IMDb > Death Racers (2008) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Death Racers (V) More at IMDbPro »

Redefines the word Terrible

Author: jts0405 from United States
28 November 2008

I didn't want to see Death Racers in the first place, but because I am a casual wrestling fan and do like Raven as a wrestler, I decided to check this out. Well what more can I say? From start to finish the movie really spits out new curse words that you have never heard and probably will never hear again. The killing goes a little overboard with almost every character being chopped up for about thirty seconds. The whole design of the entire movie was to try and make it look like a movie that was scratched up. You will mostly notice because most of Raven's dialog was repeated like a broken record and some of the killing sequences were shown over several times. The dialog was ridiculous, the plot as even more ridiculous and the actors were extremely terrible. The scene with the robotic guy and that blonde girl was worth a huge laugh, but I don't want to give anything away if you plan on seeing this, plus I don't think I would be allowed to write it on here anyway. So if you really have nothing to do look at wall, but if you really really have nothing to do then watch Death Racers

Worst film ever made

Author: polysicsarebest from IN
30 November 2008

Absolutely nothing good whatsoever about this film. I don't even see how a hardcore "juggalo" (which I honestly didn't know still existed) could enjoy this crap.

Filled with a terrible soundtrack that reloops the same awful ICP songs a thousand times, sickening DV color scheme, absolutely nothing funny, no good gore or killing scenes, the worst plot in the history of film, terrible amateur actors... there's absolutely nothing to like. You know you're in trouble when the cleverest part of the movie is the word "vaginamite".

Also, for those wondering how Raven's performance is, well... it's probably just as good as the acting he had to do in his professional wrestling career. So, take that for what it's worth.

Waste of time

Author: jbsmth from Hollywood, CA
23 February 2009

I watched this movie with the expectation that it would be a bad movie that was at least fun to watch. How wrong I was. This has to be the worst movie I have ever had the displeasure to sit through. I cannot think of a single aspect of this film that is not absolutely horrible. It plays like a 10-year-old with a new video camera got some friends together and asked them to improvise being macho. I can't even believe there was a script involved. If you watch this movie, you will regret that you wasted 90 minutes of your life that you will never get back. If you want to see a movie so bad that it's actually amusing, try Death Race 2000, with David Carradine. At least that film is laughable, not excruciatingly painful to watch. I find that I am angry at myself for sitting through the entire thing. Please do yourself a favor and miss this one completely.

Excuse me, a "B" movie? No fricking way....

Author: mellowliving from United States
24 March 2013

I am astounded on some of the reviews here claiming this is a B movie. This is a movie that you show to a class of students who want to learn how to make a movie and point and say, "this is the wrong way". And I've thought I've seen some horrible movies on the syfy channel. This actually manages to go a step below that spectrum. The acting is off the charts south and the dialogue is even further down there. The story is pretty dumb but I have seen worst in that department.

But you wanna know what gives this movie that little bit of extra crap that truly makes it extraordinarily bad? It is the editing and the cinematography. Almost every kill scene is looped over and over again without relief. And randomly, a mundane scene where an "actor" talks or does some kind of motion also loops. Why? It adds nothing to the movie and only frustrates you. And they will zoom in at like 10x on some scenes or use some gimmicky trick. You can tell they found these gimmicky tools on whatever program they were using to edit the movie and said"oh yea man that's crazy lets throw that in somewhere". The soundtrack is pretty crappy but then again I never cared for ICP. It feels forced on you, they introduce it and remove it quickly and abruptly.

It is obvious this movie was done lazily. Poor editing, poor acting, poor dialogue, etc. It looks like they only did one take on every single scene and didn't bother even trying to make a decent movie. Well when you put in nothing you get nothing. The only honest thing I can say I liked about the whole movie was one scene with the android dude and the chick. And that's it.

Oh, and you know what surprised the hell out of me? This movie was on SHOWTIME!?!?! I thought showtime was a premium competitor to HBO, why, who got this movie on there? What??

So awful it gave me a headache

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
13 September 2012

Most Asylum movies are awful, but there is something compulsively watchable about them. Even for The Asylum though Death Racers was just a piece of rubbish. Visually, Death Racers was so slapdash that it not only gave me a headache but also made me dizzy. The colour scheme is nauseating, the editing is so choppy to the point that it's incoherent and the special effects look as though they only cost less than £5 to make. The soundtrack is annoyingly repetitive not just in the use of it but also the composition, and overall considering that I've never liked the style I just found it grating to listen to. Death Racers is appallingly written, I have not heard such atrocious dialogue in a long while, even for Steve the Hammer, while the story consists of predictable plotting, rushed pacing and very clumsily choreographed action sequences and you don't learn anything or care about the characters. The acting is also dire. Overall, a really awful film with no redeeming qualities even for The Asylum. 1/10 Bethany Cox

Love Asylum films but this is crap

Author: joel_exc
26 July 2012

A Haunting In Winchester County was a good Asylum movie. Death Racers however is complete crap. I love Insane Clown Possee but their efforts are wasted here. TERRIBLE direction. AWFUL script. NO CARS!!!! Why do I keep buying these bloody dvds? Great idea for a movie. NO CRASHES & NO CORPSES Just sit and think about how good this film COULD be rather than buying it! Not even worth the pound I paid for it... STOP READING NOW. Why does Internet Movie Database INSIST on Ten Lines per review? It is daft. To be honest i am just filling up the lines with GIBBERISH now. Fun seven fish cushion. He went back to the house and harrowing tool plus will idealisation identified the little objects.

Horrible Movie!

Author: jacob-mccormick from United States
20 April 2013

This is quite possibly the worst movie ever made. Ever! It's worse than films that are considered the worst of all time. I encourage people to see it for a good laugh at an example of how not to make a movie. This Movie Is Completely Awful! In one way, not worth the time to watch. In another way, it's fun to see such a bad movie. In the beginning a man steps on a mouse and kills it, you almost see the poor thing explode. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see an animal being killed in that gruesome way. The film quality is horrendous, too! It looks like the budget was $5. The colors are dull, the lines are corny and the everything about the film makes it the worst movie ever made.

horrific athe way around

Author: dave smith from United States
4 October 2012

Let me start out by saying wow! This movie is SO poorly done I can't even dream up something positive to say about this atrocious pile of garbage. Although, I did only catch the last 45 mins or so of this....movie? I haven't read all the reviews posted but the third one says something to the effect that they liked it or something and no they aren't on drugs but I am on drugs and yet I still find this film impossible to enjoy. I suppose maybe because it's killing my buzz. I truly didn't believe a film as poorly done as this was even possible welp!, I'm now a believer. We've all seen really bad movies but, it's as if all parties involved intentionally tried, no, not tried but gave it their all to make what some of us have had the unfortunate experience of witnessing. I didn't laugh once I simply tried to make myself as comfortable on the couch as possible cause get ready first time viewers it's gonna be painful. The dialog is akin to listening to a bunch of high school dudes hangin out after football practice. The acting is also a complete debacle and I may be giving the folks appearing in film too much credit simply stating how poor the acting is. Finally we have the music as most other reviews stated the ICP song just loops and loops and loops. Yes, I do agree with anyone else that found it terribly annoying. I feel embarrassed for these people who actually dared to appear in the film. This flick absolutely sinks to a new low and not only does it sink like a lead balloon it completely obliterates anything in the category of pure crap! I could go on and on and I have to some degree but I just had to vent my frustrations. If you think you're going to be as annoyed as I was this is a must skip. If you insist on watching it because like myself I sometimes catch myself saying how bad can it be? Go dunk your head in a toilet!

Am i alright???

Author: Sajid Khan from Bangladesh
7 May 2011

The first thing i wanna know is... can i give any film a "0"? I am finding it hard to give this one even a 1 rating point. I wanna get hanged at this point, probably the worst 90 or so minutes of my life. I have seen bad movies in past but never imagined something to be this much painful. What i wanna say about those clowns and the "Vaginamyte" is... leave us alone, please... i beg you. My suggestion would me, "Save yourself and do the world a favor by not going within a mile of a DVD store which contains a copy of DEATH RACERS". I understand that its a B class movie, but even then there are some standard over there too, the director, editor, script writer and most of all those actors should realize this straight reality.

you must like diary of a cannibal as well!!! u don't know movies boy o

Author: thehobo_86 from Australia
27 May 2009

I rented this film and so far the first 30 minutes has been terrible, i mean, holy s#@t! The editor, director and actors are so bad, i thought i was going to get cancer from just watching this movie, it's one of those films that you need to fast forward through to see if there's any good bits, and then realize that the price of rental is the same price you pay to get executed in Korea!!!! And so i gave this a 1 out of 10. i don't have anything else to say, so DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, TRUST!! for the love of god!!!!!!

P.S. the insane clown posse would be better off doing a movie where the writers aren't retarded or drunks.

thank you, and be safe.