IMDb > Looper (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Looper

Looper More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 63: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

How Can It Be So Bad?

Author: chernobylpants (chernobylpants@live.com) from Oegstgeest
15 October 2012

I have just saw this movie and in rush to tell anybody that still not seen it please Don't... not only to save money but more important to not make you angry.

How can the Director, the Writer to not use the common sense ?? It will not increase cost. The movie assumes that its audience are stupid enough. All in all it is against common sense and the crews are irresponsible to spend money that way.

How can an old man from somewhere in the future bring tens mob to yhe past with all resources needed arrange everything but failed to kill one person? 2009: LOST MEMORIES was superb. Looper is rubbish.

will leave an indelible bootprint in the forehead of your mind.

Author: Dippy_Awadh from Pakistani Residentual Area
14 October 2012

I am not a big sci-fi fan, but when I do like a sci-fi film it's usually because it has been ordered with extra cheese. To give you a reference point, my favorite sci-fi movies are "Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie", Howard the Duck", and "Masters of the Universe". With this being said "Looper" is probably my new favorite sci-fi movie. Who comes up with the idea for time travel??? So smart, so cool, so subversive...I was completely enthralled every second of it.

. I understand that they didn't have a whole lot of money and it is cheaply made, but they have this ludicrous idea, and then don't end up doing a whole lot with it. They don't have any good actors, which you would probably guess, but it does reach a point where it starts taking itself too seriously, and the cast doesn't have the chops to back it up. You can also tell at points when it's attempting to satirize certain things that it thinks it is being smarter than it actually is.

The soundtrack to Looper was pretty right on as well. It was provided by Laibach. I am not completely familiar with their work, but it fit the movie really well. I am not a huge fan of the CGI background, a la "300", but whatever it's loopy. If you like a hilarious, over the top, sci-fi movie then check out "Looper"!!! HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Sci-Fi or not, I draw the line at firing a gun at a child

Author: yourwarmembrace from United States
14 October 2012

I wasn't the only one to scoff at this scene but I probably was the only one to walk out. Being that there was to be at least one other instance of this, I had no choice. I have a problem with shoot 'em up bang-bang films to begin with. Death and destruction are just not entertaining to me. Not that I watch the news but how about Hollywood giving us something that the public can't see 3x a day on television. And exactly which one is feeding the other? I wasn't always this sensitive but I'm wise enough now to see what's wrong - and that is clearly THE MEDIA. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a great actor and he's very easy on the eyes. Making him up to look like a younger Bruce Willis, however, wasn't so easy to watch. As far as overall plot, this one is a predictable/ "Have I seen this before?" snoozer.

Plot less film made in plot less way for plot less reasons.

Author: trulyjewelly from Somerset
15 October 2012

The problem here is the script and overall way of telling the story, because the idea of filming point blank executions of so many individual people close up and personal is too gross to handle. The director has no idea how to make a film watchable. He just causes stress which spoils the good bits, and in fact he makes me wonder if he's a freak who needs an outlet for his sadism. I liked two things about the whole film, and for their visual aesthetic only. Frankly, I felt so disturbed by the idea of this being on general release and that I had seen it that I wished I hadn't gone to see it - and the strange fact that people have given it good reviews on IMDb makes me wonder if EVERYBODY is desensitized to extreme violence and I am the only one who knows that you don't have to kill and maim to make things exciting and fun...

Looper – Good concept, Bad script

Author: Rishikar Krishna from India
12 October 2012

This movies starts as a good sci-fi entertainer, then quickly turns into a romantic, save me mummy, remorse story. What happened!

Let's look at the story – Yr. 20xx, disposing anyone's body in future is almost impossible. But Mafia will do what they need to do so they send the trouble makers back in the past e.g. John is a naughty man in 2075 so mob sends him back to 2045 to be executed, simple!

Considering from the present, future is just a possibility, so even if you get rid of someone from the future that man (only men do dirty things, the movie didn't show any mischievous ladies getting killed) may grow up from the past to have the exact same life. Hmm…this will get you thinking.

Also how come a guy who kills for a living suddenly has a cry baby heart and goes out to protect people? He suddenly notices the innocence of life…what was he blind B4!

In short it's a movie fit for Bollywood, senseless & random.

Brainless and moronic, it tries to do many things and fails fundamentally at them all.

Author: Brian Tucker from United States
7 October 2012

This film is seriously just bad. At first you're drawn in, the concept threatens to become fascinating; but it simply tumbles into an abysmal joke of a movie that ends with a disgusting cliché. You seriously have to check your brain at the door to even remotely enjoy this film. How it has carried an 8.2 rating here baffles me. Source Code it is not, Inception it is not, Terminator it is not. I really worry about the future of science fiction considering how well this abomination has done. Someone had the gall to call this movie this generations Matrix. Apparently this generation is drastically dumber than mine was! Time travel is a tricky thing to deal with. Taking the approach that since it's complex you're not even going to attempt to form continuity as this film does is NOT the way to deal with that complexity.

Loopin the Loop

Author: wes-139 from United Kingdom
4 October 2012

What's the all-purpose standby time-travel plot? Yeah - guys getting sent back from the future to assassinate someone and alter future history. "Looper" comes up with an alternative: guys from the future getting sent back to be assassinated by regular schmoes in the present. Brilliant, only maybe they didn't quite think it through, and half way (I'm not spoiling anything here am I?) they revert to plan A - one of the guys from the future who's evaded his assassin (it's his younger self so he remembers it's gonna work) decides to bump off some kid who's going to grow up to be Mr Nasty in the future. Not a heartwarming little angel kid of course, that wouldn't be right, not even one of those cynical wise-ass sort of kids either, people love them too. What other sorts of kids are there? Oh yes, malevolent psycho kids with satanic powers - that's our plot! Remember the first time you saw Star Wars? It'll be like that, only more confusing. And probably less sequels.

Disappointing

Author: alon-tal from Israel
4 October 2012

This is the first time I am rating a movie with 1 star.

I went to see this movie without any special expectations and was extremely disappointed. I wouldn't say much if the movie had several simple (and expected) logical bug that are common in this kind of movie, ... this movie however is way way below acceptable.

An extremely stupid story, not even remotely plausible, with extremely unnecessary stupid decisions made by the characters, weird movie moments and of course many many logical faults.

This is an insult to our intelligence, I do hope no films like this will be made again.

Dull and pedantic sleeping pill.

Author: romouele from United Kingdom
30 September 2012

The premise of the movie sounds great murder isn't possible in the future so they have to have people do it in the past, great idea, with several problems, firstly why transport a person through time and not a slip of paper with their name, you could then erase them from the time line and thus prevent the need to try and kill them, no bother of disposing of a body from the future, no problem with someone finding the motive because It doesn't exists yet. Even if you accept that there could be consequences you couldn't foresee why not kill the people and send them back for disposal. The plot of this movie just isn't as good as it seemed on paper, once you look beneath the surface it looks a little weak. You have the standard problem of time travel, the very act changes the future so that it isn't needed, by going back in time you change events so you never go back in time, and hey presto movie paradox.

Apart from this the movie just seems dull, it starts to heat up, with some great and clever scenes but then it dies just as quickly and leaves the audience unengaged, an little over an hour into it and people are looking at their watches wondering how much more they need to watch, I think a little of this has been from the marketing, it's being shown to be more action orientated than it is, more complex than it is and just more than it is. Some of the touches in the movie are good, the solar cells used to power just about everything is a nice touch and a nod to the coming fuel crisis, but these little touches cannot cover up the gaping holes in the movie, I wanted this movie to be good because it had everything it needed, unfortunately it didn't come out as it could have.

What the hell !!!

Author: kevbrookland from uk
28 September 2012

Why what the hell !!!!after reading all of the other previews did you all see the same film !!!!!!Trust me ! this film is rubbish in fact sifting through rubbish would be more interesting, it really was a very poor, a used condom has more life .It would seem all of the biggest guns in the film world gun shed, were brought out on show in this epic pile of nasty, I would have been more than happy to use one just to shoot the tiny rainmaker just to end it all... Apparently young Joe had to wear a false nose in the film to look like old Joe . Just wish that I had use of the Hollywood prosthetics's team as not to be recognized as I left the cinema !