SCHNITZELPARADIJS- DE SERIE is a multi cultural comedy that, loosely based on the 2005 box office hit of the same name. The series tells the story before the film, in which Sander, the character craving for power, is still an innocent guy. Sander wants more in life, and he decides to travel to Africa, so that he can contribute something positive to the world. To fulfill his dream he only needs to earn some money in restaurant De Blauwe Gier. But nothing goes as planned. Sander meets the wonderful Femke and he decides to keep his job as dish washer, in spite of the awful work conditions. In between the four walls of the kitchen, other rules and different laws apply. Sander needs to learn these rules and laws very quickly, or he will drown in his own washing-up water. Written by
1 September 2008 (Netherlands)
See more »
See more »
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
Because some cast members from Het schnitzelparadijs
(2005) did not return, "spiritual replacements" were introduced for the TV series, and some returning characters "swapped roles":
- Micha Hulshof plays the male lead and the newbie who starts out washing the dishes, the role played by Noah Valentyn in the film. Though still called Sander, Hulshof's character is much different from the movie. Instead of being the bully, he is an innocent, peaceful person. Basically, the theory is, that the series - as far as Sander goes - is a prequel to the movie.
- Eva van de Wijdeven plays the female lead (Femke) on whom the newbie gets a crush, the role played by Bracha van Doesburgh (Agnes) in the film.
- Arent-Jan Linde plays the racist "commander" of the kitchen, the role Sander ( Micha Hulshof) played in the film.
- Yahya Gaier and José Klaase play the loud-mouthed, dumb duo who give a lot of comic relief. In the film Mimoun Oaïssa and Yahya Gaier played this role, except in the series Gaier plays the dominant of the two, whereas in the film he was the more passive one.
- Dick van den Toorn plays the chef who runs the restaurant, the role played by Frank Lammers in the film. Lammers had a name in the movie (Willem), Van den Toorn's character is just called Chef.
- Tygo Gernandt, Gürkan Küçüksentürk and Sanne Vogel return in the same roles, playing the same characters with the same places in the ensemble. Though the characters of Goran (played by Gernandt) and Claudia (played by Vogel) are significantly different from the movie. Goran is a much dumber and more comedic character. Claudia's part in the movie was very small, in the series she gets more screen time, therefore she was given more character.
- Peer Mascini's character and his role have been invented entirely for the series, with no direct or indirect relation to the film.
Spun-off from Het schnitzelparadijs