IMDb > "How I Met Your Mother" The Fight (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"How I Met Your Mother" The Fight (2008)

« Prev | 74 of 208 Episodes | Next »

The Fight (#4.10)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
20 July 2015

Another very amusing episode with a hilarious idea. I must say I liked to see Doug. Such a great character. This show is pretty good with bringing entertaining and colorful characters for separate episodes. Will Sasso is again a perfect selection for this role. He is that guy who seems like a great friendly guy when he likes you and can kick some serious ass in case he doesn't.

So the fake fight happened because Barney is still trying to pursue Robin. And it was actually a very fun scene, he was pretty good at kicking.

And the kids who called the guys wusses were pretty funny as well.

Robin is still a bit disappointing. I found the idea of her being into fighting guys pretty funny, but the scene with her finding the fight was fake was overdone

Another 10/10 Episode

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
24 December 2014

Another excellent episode Of "How I Met Your Mother"

Plot In A Paragraph: Barney and Ted join Carl the bartender from Maclarens in a fight (mainly to impress Robin) but the fight does not go quite as they planned, or as they later make out.

The show has somehow managed to pull two 10/10 episodes out of the bag. I have only seen "Married With Children" in Season 5, and Maybe "Friends" pull out that level of excellent consistency.

There is a slight plot inconsistency as in the episode "Liberty Bell" Marshall says he had never been in a fight, where he he says he's been in lots of fights with his brothers. But what the hell, that is only a minor thing, and does nothing to ruin the enjoyment of it.