"Saturday Night Live" Hugh Laurie/Kanye West (2008)

« Prev | 649 of 814 Episodes | Next »

Absolutely incredible.

Author: RamblerReb from United States
9 July 2011

I did not think it possible, but Saturday Night Live has descended to the point where they have actually managed to make Hugh Laurie (the only reason I watched in the first place) unfunny. I found watching this episode so painful that I skipped through any bit that didn't have Laurie in it, and only gave it two stars because of the bit with the two Brooklyn chicks at the beginning when Laurie almost corpses and the sketch with the Christmas letter ghost-written for a dead cat. Other than that, this was another abysmal show. Hateful, hateful, hateful.

When will the pain end? How much longer must the dateless Saturday night viewing public endure this waste of airtime which could be given to so much more deserving fare like "Colonoscopy Week in Review?" When will they admit that this hopeless mess should finally slip mercifully beneath the waves? Ah, well. I suppose we shall have to wait for NBC's bankruptcy or Lorne Micheal's death, whichever comes first. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, don't watch.