IMDb > Streak (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Streak More at IMDbPro »

Moore Talent

Author: Ricky Haas (saahdrahcir) from United States
28 March 2011

Like several other short films made and inspired by Glamour Magazine and Suave, this is targeted to women. Men will watch it because Demi Moore directed it and because of the title, yet it is a bit deceiving. The short isn't simply about hot chicks streaking, it is about stepping out of your comfort zone. The act of streaking represents this.

Brittany Snow's ("Finding Amanda" and NBC's "Harry's Law") character always feels the need to exercise and eat healthy and limited food until she meets Drea, played by Rumer Willis, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter. The film brings to light the issue of trying too hard to be thin. This is brilliantly seen through the characters, story, and subliminal words like "thinner" the camera just so happens to pan over.

Every woman should watch this and every man should watch it not only for their girlfriends but for themselves. "Streak" has something to tell all of us, we might as well listen.

Amazing Short, Great Story (Minor Plot Spoiler)

Author: DiamondP-1 from United States
25 February 2009

I recently downloaded this film from itunes and was truly amazed at how perfectly and honestly the writers and director produced it. The topics and conversations were totally dead on point about the modern young woman and her concerns in life. The friendship sites on the web, blogging and the impersonalization of a person, were showcased here. How two unlikely people to become friends (if they were confined to social circles) met just because of a random encounter. Also, Brittney Snow and Rumer Willis earn bonus points for being able to pull the film away from being a cliché, and the director (Demi Moore). The weight of credit falls on the shoulders of the writers Kelly Fremon and Allen Loeb for showing us just how shallow and self-absorbed Generation Y and especially Gen. Millennium has become.

All in all, I would immediately and wholeheartedly recommend this film to anyone. It captures the changing of times, and how by broadening our world, we've become extremely limited. Also just good for a quick laugh!!! -Enjoy