IMDb > Hillary: The Movie (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hillary: The Movie More at IMDbPro »

Character Assassination and Propaganda!

Author: njmollo from London
3 July 2009

I have no particular liking of Hillary Clinton but this movie is an extremely biased, cynical and politically motivated assassination of her character.

There is little pretence at objectivity or moderation. Simply talking heads spout insults with no other motivation than dislike.

Surely having Ann Coulter, someone of dubious morals, attack Hillary for dubious morals is extremely dubious.

This about sums up the appalling agenda of this movie. Being from the UK, I am not sure that such ill-informed propaganda would be allowed.

Now that Hillary has failed to make the top spot this shameful exercise in slander should disappear .

Hillary Clinton deserves a true character study and hopefully one day some real filmmakers will devote some time to making one.

Decent material/Extreme

Author: conservative-40-93587 from United States
29 April 2011

I enjoyed the material they uncovered in this movie and felt like it was professionally produced. Only being critical I did not like how boldly negative it was. It's as if the ideas were being built to directly influence a conservative base. In relation to the conservative ideas of life we need to look at the big picture and then why it makes us happy to call ourself a conservative. If there is one thing I dislike about being a conservative in America today it's the way people compare you to the others with more radical views than your own. While the movie is worth a watch I just felt like they good have shown a little more of the other side of things.

Obscene handling of subject matter

Author: ziplok35 from Los Angeles
29 December 2011

First, a disclaimer...I mixed this piece of tripe that resulted in the horrific "Citizen's United" ruling by the Supreme Court. This is a "mea culpa". I am sorry I ever had anything to do with this. I can only imagine how the rest of the crew felt. A gig is a gig, but I should have walked out on this one. Most of my work has been in child and adult animation (Clifford The Big Red Dog, Family Guy, and everything in between).

While the production value was high (good picture, good sound)) I can't get past the script and the commentators. It was a train wreck. I only discovered the true intention months later. The true intention was political.

Please do not watch this film. It has no redeeming value at all except as a model for a "hatchet job". I felt compelled to write this review (my only review of any work I've ever done) as an opportunity to let other film makers know...there are things you should turn down. I will never be involved in another film that assassinated the title character so mercilessly and without warrant. Please try to separate the crew from the subject matter, if that is possible.

Surprising and even scary

Author: thesiouxfallskid from United States
26 March 2009

I almost passed on the opportunity to watch this. I was not impressed with what I read of those behind the film and expected a poorly constructed and poorly documented hatchet job. I was surprised. It did give a very unflattering view of Hillary, but it was very carefully organized and well presented. Seeing and hearing from people who had been close to or involved with her in some way had much better substance than anything I have read. Excellent archived footage. I find disconcerting that there have been efforts restrict the dissemination of this film, but the really scary part is that this person might have become the 44th president of the United States. Not surprising is that most of the user ratings so far have been either 10s or 1s. This sort of documentary tends to get rated based more on whether or not one likes the subject of the documentary than on the merits of the documentary itself. I think it is well enough done as a documentary that it will significantly contribute to how future generations will view Hillary Clinton.