IMDb > "ER" Age of Innocence (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"ER" Age of Innocence (2008)

« Prev | 317 of 331 Episodes | Next »

Horrible episode

Author: M K
22 October 2011

Sorry about the rant, but child sexual abuse was the main point of the episode:

Otherwise OK episode turned horribly bad at the end. Why? Because it promoted the horrible sentiment of guilty by suspicion. By making suggestions that the teacher really was a child molester, it approved everything that happened to him -- and his wife --, EVEN IF there were ONLY SOUSPICION of wrong doing.

Yes, child molestation is a horrible problem, but it does not go away by suspecting all the men who talk kindly to children. "They appear to be nice, Archie". If that is suggested guideline for "detecting" possible child molesters, we are in trouble. Apparently only rude and distant men are allowed, and kindness is left to women. That kind of society creates only cold and distant people.

Age of Innocence (#15.8)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
29 June 2015

Really disliked the child molester story. Nothing this guy did makes him look guilty. They just did it by joining it with Simon's tear jerking and embarrassing speech. I don't even fee bad for him after this. Being molested doesn't make him an expert on who is guilty, actually it makes him more likely to be wrong because of persona bias and not using rationality but emotional issues that he has. The guy was pronounced not guilty, he did nothing wrong in the episode and we should look at him as a bad guy? Nah, I think Simon is disgusting and his brother in law should be in jail.

I just liked how Dubenko talked to Neela. Exactly, who does she think she is? They did everything to make her be a good surgeon and she neither want to return it to the medical community and has too high of an opinion about herself believing that she never caused a problem. Dubenko rules!