IMDb > "Valentine" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Valentine"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Valentine" More at IMDbPro »

We need this kind of TV

Author: MzW76 from United States
23 November 2008

This show has been a guilty pleasure of mine for the past few weeks, and I have really enjoyed it. It's sweet and romantic, and celebrates the gooey, chocolate covered center of life.

Tonight I had the choice of watching 24 and the horrific reality of child soldiers in Africa, or Valentine, where the Greek gods help two best friends realize they are soul mates. Hmm, which did I pick? Let me think about it... Got it. Valentine won, hands down.

Cheesy? Absolutely. Fun. Totally. Eye-rolling romantic? Duh. But that's what made it a great escapist hour of TV.

The world is realistic enough without seeking out Television that does nothing but recreate the awful things people are doing to each other. I just have to read the paper or watch 60 minutes to learn about all the senseless violence and murder in the world.

I like Valentine because it dwells in the possibility of love, and I can forget reality for a while. While 'realism' is the in thing right now, shows like Valentine that exist to entertain are becoming to rare a thing. I hope the CW and MRC will give it a chance to grow, because they are offering something other networks aren't: a cheesy, romantic mush ball of TV bliss.

Surprisingly decent!

Author: bigska from Canada
10 November 2008

I decided to watch the first episode on a whim.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it!

It's nothing fancy, but it's definitely better than I thought it would be! The story blends together two plots: A new couple each week that the main characters must try to help fall in love, as well as an ongoing plot of typical main character development and whatnot. Simple concept, and fun to watch.

Of course, I'm sure the show isn't quite accurate in their telling of Greek mythology, but if that doesn't concern you, and you like romantic stories, then this is for you!