IMDb > The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Twilight Saga: New Moon

The Twilight Saga: New Moon More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 92: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

wow this was baddddddddd, (spoilers)

Author: Ruben Cruz from United States
13 April 2010

I watched this, dreadful movie, and couldn't stand it. but i sat through it regardless. its a terrible hormonal fest. shes running around trying to fill out the gap that her father left when he left her mother, and when she meets one guy he just hates himself and tell her to leave him alone. then she meets jacob, and ends up being told the same thing, 20 min of her whining and crying and sitting while menacingly watching everyone else having a life for four months or something. then her weird obsession of getting into trouble just to see edward is just crazy. she should be locked up in a padded cell, instead she walks around like a zombie and sounding like shes getting strangled in her sleep, this movie was a chore to see a little girls fantasy of being with vampires. all in all. it could just be a dream while shes in a coma and it all started when she thought she got saved by edward but instead shes dreaming all this up. it all makes sense, because how ridiculous the story is. for shame, that could have been a better way of ending it.

Don't bother unless you're a fan

Author: jmason72-1 from Australia
12 April 2010

Well, this is 2 more than I gave the first movie.

I haven't read the book - of the comments that I've read, if you've read the books you seem to give it a higher rating.

I found the storyline incredibly hard to follow. Most of the special effects were really bad and were akin to the d-grade movies of the 50s.

The scene where Jake turns into the wolf above Bella was great - except that all the wolves, which weren't meant to be scary, looked disneyesque. They all looked so cute and cuddly that they weren't remotely scary. When Jake turns into the wolf to threaten Robert Pattinson, it looked like it was a dog wanting to be patted.

It got more interesting when it moved to Italy - the Voltari bit was the only bit in the movie that had any real tension. But how they got there was weird. One minute she's in Forkes, the next she's in a car in Italy with no explanation of how she got there.

Despite it being done by a different director, it still has the same bad makeup. The vampires' faces are painted white,but their necks are normal colour. But the funniest is that they'd painted stripes on Robert Pattison's body to make him look more muscular (a common Hollywood trick) but instead of making him look muscular, it made him look like a skinny guy with stripes painted on his body.

Waste of time!

Author: mosleh-1 from Taiwan
19 March 2010

This movie goes on and on! No climax no plot!

Right from the start is all whinnying and whinnying of Bella!

The movies go flat from there, and then she is not sure about Jacob.

No what I expected at all.

I haven't read the book, but the first one was a real attention catcher.

This movie is a waste of your time.

This movie could be done in 60 Min. or less. There was no need to keep the movie going for so long! Waste of film, and our time.

The whole movie is very predictable.

Just a waste of time!

That's entertainment?

Author: Marcia Brady from United States
13 March 2010

I also have not read ANY of the books. I'm sure they're great. Having siad that, this "movie" was absolutely so dull and brutally stagnant I absolutely cannot believe it got distribution and people paid money to see it. I took my daughter to see the first movie, Twilight, in the theater. I wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking or spectacular, and I pretty much got what I expected - a tweenage love story with 2 dimensional characters and a thin plot line about teenage vampires and werewolves and how they deal with their issues while going to high school. Transylvania 90210 basically. New Moon, on the other hand, is a movie that looks like they took whatever was left on the cutting room floor and slapped it together and put a couple songs on top of it. The only redeeming quality of the film is the lush forest background. I am pretty sure there wasn't even a script. The actors just showed up on the set and improvised incomplete sentences - I swear to God that's what it felt like: Bella: "You cut your hair!" Jacob: "That's not all that's been going on..." Really? You mean that's not all that's been going on in the course of the school year with vampires and werewolves running around town? I'm on the edge of my seat... Did the head vampire guy get an oil change too? I can't stand the suspense. In all seriousness I commend Summit Entertainment on creating the "pet rock" of the decade and getting people to cough up good money to see... nothing. It's not a horror film because there's no suspense or horror. It's not a drama because there is no underlying tension or tangible conflict... no characters even raise their voices at each other... it's basically a LONG moving photograph of a few shirtless guys and a couple emo girls hanging out. Surely there was a crew member on the set of the film that went home after work and said to themselves "I can't believe I'm working on this. This is an embarrassment." I have never been so un-entertained in my life. If this is where movies are headed, I don't blame people for just staying at home and plugging into youtube for 2 hours instead. No plot, no commendable acting, no substance, and a sequel on the way. New Moon.

Lol, they can't actually like this garbage can they.

Author: jc_mcd92 from Australia
10 March 2010

First off I'll start by saying that this is an absolutely awful film and anyone who thinks otherwise should really open their eyes.

This movie is a blockbuster. There were TV spots on every every 30 minutes encouraging us to go see it. that we won't be disappointed. Truth is this movie was a disappointment. Disappointing that it made so much money. Wow. this movie was so bad. Crappy directing, crappy acting. It felt to me like the actors didn't even care in this movie. Like they just showed up to work and went home at the end of the day. Like they weren't invested in their roles.

This movie is supposed to be a love story and yet the two leads had absolutely no chemistry on screen. It felt like they didn't even know each other. And it felt so awkward, I was embarrassed to watch them at times, and the melodrama which was just about every second didn't help that. By the way before I saw this film I read the screenplay. I wasn't impressed with it, I didn't think it was very good, but the movie was worse. The lines were delivered dramatically when there was no room for drama. Wow, this movie was horrible. Worse than the first which I found mildly entertaining. But this, this raises the bar on how Dodgy Hollywood can be.

On an upside. The scene where Bella wrecks the bike and Jacob rips off his shirt to help her made me laugh for days.

The trailer was the movie...

Author: lyfzabytch from Pakistan
10 March 2010

I don't know who edited the trailer for this movie, or who supervised it but they actually told the whole story in the trailer...nothing to expect. Maybe they were hard pressed as their are very few interesting points in the whole movie. It is so slow and stupid. It could have been finished in an hour. Even the title takes a minute to show the name of the movie i.e. new moon across a fading full moon. Another thing which amazes me is how the characters react when they kiss? they shiver.. MY GOD!!! Who the hell does that? I like kristen stewarts's acting because it is really natural and she is like that even in award ceremonies but this movie makes me hate bella. Out of the two hours, 1 hour and 45 minutes are lost on the line "hole in my chest". Edward leaves her right after she gets attacked and she takes till the end of the movie to decipher that it was for her own good...r u kidding me? The wolves are animated superbly but they are given less than 5 minutes on the screen which I think is a lost because a few fight scenes could have paced the movie. You know the end of the movie even before it begins, not because you have read the book but because you saw the trailer. Highlights: edward leaving, jacob's abs and Pec implants and the brief stupid fight at the end. I thank god for piracy and torrents so that I don't have to spend money on these kind films. I hated this movie and I am SHIFT+DELing it right now.

Disappointed

Author: sassy13169 from Australia
6 March 2010

I loved the Twilight series and having read the books countless times, I was really looking forward to seeing the movie, to be honest I couldn't even sleep the night before...sad but true.

IT TURNED OUT TO BE A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT :(

Non of the characters had any chemistry with each other, it felt like they were in dress rehearsals...and seriously any good director an make a bad actor look great...its called editing...anyway the actors direction has to come from somebody...he had a vision and he went with it...for me it wasn't good...I thought he did a bad job with his great book, the scenes were very choppy and they didn't feel complete, the actors lines were way too short and he failed to capture any moments in the movie.

I know a lot of people were disappointed with Twilight, I on the other hand found it to be amazing, I fell in love with the way Edward loved Bella, I thought they had an amazing chemistry between each other and there was a lot more feeling to the movie...all the actors just fit...even though Catherine paid the price for her imagination, I think she did a much better job.

In New Moon the Vampires looked horrendous with their crazy make up...Edwards face and neck were two different shades of white, his contacts were so fake, I couldn't notice anything else in his first scene...I just kept thinking how bad his makeup looked...the Vampires appeared to look more natural in the first movie...even though they were a few shades of green...lol

Twilight's soundtrack was amazing, it complimented every scene, even now when I hear a certain song you think of that particular scene...the music in New Moon didn't fit...it was very forgettable...

Anywho please don't hate, I just had to get it off my chest...it was a huge disappointment for me, it's just because I was sooo eager to watch this movie and I thought it would be much better than the first one, I had high hopes...I've watched Twilight a million times and I tried watching New Moon for the second time and I just couldn't do it, every scene is so cringe worthy and I feel sorry for the actors for being portrayed in that way.

Avoid like vampires avoid garlic

Author: Leo San from Hong Kong
6 March 2010

Never wrote a review in IMDb but this movie was so lame and boring i felt compelled to give my vote. The love story just is to bad to be true,you never felt sorry for the girl, just want to slap her around for making all those stupid things and, herself, being so stupid and irritating. Not to mention there was no chemistry between the two main characters whatsoever. I think those were the most boring two hours of my life... Was that close to turn off the movie after 10 minutes but hoped things would get better... Well, they didn't. Wished I saved the other 2 hours to do something better. Avoid this movie like vampires avoid garlic and wooden stakes.

Where is the taste?

Author: darkmax from Singapore
5 March 2010

I found the first film hugely overrated, despite going in with an open mind, knowing it is a girl flick. but at least I sat through the first one.

For some reason, 1/2 an hour was the best I could get through the second.

Explain to me, what's so "hot" about the male leads? Edward has a flat face, and dog boy is just butt ugly. Granted the dog boy has a body, but that does not make him "hot". Whatever happen to the taste in men, girls? If it is not men with a body or a face, it is a gay. Where are girls with superficial tastes these days? Gosh....

Then there's Kirsten Stewart.... Come on! Surely there are better looking chicks out there. For that matter the one playing Jessica is already better.

I have been very disappointed in Hollywood's teen flicks these days, and this one just tops it off. I hope they didn't make enough to make a third one, but I would then be underestimating the power of the tastelessness of the target group these days.

They Had wolfs, and Vampires yet focused on endless Teenage melodrama..T_T

Author: Serenit-y from United Kingdom
26 February 2010

Guess i'll just be repeating what has already gone through, 1 - Either bad acting, or perherps the wrong type of acting, instead of setting the scenes of a doomed love, or some sort of "Love", just sets the scene of a teenage infactuation, complete with a needy chick who really just needs an exciting hobby, an emo vampire and an---actually quite realistic human-wolf person, he portrayed the most reasonable personality in the movie.

2 - The dialogue was terrible, spoiler

"I love you....please don't make me choose...It was always him"...Sounds like a choice -_-

"Promise me you won't do anything wreckless...and I promise you I'll never enter your life again"...What? that's your promise to incite her not to do anything wrekless?

3 The movie just went from Pretty OK...to alright...to What?...to oh COMMON stop Degenerating!

Best part of the movie was watching the court scene, since it introduced a break, or diversion from the constant melodrama. The Wolf fight scenes, all of them we're good.

Now I know All the actors in this film are good actors, So I simply blame the mis-interpretation of what they we're supposed to portray, the writer for the regurgitated dialogue (A lot of it) and the director for not finding the right balance between the actual plot, and the constant endless melodrama, the Fan girls/Media for Making the director place so much emphasis on showing off abs and sculptured bodies.

Common guys!