and slapstick in this pile of drivel is hideous. And the dream vision of how to be REAL MEN(tm) just takes the f-ing cake.

Only saving grace in the whole movie is... well... there isn't one.

If you enjoyed the Boondock Saints, walk away, this never happened.