IMDb > "ER" Heal Thyself (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 316 of 331 Episodes | Next »

Amazing Work

Author: sherilyn_lover from United States
7 April 2009

If you watched ER from the beginning, you know how instrumental Anthony Edwards was to this show. His character, Mark Greene, died from cancer at the end of season 8, but he was brought back during the show's final season in this episode. As usual, the writers and producers did an outstanding job incorporating his story (as a flashback involving his long-ago interaction with one of the current doctors) into the current story lines.

The final season of ER will go down as one of the best years of any TV series I've ever watched, and this episode (along with the finale) was one of the highlights!

Heal Thyself (#15.7)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
29 June 2015

When the episode just started I didn't expect I will like it as much as I did. It was an episode about the new chief that I don't care much about. But it ended up being a wonderful episode, actually my favorite in this season so far.

Of course this is mainly thanks to the fact that we got to see Dr. Mark Greene again! One of my favorite characters on this show, seeing him got me all excited and nostalgic and even got some tears into my eyes. He is a special character and he was so much in his usual persona here...It was also sweet to see Weaver and Romano. And the little conversation of Mark and Romano made us feel like back in the old times of the show...

An old friend reappears

Author: eldel1974 from Ireland
16 June 2017

For so many seasons, I had been missing the 'greats' of ER. Now that we are in the final season, they have kindly been bringing back some of the legendary characters. Tonight, it was the turn of Dr. Mark Greene, through a flashback, to grace our screens. I was pretty emotional seeing him, doing what he does best. It was like seeing an old, familiar friend. Not only Dr. Greene, but Dr. Weaver and the contrary Dr. Romano. I was transported back to the early great days of ER. I haven't got the same depth of feeling for some of the newer characters, but I'm appreciating the originals showing up this season.