IMDb > "The Wendy Williams Show" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Wendy Williams Show"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"The Wendy Williams Show" More at IMDbPro »

Wendy Williams Couldn't Handle the Truth!

Author: cehsr-1 from United States
28 January 2015

A close relative watches Wendy from time to time and I can't believe the trash and B' sided garbage that Wendy talks about on National TV. First of all revealing personal private information and cultivating gossip about celebrities and other human beings has seemingly become "hot topics". If Wendy was the victim of such gossip with her twisted insulting opinions, Wendy couldn't handle it. The rumors about her God given Gender, her resemblance to Rupaul, her fake Boobs, fake hair, her denial of a button nose job and claim that she has no false teeth, etc, etc. cause one to question the truth in all this. In other words, where is the real Wendy? Will the real Wendy Williams please step forward? After 1000 episodes Wendy is still challenged to read from a teleprompter and to pronounce the names of Celebs properly!! And then she often gets the facts confused or sometimes associates the wrong persons. These are facts that can be noted on any given segment. Wendy is Judgemental and often harsh as if she or anyone is perfect. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

How You Doin? Not so well!

Author: Newsense from United States
26 August 2009

Shows like this are exactly why I don't watch TV much. Why would anybody give Wendy Williams her own show? What psychotic freak thought this was a good idea. If you are not hip to who Wendy Williams is, she was a famous radio personality whose only claim to fame was spreading gossip on celebrities(mostly in the music industry). She found a fan base in the complete and utter morons from New Jersey and New York and has been the in thing ever since. Since then she has slammed by every rapper from the late Tupac Shakur(who bagged on her in the song called Why U Turn On Me) to Method Man of Wu Tang Clan and 50 Cent. The incident where she mentioned the health of Method Man's wife and he threatened to thump her into the ground is when people from Up North started to say maybe she isn't cool after all(she was never cool to begin with!). The show is basically her gossip column, what to wear, cooking recipes and interviews with celebrities. Thats it. There is no depth to her character, her coarse voice is annoying and she has the same lousy habit that Tyra Banks has with the constant talking about herself when interviewing guests. Most of the questions she asks her guests wouldn't be out of place on TMZ. Yeah, they are THAT thickheaded. She was obviously given her own show to keep the masses stupid. I watched half of a couple of episodes of this crud. Why half you say? Because her show is too boring to watch straight through. If you are in need of something better than a sleeping pill then watch this show. If you are looking to be entertained then you've definitely came to the wrong place. Even if you watched shows like this for entertainment reasons you will be bored out of your skull. I recommend steering clear of the garbage show though.

PS: Am I the only one who thinks she has the cheesiest theme show music ever?

Not Good

Author: GoogleSaturn from United States
6 May 2011

I can't understand how this mindlessness still airs. I will admit, I very much enjoyed her on the radio, but TV just isn't for Wendy. All her antics seem contrived to get attention. The set is tacky and her guest are mostly "B-Listers." She has an occasional "A-Lister" on here but that takes a miracle. Do we really need another wag on TV? I understand she's trying to be fun and light, but can you be entertaining? Wendy has been in entertainment for about 25 years and can't read from a teleprompter? That can be overlooked your first month or so, but it's three years later. Her style worked on radio but does not translate well on TV.

Brief Love Affair is Over

Author: Daphne Duquesne from United States
14 December 2015

I stumbled onto Wendy's show earlier this year and was immediately attracted to Hot Topics. Truthfully, I'm a woman of a certain age, who's not into rap music and doesn't know half of the celebrities Wendy talks about. However, there were enough people whom I knew--e.g., JLo, Beyonce, Charlize, Sandra B, Charlie Sheen--that I enjoyed the scuttlebutt. And I learned about some younger/newer celebs of whom I'd never heard, like what's her name. (LOL!) While I always sensed some cattiness in Wendy's discussion of celebs, I found her self-deprecating humor and honesty about her personal life refreshing. For example, she often refers to her show as "stupid"; she pokes fun at the size of her boobs (which, frankly, are monstrous and distracting, but to each her own); she admits that she has struggled with drugs in the past; she talks about her nervousness every time her show starts; she claims to be afraid of tripping in high heels on stage; and she talks about being a foodie who gradually started eating healthfully and losing a lot of weight. So in many ways, she seemed down-to-earth, flawed and relatable, and I overlooked the meanness underlying some of her remarks. I liked her enough that I even flirted with the idea of ordering tickets to join her studio audience and going to her sit-down show.

But now I cannot watch her. In one stunning segment in which she likened Hillary Clinton to that devil incarnate, Donald Trump, I realized that Wendy is a liar. Full stop. No difference between Hillary and Trump? Wendy must have some nefarious motivation for telling that colossal lie to the world. What could it be? Perhaps, she's a shill for Fox and Rupert Murdoch, since they butter her bread. Money makes some unprincipled people say/do anything.

In the end, I cannot watch a pawn for Rupert's evil empire. What annoys me the most is that Fox is making a fortune off of shows that star black entertainers. Ordinarily, I would celebrate the hiring of people of color. But Fox's so-called "news" networks promote policies that are harmful and hateful towards people of color. Once Wendy--who is no dummy even though she plays one on TV--began advancing Rupert's political agenda by trying to influence the outcome of our presidential election, I could no longer bear to watch her show. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

It has become a very irritating show to watch.

Author: maroru7577 from Seattle
14 February 2015

I like Wendy Williams,but i can not watch the show anymore. I don't know exactly since when, but Wendy has become somehow very irritating to watch with all the mistakes she does on air. I understand that part of her appeal is that she is messy and that she says one thing meaning the other...I totally get that. But i can not wrap my head around that she makes huge mistakes and nobody corrects her.One thing is pulling notes from under her wig or having lipstick on her teeth and other is not even know how to say the name of one of your guest that is about to be seated in your couch next to you .Her ignorance in some subjects is beyond believe for someone who works on TV. She as a former radio host does not know anyone who is not either a black actor/actress or a rapper. She is constantly misinform,therefore says the wrong things. There are two producers standing on the side of the stage who you would think would help her get the right info and pass it along a note about it,but not.They seem to be there just to laugh along whatever she says.What are they for,anyway?. She is very disrespectful by pronouncing the wrong way names and places, thinking that it's funny. It is not. She seems to ride the ignorance horse very proudly thinking that she's being cute and funny. No, Ignorance is never funny nor cute. And if you wonder why she never has A-listers...there you have it.

How you doin

Author: krparrish
19 July 2016

I was a Wendy watcher up until recently when social media compared Wendy to Stacy Dash and that Wendy was going to end up having an all white audience in a short period of time...WELL! I think she has gone to the other side of the spectrum using her platform to get her political views heard and to try to persuade her weak followers. Talk about racist comments lately. I cannot believe she is getting a new season. I always thought that she would be educated enough and professional to stay neutral to bring light to both sides of issues and topics. No more Wendy for me. She has just gone too far and how she gets to keep her show is unbelievable! I hope sweet Suzanne finds a new "gig" soon. She deserves so much better. Go Trump!!

Can't believe this world has gotten so low, Wendy W. is on network TV.

Author: sharpestaffing
22 October 2016

Wendy is so full of herself and is she a transgender or what? I agree with Nene Leekes Wendy simply "spews hate" It's so sad that Oprah's on cable. Wendy's show is not enlightening, uplifting; she is obnoxious, self-centered, selfish, and so full of herself. But generally speaking I keep a distance from people who watch content that sensationalizes the pain and disappointments of others. She learned nothing from Oprah. I dare even mention the queen's name in the same sentence with Wendy. She is so arrogant, and vicious. Who wants to hear news that hurts and destroys human beings lives. How would you feel if you had to break up with someone? Imagine that break-up plastered across national television with an uneducated, vicious, obnoxious, self-important, malicious, old played out giraffe goon getting her kicks out of your pain?

This is the worst Day Time Talk show on TV without a doubt.

Author: Dave Bohr from United States
23 May 2017

I realize that celebrity gossip isn't my favorite niche, but there are dozens of shows that cover this that don't absolutely suck. This is seriously so hard to watch. Not only is "Wendy" a stuck up, egotistic, superficial, loud-mouthed, Double FF faked boobed bimbo, but she lacks talent. Someone would have to seriously pay me a hefty weekly salary to sit through episodes of this TV show.

I'm shocked this show lasted more than 1 season. I'm also shocked this show has a 3.2 rating on IMDb, how in the hell did she get such a high rating?? I expected something closer to the 0.7-1.2 range.

The gossip industry full front

Author: rondaheart5
5 July 2014

I don't trust people that like Wendy Williams on a personal level. Her values are conservative, so she makes jabs at people based off her shallow world view. She gossips with people like Perez Hilton, Hollywood's other stalker. Wendy can be fun to watch because she's messy and that's what people like out of gossip shows. They want clowns like her and mess queens because clowns and a-holes is what drives the gossip industry. Her talent is running her mouth and being arrogant telling other women what they are capable and not capable of. Just because she sits and talks about people she's high jury in her head, but that's what keeps her show going and the gossip industry alive. I can see watching it for entertainment, but she's awful and people that take her show seriously aka Wendy stans/fans are just as messy as her and are in the line up for stunt queening and telling everybody business.

Like the guilty pleasure of picking up a gossip rag in the grocery store checkout line

Author: icyharris-539-169904
31 October 2014

You know how you're in the grocery store and either you're just bored or there's a shocking headline on the front cover of a celebrity magazine, you just gravitate toward it and thumb through the pages? Then, you put it back and figure, "How did I get sucked into this stuff? I have got to stop reading these celebrity mags." That's how Wendy Williams is. The difference is that, while she dishes on fellow celebs like TMZ, Perez Hilton and Radar Online, I don't think she does it in a mean spirited way. I feel like whatever she says on the show, she has no problem with saying to her target's face. She's sometimes on point with the advice she gives to celebs in trouble.

She also respects her guests by not pressing harder than they are comfortable sharing. I'm always surprised who comes on, like Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, and Anderson Cooper, considering it's basically a gossip show. Underneath the treading carefully in what she says to appease a wide demographic, is a fairly conservative family woman. I also watch it to see what outfit she's going to wear next. She somehow manages to be sassy, but sophisticated and dresses appropriately for her age. I decided to read up on her and you can see that her formal education in communications shows. Maybe it's just that there is a very prominent person co-hosting another daytime talk show who is just ghetto in comparison, so, to me, Wendy shows us how it's supposed to be done.