"Birth in the Graveyard" a simple irony of the producer's dream.
Just like the title of the movie, there goes the dream of the writer and the producer of this film. 10 minutes of watching this movie will guarantee to send anybody into their own graveyard out of disgust.
Instead of focusing on how horrible this movie is, I would love to share you 5 tips on how to actually enjoy this movie (in case no one notice, this is sarcasm, by the way):
1. The best way to enjoy this movie is to not watch it at all. But, if fate decides to play around with you and you are somehow "forced" to watch this movie, try to look for a comedy, instead of a horror. You'll find enjoyment with that intention in mind. The characters are supposedly med students equipped with less intelligence than a comatose chimpanzee.
i.e: One of the main girl looked at an OBVIOUSLY chained door with a huge lock. She approached the door, tried to open it, and then she said "aww man, it's locked!" Honestly, I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at that scene.
2. Root for the ghost instead of the protagonists! I found enjoyment from seeing the ghost unleashed her wrath upon the main characters. She is being too nice. If I were her, I probably would already finished all the characters in the first 5 minutes. Her killing spree, in my opinion, is justifiable. With that bleak acting skill and poor script, no wander the ghost is in pure agony.
3. Play "guess the setting" with your family and friend while watching this movie. The Production designer amazingly have the ability to design the main character's room, the club's toilet, the hospital, and the morgue among other settings to be somewhat similar with each other and almost indistinguishable.
4. Guess which Japanese horror films are the inspiration (read: Blatantly copied) behind this movie.
5. Do something else (such as reading a book, cooking, or maybe watching other movie) while watching this film. At least at the end of the day, you are not totally wasting your time. Be warned that watching this movie with full concentration will drop your IQ score by 10 points.
In conclusion, there is one thing that the producer did right, which is naming this movie "Birth in the graveyard". Just like the title, this movie should be born in the graveyard to be immediately buried under the dirt and never allowed to see the light of day.
4 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?