IMDb > The Cabin in the Woods (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Cabin in the Woods

The Cabin in the Woods More at IMDbPro »

Page 18 of 101: [Prev][13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [Next]

Awful!

Author: pranav_2001 from India
9 June 2012

"The cabin in the woods" might have the dumbest plot for a Horror movie you could ever imagine. Watching this movie made me feel like watching a Bollywood movie, where everything feels right till the first half. Bollywood movies are expert at screwing the second half of any movie, this movie was one step ahead of that.

The first half of this movie has everything that a Young audience demands: funny college students going out for a vacation at a secluded cabin in a forest with an awesome lake by side. There's one dopy dude who's character is awesome, dumb and funny.

The movie does produce some horror and suspense, but what really turns you off is the whole plot, which you will realize at the end is a really really crappy one.

My suggestion: Not worth watching this in your dreams either.

Terrible movie, I'll never get those 90 minutes of my life back.

Author: Mariem-design from Ireland
27 April 2012

I was expecting a lot from this movie. It should have been marked a comedy more so than horror as you were sitting down expecting to be scared. The storyline? Well whoever wrote that was clearly tripping on acid, it was absurd! Completely random, all over the place, messy and downright stupid. Bad CGI effects, bad acting, a complete waste of money and time! When the movie ended I heard everyone in the theater say to each other "that was TERRIBLE" and sighs.. DO NOT GO TO SEE THIS, I WOULD RATHER WATCH PAINT DRY. A lot of people I spoke to thought it was hilarious, they enjoyed it for the absolute randomness of it! I didn't think it was very funny as I was expecting a serious horror movie! Think Evil Dead meets the Truman Show, hell there was even a guy called Truman in it! Watch one or the either, don't merge the two together.

7.9 ???

Author: zouzougr
14 May 2012

I went actually with my gf to watch it since it was one of the current high-rated movies in IMDb.

What a disappointment, and I really wonder how is the rating done nowadays. Lots of controversy and repetition as noted by some critics previously. People ""partying and celebrating"" the death of others being trapped in what is supposed to be just a sacrifice, and for who, some elderly old gods.

The story is poor, the acting is OK, and there doesn't seem to be anything that motivates you or drives you throughout the movie, nor are there lessons or conclusions or even making sense of the reason behind this whole story.

Save your money

Author: kaikai9 from United States
13 April 2012

I have been an avid horror fan since the late 70's. This is one of the worst horror films I have ever seen. Cabin in the Woods is only a compilation of many horror films jumbled into one with subtle changes that only someone unfamiliar with horror films can not detect. This movie was all over the place and utterly ridiculous. I tend to wonder if the laughter in the theater was because people actually thought the lines were funny or they thought they were so stupid and should not have been added. I found no humor at all, no thrill but I did find I wasted my money hoping someone could produce something that might actually scare me. Think of every horror movie you have seen, mix it up and you have this movie. It is time for a little more originality and much less grabbing for previous movie straws and sucking on them as if they are your own. I give it two stars since I didn't walk out of the theater as I was hoping it would get better.

Half-Baked Story Idea

Author: rogerdob from United States
15 April 2012

What the heck was going on with the story in this movie???? It was like it wasn't completely thought out. Was it a horror, science fiction, comedy, or fantasy movie??? It tried to be all of them...thus, is was none of them.

After the film was over, I was reminded of LOST, the TV series, and how similar the writing was. As in that TV show, so much was presented in this movie but very little was explained. It was as if they just didn't care if anything made sense or had a reason to be...lots a puzzles but very little answers...lots of interesting ideas with no logic to support them. Afterwards, I discovered this was written by Drew Goddard, one of the LOST writers!

In the future I will avoid movies written by Goddard.

Awful movie! I want my money back...

Author: Britshelby from United States
7 June 2012

We went to this movie because of the great ratings but we were more than disappointed !! DO NOT GO! It's a total waste of money. I felt like it was my duty to write a review so I could maybe save someone a little time and ticket money.

The plot was a joke and not even scary ... I laughed more than anything because I could not believe this movie made it to the theater. The movie was so out there that it was not believable. What has happened to great horror movies that you are actually jumping in your seat?

I wish it would have been better but it just was not ... Very disappointed ..

I didn't get it... Why such high reviews... WASTE OF MY MONEY!!!

Author: Amanda Foster from United States
28 May 2012

Okay I went to go see this movie with my boyfriend after doing the research on it. By the ratings on this site and on a different site I made the decision to go see this movie in theaters. Let me tell you all something, IT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST WASTES OF MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT! I cannot believe that everyone rated this movie and it is at a 7.9!!

It was fake, corny, cheesy, and I don't even know how to describe it. Thought it was going to be a really great horror film, and it turned out to be a piece of crap predictable. If you all really want to see it, to see for yourself, just rent it when it comes out, but really I only would give it a 4. Bad acting, cheesy story, JUST PLAIN FAKE and that's the facts!!!

How can it have a 8.0 rating

Author: JohnnyMcCaffery from United Kingdom
24 April 2012

I don't know how it can have a 8.0 rating??

The film is to predictable. The start of the film was bad. While I was watching the film, I was trying to figure out the story. It had no story until the end of the it, then made zero sense. I felt like I was waiting for something to happen; when something was happening. The killing scenes didn't even seem like they were killing scenes.

Lets talk about the killing scenes. When you are stabbed in the back, you are not going to get up like nothing has happened. There is a fat chance you will even get up. It just didn't seem like a film that was put together correctly.

A 4 star Groaner

Author: T Y from United States
22 April 2012

This got such uniform good reviews, I knew I had to see it fast, before the buzz turned it into an over-hyped beast. No such luck. It IS an over-hyped beast. I should have known better. All the reviews I skimmed suggested a boffo trick ending or reveal... and I hate those movies. The script is not clever. If I had walked out as I was inclined in the middle of the tiresome set-up, I'd have missed nothing.

The plot of this stinker involves slowly disclosing several nested narrative devices, and invokes higher and higher scales of society, until you know the ending will just HAVE to be the piece of full-scale idiocy that they came up with. But the writers offer not not a peep of explanation for why the sacrifice has to take the form of a clichéd, glacially slow, horror movie; which makes the movie convoluted, and the entire premise quite costly. Couldn't you just kill the 5 types in their homes, or better still in a way that introduce a new type of horror movie? But no, the writers paint themselves into a corner, thinking (as TV talent does) that sensation is even better than thought, and will save this overextended premise in the end. There has never been a movie that builds to a CGI monster that is worth a damn. The movie got some kudos for its references to previous movies (The Shining, Alien 3, The Ring), but it's also so dumb it just lazily rips most of them off: The Truman Show, And then there were None, Army of Darkness, Halloween 3, Cube, 13 ghosts, Rosemary's Baby, Hellraiser, etc. No matter how you mash 20 old movies together, it will not produce "new.

The movie poster (a house exterior turned into a rubik's cube) rips off the poster for Deathtrap; another bit of drivel - with a terrible, terrible twist ending - that received scads of undeserved rave reviews.

If you've exhausted yourself today sitting at home watching vapid TV, and you need a break, Cabin in the Woods will take your tired thoughtless mind even dumber places. But there is zero purpose in seeing it. This movie will be forgotten in 5 years (see also: Identity).

Scooby Doo on Roids'

Author: Farid_Hijab_Nadweed from Lapjat
18 April 2012

I was totally surprised by this movie even though I had watched some of the promos. In a way, this is not a typical Josh film and yet in a way it is - a simple film portraying a simple story.

five friends arrive at a secluded cabin with clear instructions for their anticipated mountain getaway. But when the rigid rules are broken, punishment is swift -- and everyone will pay. Kristen Connolly, Jesse Williams, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Chris Hemsworth and Brian J. White star with Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford in this surprising spin on a classic horror setup.

This movie, to an extent, has the echoes of "Baghban" where family drama is concerned and is a good comedy where the friendship between the teen cast, as well as the guys behind the scenes are concerned. Besides the director, Drew Godard, roping in two of the most popular Hollywood stars, in his directorial debut, what is really interesting the family drama angle of the story - its not just for children as some have suggested or as some think, its also for adults.

The music is quite melodious and worth listening.

Conclusion: This is one movie that is worth while watching with family, including children. But if a violent drama does make you blanch, then I suggest you take some reading materials with you and wait in the lobby.