IMDb > "CSI: Miami" Resurrection (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CSI: Miami" Resurrection (2008)

« Prev | 143 of 232 Episodes | Next »

Back From The 'Dead" And Starting Season Seven

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
23 June 2011

It appears "Horatio" has been murdered but no viewer on this show would believe that since there was never any word that David Caruso was leaving. The only surprise was that "Wolfe" knew it and nobody else on the CSI team for awhile. If I was "Calleigh, Eric or Frank" I wouldn't have been too pleased I wasn't privvy to this setup since I'm grieving my butt off thinking my beloved leader has been killed.

Whatever.....the idea is to trap the kingpins who are dealing with alloy bullets and supplying them to all the Miami gangs. These are fused armor-piercing bullets, so they are of great value. If you've been following the show, you know who the bad guys are - they haven't changed.

All-in-all, even though the story is a bit hokey and a bit complicated at times, it's a good season opener with some fantastic action scenes and amazing color palette. This has always been, IMO, the "prettiest" show on TV and this episode will attest to that. Some of the colorful camera shots in here are really wild, to the point you mouth "wow" as you watch it.

Not a showcase of talents.

Author: wms59 from Global
16 July 2009

Even allowing some leeway due to the 'Miami' division being by far the weakest of the CSI franchise; this episode plumbed new depths.

The script was laughable. The story corny, disjointed, and gave the impression of being rushed out into production. Even then, a strong cast of actors could have done something to pull it off.

It didn't happen.

If this episode were to be used as an audition tape, none of the people involved would get a part in a High School play.

It might be time to wind this series up now, since on this evidence, the cast are merely sleepwalking through the motions to pick up their paychecks.