"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" Passion (2009)

« Prev | 167 of 195 Episodes | Next »

If my kid ever tells me she wants to be a poet, I'll tell her to join the mafia instead

Author: paolo ceccacci from Falconara Marittima, Italy
7 October 2017

A poet (Will Chase), who owned a minor magazine, made a poetry reading in an open bar. Shortly before a backer turned up in his office, threatening to cut money out: the magazine survived only on donation made by rich people. The same night, his secretary (as well as his lover) was found dead in the alley near the office. After questioning some suspects, Nichols and Wheeler figured out the poet used to pimp his employee out in order to draw the capital he need. But the murder is not related to money.

Nichols plays the piano to impress and to let the perp talk, saying he had better become a musician rather than a cop. Anyway at the end he shows off unexpected lectured and poetry skills.

Like the bards of old

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
27 March 2016

I'm sorry that Criminal Intent reached the end of its run before Jeff Goldblum and his character of Detective Zach Nichols. In his own way, the son of a psychiatrist with that kind of training and background he was as quirky as Vincent D'Onofrio in his own way.

Two murders occur in this episode. The first was of Christina Brucato girl friend and girl Friday of Will Chase a poet. Now that's usually not a gig that pays much money unless you get a patron. Chase publishes a poetry anthology magazine and it's described as the kind of a publication that people buy for their coffee tables so they appear intellectual. Like the bards of old Chase needs wealthy patrons and he's not picky about what means he uses to get patrons.

But then he winds up murdered and Goldblum and Julianne Nicholson have to go in a whole different direction.

All I'll say is that the solution lies in Chase's past and a past crime never really dealt with.