IMDb > "The Wendy Williams Show" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Wendy Williams Show" More at IMDbPro »

Not Good

Author: GoogleSaturn from United States
6 May 2011

I can't understand how this mindlessness still airs. I will admit, I very much enjoyed her on the radio, but TV just isn't for Wendy. All her antics seem contrived to get attention. The set is tacky and her guest are mostly "B-Listers." She has an occasional "A-Lister" on here but that takes a miracle. Do we really need another wag on TV? I understand she's trying to be fun and light, but can you be entertaining? Wendy has been in entertainment for about 25 years and can't read from a teleprompter? That can be overlooked your first month or so, but it's three years later. Her style worked on radio but does not translate well on TV.

How you Doin?

Author: colunga13 from United States
31 August 2009

I love the "Wendy Williams Show" because she's funny, she's entertaining and she gives great advice.

She's funny because while she gives us the "scoop" of the day and she always adds some pretty good jokes. She makes the audience laugh and enjoy themselves making them comfortable.She lets the audience give their opinion on subjects she talks about She always gives great advice with the "Ask Wendy" segment where she goes tot he audience and she gives advice..pretty good advice too.

And I always love it when the audience tries to do her "How you doin?" thing then she does it right back.

I don't know why people are rating this show only 2 1/2 stars..this show is great! Absolutely love it! Definitely looking forward to more "How you Doin?" GO WENDY!

How You Doin? Not so well!

Author: Newsense from United States
26 August 2009

Shows like this are exactly why I don't watch TV much. Why would anybody give Wendy Williams her own show? What psychotic freak thought this was a good idea. If you are not hip to who Wendy Williams is, she was a famous radio personality whose only claim to fame was spreading gossip on celebrities(mostly in the music industry). She found a fan base in the complete and utter morons from New Jersey and New York and has been the in thing ever since. Since then she has slammed by every rapper from the late Tupac Shakur(who bagged on her in the song called Why U Turn On Me) to Method Man of Wu Tang Clan and 50 Cent. The incident where she mentioned the health of Method Man's wife and he threatened to thump her into the ground is when people from Up North started to say maybe she isn't cool after all(she was never cool to begin with!). The show is basically her gossip column, what to wear, cooking recipes and interviews with celebrities. Thats it. There is no depth to her character, her coarse voice is annoying and she has the same lousy habit that Tyra Banks has with the constant talking about herself when interviewing guests. Most of the questions she asks her guests wouldn't be out of place on TMZ. Yeah, they are THAT thickheaded. She was obviously given her own show to keep the masses stupid. I watched half of a couple of episodes of this crud. Why half you say? Because her show is too boring to watch straight through. If you are in need of something better than a sleeping pill then watch this show. If you are looking to be entertained then you've definitely came to the wrong place. Even if you watched shows like this for entertainment reasons you will be bored out of your skull. I recommend steering clear of the garbage show though.

PS: Am I the only one who thinks she has the cheesiest theme show music ever?

The gossip industry full front

Author: rondaheart5
5 July 2014

I don't trust people that like Wendy Williams on a personal level. Her values are conservative, so she makes jabs at people based off her shallow world view. She gossips with people like Perez Hilton, Hollywood's other stalker. Wendy can be fun to watch because she's messy and that's what people like out of gossip shows. They want clowns like her and mess queens because clowns and a-holes is what drives the gossip industry. Her talent is running her mouth and being arrogant telling other women what they are capable and not capable of. Just because she sits and talks about people she's high jury in her head, but that's what keeps her show going and the gossip industry alive. I can see watching it for entertainment, but she's awful and people that take her show seriously aka Wendy stans/fans are just as messy as her and are in the line up for stunt queening and telling everybody business.

Love love LOVE Wendy!

Author: Yellow Power from United States
11 May 2014

Anyone who complains that the Wendy Show is mind-numbing should stick to the discovery channel. There is no learning involved in day-time television and she never promised to help people with their homework. This show is about fun, laughter, and starting your day off with a smile! Wendy is a down-to-earth friend to her fans. Shes sits and chats with us like we are in a circle of housewives meeting for our daily dose of rumors, clothes, hair and average girl stuff! What more could a viewer ask for? No one wants to discuss the stock market or foreign affairs (unless a foreigner is having an affair with a celeb). Get real!

My Favorite Guilty Pleasure

Author: larry-cohen-506-866608 from Nashville Tn
30 June 2013

I have to want the Wendy Williams show daily to get my fix. I love hot topics, many of the guest, and most of all the interaction with the audience. She never fails to "make my day" However in Nashville market she is on form 11-12am and on one of the local station at an even worse time at 4am to 5am.

Yes she can be cheesy, but it part of the reason fans relate to her.

As for her famous saying "How you doing" My catch phrase would be "FABULUS" after watching the show.

I love the panel discussion when she has 3 others to react to questions concerning events. I also love the fact that even people she reports stuff on that are not so glowing, she often has these people to defend what is going on. I love that she is very gay positive and does not shy away from that topic, and guest who are gay are treated with respect

Mindless Entertainment

Author: dtkoziol from United States
3 November 2012

Reading the other reviews on this show, one would think that every television talk show is like a PBS fundraiser or a telethon to help disaster victims. Personally, I think that serious shows need to be mixed with fun and a little guilty pleasure, and The Wendy William's Show does that.

'Wendy' is not a polished program, but I do enjoy it when it's on. Wendy Williams doesn't take herself too seriously (are you listening Oprah, Leno, Ellen, and Letterman) and her show is really just a gossip column on television. If you hate reading tabloid articles, obviously don't watch this show.

Also, on a personal note, I like that she speaks her mind about celebrities, as in when someone does something idiotic in the news, she calls them out on it and makes no excuses for her words. If there is one thing I can't stand it is talk show hosts that are overly nice to every celebrity because they want bookings and better ratings.

Wendy won't win an Emmy but she might just win your attention.