Doraemon the Movie: The New Records of Nobita's Spaceblazer More at IMDbPro »Eiga doraemon: Shin. Nobita no uchû kaitakushi (original title)

Not just in space

Author: Eric Stevenson from United States
30 May 2017

It's weird how the poster shows Nobita and Doraemon in cowboy hats, when this has nothing to do with that. This gets a little confusing at first with how we can't tell whether or now what we're seeing is Nobita's dream or not. This is actually pretty unique for a Doraemon film. We actually get a really clear cut villain in it. I admit that it does get silly at times. Alright, I guess an anime about a cat robot is going to be like that, but I mean more so than usual. The characters in this look like members of Team Galaxy. It's just something with those green haircuts.

It was pretty cool to see Nobita and Doraemon use their light weight to fight the villains. Well, they did have these guns, so I guess that's kind of like a cowboy, right? I'm proud to be the first person to review these films. I'm just that much into other cultures. I saw two of these films pretty close together. I guess the animation doesn't look that impressive anymore with its improvements but it's still very nice. It is kind of weird how it tries to be more serious, especially near the end. It's still good. ***