IMDb > Three Days with the Family (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Tres dies amb la família

Three Days with the Family More at IMDbPro »Tres dies amb la família (original title)

My family and me

Author: gardieca (gardieca@jcyl.es) from Spain
5 July 2009

One of the most celebrated films at the Spanish Film Festival of Malaga, Three days with the family is about the relation between three brothers and one sister, with their wifes and sons, whose father has just died. They don't see each other often, and their different opinions about common problems soon become a problem itself. The cousins, gorgeously depicted, also have to spend two days together, they know each other well, and still have things in common, like they did when they were younger. Nevertheless, their characters are very different, and their ideas about life, family, too. The plot may seem not very original, but the film is. The supporting roles are brilliant, the emotions are revealed through the eyes, through the silence. In less than twenty minutes, you feel involved with these typical catalan family, and really interested in what's coming after.

Hopeless.

Author: David Traversa from Argentina
18 October 2011

I just read the previous review (the only one) and feel devastated, because mine will be the opposite to that one. Two worlds apart, two points of view totally different.

I rented this movie out of nostalgia for the Catalán language, since living in Argentina there's no way I could listen to this language at any place (I listen to Catalunya radio on the Internet, but an actual living person speaking Catalán..., forget it!).

After a couple of minutes watching this film I noticed something vaguely familiar with it... Of course! I had rented this film a while back and obviously for the same reason!!!

And remembering more clearly now, for the same reason I stopped watching it after 15 or 20 minutes.

It's unbearable. It's unwatchable. It's worse than hitting your own mother.

The script lacks whatsoever redeeming qualities it could have had, it's a total loss.

The dialogs are simplistic to the point of bordering on idiocy.

The protagonist must be the daughter of the producer, because I never saw an actress less charismatic than her in my whole life and I hope that after completing her part in this film she entered a convent (de clausura).

Even the robot in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" had more charm than this actress (and a better figure too). What else..., well, nothing actually. This film is hopeless.