Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
- Leonardo's face was based on Russell Crowe
- Raphael's face was based on Clint Eastwood (a scene where Raphael sticks his sai into his belt like a gunslinger is a homage to Eastwood)
- Donatello's face was based on Leonard Nimoy
- Michelangelo's face was based on comedian Bill Murray
- and Splinter's face was based on Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune, who had played various samurai in his career (Splinter even has a chonmage haircut like what Mifune usually wore in his samurai role).
- the Turtles have no snouts
- the Turtles all bear bandage wraps on their shells, arms and legs
- Leonardo and Michelangelo have blue eyes and Raphael has green eyes
- Michelangelo is the shorter of the Turtles
- Donatello is distinctly leaner than his brothers
- and Raphael is the most muscular and scarred, having a cracked shell.
- April discovers the Turtles after they save her from a Foot attack
- Leonardo dices a pizza in mid-air and a slice drops onto Splinter's head
- Splinter recounts the Turtles' history to April
- the Foot Clan make a kidnapping
- and the Turtles face the Shredder on a rooftop for their climactic duel (the Shredder uses a spear at one point, and intervention from a third party leads the Shredder to fall from the building).