IMDb > "Raw" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Raw" More at IMDbPro »

Worth the watch

Author: mbforever from United States
19 December 2010

It's welcome news to read that Damon Gameau and Krystof Hadek will be there for the next season of "Raw." If it is, as one poster put it, a thinly veiled Irish interpretation of "Kitchen Confidential," it's a definite improvement. "Raw" got rid of the jokiness, added a way sexier star, Gameau, who doesn't head the restaurant until the second season and whose sex appeal was toned down, and, made us care about the workers in the restaurant. I didn't care about anyone in KC. Nolita may have missed closing, but the series didn't. The eponymous restaurant in "Raw" shut down in the first season, but it reopened for a second season. The closing made viewers like me feel like the show was as fragile as real life, like we had a purpose, like watching it helped to keep something worthwhile alive.

Excellent

Author: Irishmoviereviewer from Ireland
29 August 2014

At the beginning, I thought this movie was gonna be messed up because of the fact a handsome Australian character 'Geoff' was acting as Gordan Ramsey. Although I honestly loved his jokes and having being a good chef to the others. The actor really had a smart way of pretending to be a typical Australian guy, it really suited his character.

Fair enough, being in a restaurant is challeging but it really does tell you how much a job can put you with a huge amount of stress.

As the movie went on, we see another handsome Czech character Pavel who was like a Guardian Angel with such patience and had so much love for Geoff. The pair of boys had really great chemistry together.

I honestly wish RTE could broadcast this fantastic series again as you normally don't see Gay shows in Ireland which is such a pity!