IMDb > Aasma: The Sky Is the Limit (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Aasma: The Sky Is the Limit More at IMDbPro »

A must watch for every aspiring actor, musician, lyricist, screenplay writer, cinematographer and director

Author: wouldberockstar from United States
24 February 2009

Everyone who watched this movie is probably thinking of the same thing: WHAT MADE US WATCH IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? In my case, it was my cousin who assured me that it was a good movie.

After 2 minutes into the movie, I couldn't disagree with him more. But I kept watching because this movie is so horribly made, it becomes comical.

The movie talks about a bunch of college students who start a theatre group called "Aasma" which means "sky". Its ironic how the entire movie feels just like amateur theatre.

The acting is so bad, it hurts. The screenplay is disturbing at best.

I think this movie should be a mandatory watch for every single aspiring actor, musician, lyricist, screenplay writer and director. It has everything, and I mean everything, that a good movie should not.

Oh yea, and if the IMDb rating failed to convince you (it failed to convince my cousin!), I hope this review does.

Rock On, Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na & Rang De Basanti all rolled into 1

Author: Sherazade from United States
11 November 2009

It starts out very lackluster but you wouldn't believe that this B-grade movie would develop into something so powerful and with such a strong message as well. Aasma follows the story of 6 twenty-something-year-old, members of a theatre troupe (of the same name) and their life trials and tribulations as they struggle to make it big in the theatre world. When the troupe's writer meets with an accident and need a rare blood transfusion, Bharat(played by an impressive newcomer Shubh) the leader agrees to donate his blood to save the writer's life but receives shocking news that rocks not only his world but that of every single person around him.