IMDb > "How I Met Your Mother" Woooo! (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"How I Met Your Mother: Woooo! (#4.8)"

"How I Met Your Mother" Woooo! (2008)

« Prev | 72 of 208 Episodes | Next »

Another Enjoyable Episode

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
23 December 2014

Another great episode with Neil Patrick Harris again taking centre stage.

Plot In A Paragraph: Barney tries to get Ted a job working with him and Marahall at GNB (Goliath National Bank) where Ted would be designing the banks new skyscraper. Meanwhile Robin starts spending time with one of Lily's work mates called Jillian and a bunch of Woo girls (girls who scream "WOOO" at every slight little thing) which disappoints Lily. So Lily then tries to join in with the Woo girls, so she does not feel like an old married lady.

Neil Patrick Harris's performance during a rival architect firms sales pitch is nothing short of comedy gold. It's just great TV, that had me laughing out loud.

Jamie Lynn Singer is very attractive in her role as Jillian

Woooo! (#4.8)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
20 July 2015

They keep on going with the "being single sucks" angle in this episode as well. It seems one of the writers is very bitter at the single friends. They didn't have it before and it is actually annoying, this season is the one I like the least so far, thanks to the constant presenting of single life as desperate. Too bad Robin is the one saying all such things, I was happy to see her before as a woman who doesn't want a relationship and is independent....

The bank architecture position story is not as bad, but not too exciting either. I just liked a lot the scene with Barney on the roof and the pigeons gathering there. A little reference to Hitchcock's Birds?

We are SVEN!

Author: limetalhead from United States
4 January 2009

By far one of the funniest episodes so far. There are 2 main angles that take place.

First, the bank Barney & Marshall work for(Goliath National Bank) decides to go ahead with plans for a new downtown office. Naturally, Barney suggests Ted to his bosses as a potential designer of the building. His main competition is a Swedish architecture firm called SVEN. Ted spends weeks drawing up a sketch of his idea and the GNB brass are very impressed with his design. However, Barney later tells Ted that the contract went to SVEN and naturally Ted is crushed. Later when Marshall finds out that his boss Bilson voted for Ted, he is curious as to why SVEN won. When Barney tells the story, it's laugh your ass off time. SVEN presents a building shaped like a T-Rex that spits fire in which Barney will have an office in the brain. Barney acts like a kid in a candy store when presented with these ideas.

SVEN #1: "I am Sven Jorgensson, with me are Sven Karlsen and Sven Johansson, and we are SVEN! SVEN #2: SVEN! SVEN #3: SVEN! You are Goliath National Bank. You are cutting edge, you are new, you are fresh. Women want to be with you, men wish to harm you but the fool who does challenge you SHALL BE CRUSHED! Your headquarters will tell the world of these facts. Oh, and one more thing, DON'T LOOK NOW! Which of you is Barney Stinson, head of the search committee?" Barney: "Oh My God, That's me!" SVEN: "You, Barney Stinson are a man of power and virility. Your office shall be here, in the head of a Tyrannosaurus Rex." Barney: I never knew it till now but I've always dreamed of that!" SVEN: "On your large desk, upon there in rosewood shall be this button." Barney: What does the button do?!" SVEN: "Press it, press it for glory!" Flames shoot out of the T-Rex's mouth. Barney: "YES! This is the most awesome building in the universe! There is no way this building could be more awesome!" SVEN: "There is a strip club in the letter N." And Barney looks like he's about to have a heart attack.

Later on, however, after some soul searching and a talking to from Marshall, Barney convinces GNB to choose Ted's design and all is well. However, we find out that Marshall tells Ted the truth and they punish Barney by tying him to a mechanical bull and leaving him.

The second angle involves Lily, Robin and a friend of Lily's from work named Jillian, played by the delicious Jamie-Lynn Sigler. When Lily and Robin go to a birthday party for Jillian, they find out that she and her friends are so called 'Woo' girls. Basically, they scream "WOO" whenever they can for any ridiculous reason. Lily is surprised by this but Robin isn't as critical. Later, right after Barney delivers the bad news to Ted, we see Robin standing out of the sunroof of a Hummer limo screaming "WOO" as it rides down the street. Lily is shocked and confronts Robin about it.

Lily: "But that's not the biggest disappointment of the day." Robin: "What?" Lily: "We saw you Woo." Robin: "Saw who woo?" Lily: "Saw you Woo." Robin: "I didn't Woo." Lily: "You did too." Robin: "That's not true." Lily: "Your nose just grew. So what, you're like best friends with Jillian now?" Robin: "No, it's just, you're married Lily but I'm still single. Whenever I hang out with you, I'm usually the third wheel to you and Marshall. Sometimes it's fun to go out with other single women and do stuff that you don't want to." Lily: "Like what?" Robin: "Like Woo, Lily, like Woo." Lily: "I can Woo." Robin: "That's not true." Lily: "I can too." Robin: "It's just not you." Towards the end, Robin admits that Lily is her best friend and she needs her for the real parts in life but needs to have fun and just 'Woo' at times. We also see what the girls 'Woos' really mean. Crystal, the Asian girl's means "I cry in the shower". Misty, the blond's means "I've never been on a second date". Jillian's means "What if I never get to be a mom"? Stacey, the other brunette's means "I'm secretly in love with Jillian".

The ends of the 2 angles cross over in the final scene. After Barney is untied from the bull, Stacey suggests finding a guy for her and Jillian to have a 3-way with and hinting at just the two of them doing something if they can't. We see Barney repeatedly falling down from exhaustion trying to get over there. The episode ends with Jillian saying that she thought Ted was cute and to try and find him and Barney falling down one last time.