The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Page 2 of 19:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Worst sequel I've ever seen!

Author: tom-681-36092 from United States
9 March 2010

Way to destroy the original movie! The cinematography was the only OK part. The dialogs were very artificial and low, low, low. An average high school kid would have written better lines. The acting was terrible! Over the top and not convincing at all.

It almost looks like Weird Al Yankovic wrote, directed and acted in it! Wait, let me take it back... If he had done it it would have been better.

I loved the original movie and the sequel makes me ashamed of it.

The first movie was an A-class movie. This one is a Z-class.

Don't waste your money!

Immensely Disappointing

Author: LolaBaby from California
12 December 2009

Let me preface this by saying that Boondock Saints (the original) is my favorite movie. I thought Duffy did a great job with the first flick-fine script, fun performances-such an enjoyable film. I was one of the maddening crowd waiting with baited breathe for the sequel. We're not talking "Citizen Kane" here, but a well rounded, entertaining piece of celluloid. I've turned many people on to "Saints" over the years, and happily so. I was really excited BS2 finally getting made, and couldn't wait to see what Duffy was going to do with the story.

I can honestly say, this movie sucked. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. OK, the good parts: Sean, Norman, and Billy were fine. They fell back into their roles with ease, and had a couple fun lines, and seemed natural playing the parts. The storyline wasn't horrible. The sets were good, the cinematography was fine. No complaints with the technical parts of the BS2.

The script was awful. The acting? Disgraceful. That chick? What was the deal with the crappy accent? The affectations? Her "badassness" was contrived and insulting. Judd Nelson overacted-surprise!-again! So did everyone else. Lines were delivered poorly. Some lines were just completely embarrassing. "DING DONG!" Wow. Yawn. I enjoyed the first 15 minutes, right up through the brawl and the boys hooking up with the little scrapper. Then the movie went quickly downhill from there.

In all my movie-viewing years, I've only walked out on one theatrical release: "Robin Hood: Men In Tights". I can now add BS2 to that list. We couldn't even force ourselves to sit through to the end. Such a shame, too. Those characters (and Sean, Norman and Billy) deserved a better fate.

No clue what the hell Duffy was thinking, but I can tell you: this is one movie I will never recommend to friends. Watch the first one again rather than waste your time and money on this load of poop. It's a hour and 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. We are not amused.

This sequel sucked.

Author: andrewlaparra from United States
29 November 2009

It was awful, awful, awful, awful, awful. Excessive language that made no sense, some chick FBI agent that was so fake southern, and a story that did not by any means redeem itself from the former movie. I give it no stars because it looks like it took 4 months to make. And that's bad, when in reality, they had 10 years to make it great. Do not go see this movie. Especially if your ticket costs 10 bucks, like mine did.

The guy FBI agents in the movie acted like pansies the whole time. And the crime lords' acting was terrible. Major overreacting. And also some- thing I noticed was the glamour shot piece in the middle of the movie where the FBI girl agent was doing a freakin fashion show.

Absolutely Unforgivable.

Author: TheDancingPopcorn from United States
21 March 2010

Let me start by imploring anyone... ANYONE who is a fan of the first movie to please, forget that this sequel has ever been made - I beg of you. To call this "movie" a travesty is an understatement. Hell, to even call this two hour mistake a "movie" is an insult to every mili- second of acting ever captured on microfiche in the history of cinema.

If you're a fan of the film "Boondock Saints," be warned that this production not only goes out of it's way to insult and punish you for being a fan of the original, but deliberately creates ways to destroy nearly every aspect of it's mythos - blatantly devising plot holes that suddenly stretch across both films. It's incredibly difficult to believe that this feature was created, written, directed and performed by the exact same people from the first film, as this sequel - due to it's frequent slapstick elements, Troma-esquire style of incessant bad acting and complete unbelievability - it seems more as if the Farrelly Brothers ripped off the concept and cast Jim Carrey to play all available parts, passing off the finalized bowel movement as "All Saints Day."

I have yet to figure out what was wrong with Sean Patrick Flanery twenty minutes into this film. The first twenty minutes every actor looked fine, a little older, maybe a little heavier, but it was still the same crew. And then, it seemed, Sean Patrick Flanery appeared to either suffer from a bad case of the mumps or had been subjected to one of the worse cases of botox I have ever seen; his face swelled, his skin looked airbrushed and he seemed to lose the ability to completely close his eyes. His appearance changed so drastically at one point, I had to jump onto Internet Movie Database just to check if it was, in fact, him in this movie.

The three cops from the first film, who provided some ironic (if not, iconic - "symbology?") elements of comic relief before, were regretfully transformed into The Three Stooges for this project and the addition of Julie Benz seeming to play an F.B.I. parody of Kyra Sedgwick's character on "The Closer" made the scenes NOT focused on the MacManus Family almost as nauseating as the ones that were.

Judd Nelson as an ethnic Godfather-type character (which was a bit like watching Gary Coleman attempting to play "The Hulk") and Clifton Collins Jr. as the brothers' new third (which was like replacing Rocco in the first film with "Pest" era John Leguizamo) were the perfect cast choices to round out this production of "My God, What Were They Thinking?"

Troy Duffy, the "director" here attempted to multiply everything of the first movie by a hundred: the caricatures of the mob bosses are a hundred times more unbelievable and the tongue-in-check, goofy expressions are a hundred times more overly dramatic. With all of these and, so much more, the overall feeling of "Boondock Saint's 2" is, at minimum, a hundred times worse than the original - and that's being kind.

This sequel, this "movie" is unforgivable. Absolutely unforgivable and the experience of watching it is nothing less than painful. I was in a car crash last week (I actually was!) and it was honestly more enjoyable than this picture, in at least it was over quicker. And if all my words still don't dissuade you from checking this out from your local Blockbuster, I end with two things:

1. It is my personal opinion that all people involved in this movie, including writer/director Troy Duffy, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus and Billy Connolly should be taken to court and tried for war crimes against cinema.

And 2. I am seriously considering cracking my copy of the original "Boondock Saints" in half, solely on the fact that I cannot imagine a situation where I could ever bring myself to think about this sequel ever, ever again.

If you liked BS1, do yourself a favor and skip this one

Author: dnooman from United States
26 February 2010

I have watched BS1 at least six times. I have told everyone I know that they absolutely must see it. Sadly, I must now tell everyone I know to save themselves from at the very least a 2 hour waste of time, and at most having paid good money to see one of the worst scripted movies I have ever seen.

It is shockingly bad. Not even "funny" bad, just pathetic. I waited a long, long time for this, and it just slaps the first movie in the face. Obviously, had the first movie never been made, or never been seen as such a sleeper hit, this movie would have been laughed out of every studio with a quickness. The only redeeming parts of it were blatant re-hashes from the first movie, and a few of the actors managed to defy Duffy's direction and actually act. Those being Fonda, Connolly, and Dafoe (who's in it for about 2 minutes).

There comes a point where a movie is not bad in a subjective sense, but it is bad in a purely objective sense. Sad to say, but all the other former fans giving this a one star rating can't all be wrong.

What a disappointment.

The Boondock Saints 2

Author: Angelus2 from United Kingdom
15 October 2010

The MacManus brothers return to America, in order to exact revenge upon the killer of a priest, they once knew. The plot is weak, and sadly the quality simple keeps deteriorating from there on.

This film tries to recreate the quirkiness of the first film, however it fails miserably. The cast is relatively the same, Julie Benz who plays the beautiful Eunice, but thats all she actually provides.

The acting is atrocious, the dialogue is even worse, the characters are one dimensional and those that are given 'quirky' traits fail to entice the audience.

But the biggest fault lies in the comedy, it's just not funny, at all. The jokes are all outdated or offencive and the main two characters seem to come in and out of their accents, overall the film fails to give its predecessor a good name.

an unworthy sequel to an incredible film

Author: Spaceygirl (melanie.diesel@bbraun.co.za) from Johannesburg, South Africa
3 April 2010

Boondock saints 2 isn't an awful movie, it's not even an abysmally bad movie, it's just not nowhere near as good as the original. Whereas the first one had sly, almost dry humour, the sequel is crude in it's execution with lame one-liners and over-the-top set pieces. The script is poorly written and the dialogue is stilted. It coasts on it's 'remember-when' factor, all the old familiar characters are back, including some killed off in the original, with a few new faces. Clifton Collins, who grated in Crank is just as annoying in this and the addition of Julie Benz was a bad choice. She's completely OTT and her accent is one of the most annoying ever heard, although she does wear great shoes. I only reason I gave it three stars was for Sean Patrick Flannery and Norman Reedus and for, surprise, surprise, Peter Fonda in the cameo of the year. He and Billy Connelly share a brief electrifying scene near the end of the movie. Mr Duffy, hang your head in shame.

There is bad, worse, and then there's Boondock Saints II

Author: The_Crentist from United States
18 March 2010

As a HUGE Boondock Saints fan I'd have to say not only was I disappointed in this film but I was also furious. This movie lacked the originality that the first film had and it also lacked the depth. It is an abomination of the Boondock Saints title and Troy Duffy should be ashamed. I came into this movie with very low standards and hopes after seeing the trailers which seemed to me a mockery of the film. I would first like to point out my biggest peeve in the film, which was the acting. The cops in the film were TERRIBLE!!! I have never seen such bad acting in my life, which confuses me because in the first film they were fairly good. Then came Julie Benz(who I happened to be a fan of). She really impressed me in the show "Dexter" but in this movie she was flat out bad, in plain English. Her southern accent was one I would picture an amateur child would do at a middle school talent show. As for the saints, well I have no complaints about their acting in general.

Next we move on to the Russian mob who had no such Russian accents. Okay maybe they are just descendants of their Russian ancestors but my God, some of them sounded Irish to me!! And to top it off none of them were remotely intimidating, But I digress. Anyway there were way too many holes in the movie and it lacked Amazingly but Iam no film critic so I advise all to see the movie before commenting.

To all the Boondock Saints fans: You must see this movie, overall it is a bad movie but worth seeing if you are a die hard fan of the first one. But be prepared to be upset, angry, and confused as I was. I will keep this movie in my collection but would like to express my dismay to the people who made this. I have enormous respect for the writers and producers of this movie but guys come on, you could have done 1000x better I know this!! Anyway Im just a college student bored at 3:03am so what do i know? Boondock saints be aware that this does not even compete with the first one but perhaps you may find something you like in it.

Completely different direction from the original

Author: johnnyrocket55 from United States
6 December 2009

I was anxious to see the sequel to one of my favorite movies...And then I was disappointed I had seen the sequel to one of my favorite movies. The direction this movie was taken in seems completely different IMO. The first one had its humor, but it was more "sprinkled" in compared to BDS II. It seemed as though the genre might as well be listed as comedy and leave it at that. The acting was pretty bad, and I'm usually fairly tolerant or don't notice bad acting. Someone else mentioned the transition between scenes was either poorly edited or not edited at all, and I'd have to agree. I was almost wondering if there was some technical difficulty with the projector or something that skipped part of the scene. The jokes were full of stereotypes (which I don't normally have a problem with but there was seemingly nothing else besides that). There seemed to be a lot of pointless or dragged out scenes that really contributed nothing but overacted comedic jokes that contributed very little to the actual story. Another commenter mentioned the first movie's focus was message first and then humor, so if that's why you liked it, you might not like BDS II. Oh and the music was just over the top and annoying, this movie had more music playing than MTV does in a week.

Don't watch this

Author: vetteparty from Netherlands
14 February 2010

I had high expectations, as I very much enjoyed the first movie. I was also very pleased to see the return of the father and his sons as the original actors...so far so good! Were it not that this new movie is almost an exact copy of the 1st one! The characters are not worked out in more depth, the mobsters are simply replaced with new ones, there's a new annoying sidekick in Rocco's place and the gunfights seem to be amped a bit. The very cool agent Willem Dafoe has been replaced by a female FBI agent who acts a bit too tough for her character and has a southern accent that is again, very annoying and distracts from the actual story.

At 2 hours playtime in total I'd recommend that you'll find something else to with your time...ANYTHING else...clean up your house, sleep go out or take a walk.

Page 2 of 19:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]