IMDb > "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

One Word

Author: goanna_38 from Queensland, Australia
4 March 2009

Awful. The monologue wasn't amusing except for the Microsoft joke. Lick it for 10???? Awful. Slow jamming the news? Excruciatingly awful. De Niro was funnier and he only said about 4 words. The Set? Awful. The band? Not bad although they didn't look entirely comfortable. But it's not a band show, it's a talk show. This might be a funny show after a bit of time under it's belt (and a comedy injection into the host who appears to have undergone a sense of humour bypass sometime in his youth) but will anyone still be watching it? I might check it every once in a while but on first nights effort I don't hold out much hope for an improvement. Although in his defense he was just as funny in this as he is on SNL. Which was awful. It could have been worse though, they might have gotten Adam Sandler to host it instead. Just as well they didn't because I can't think of a worse word than awful (not one that can be used in a public forum anyway).

more like "late night with jimmy failin"

Author: soldier_of_fortune_2 from Canada
8 March 2009

i personally don't like Fallon's jokes, 70% of them just blow, they are nothing like Conan's, I've expected better jokes from him given it was his first show, the whole involving the audience in the show is pretty stupid, like why would i wanna stay up to watch a bunch of people licking random house items for 10 bucks???? this is just so lame, and yes Fallon made this for his first show, this is even 10X lamer than Howe Do it, Fallon is also pretty nervous during the show, and his squeaky voice doesn't help his cause, hes interviewing skills are very bad, even during the show he admitted that he put the audience to sleep by talking about trees, i think NBC made a big mistake putting Fallon on id rather be watching Carson daily.

Oh No You Didn't!!!!

Author: gohurdler1 from Califonia
4 March 2009

OH MY GOD!!!! Jimmy Fallon as host of "Late Night" was just so horribly painful to watch. I remember watching Conan O'Brien's debut and at least he was funny and used the being in the shadow of David Letterman to his advantage. Fallon basically tried using his high profile guests to carry him through. And no, I am not bashing Fallon because I was a super duper O'Brien fan. I have never really liked Fallon or thought that he was funny. He seems to have this goofball vibe about him, which he tries to use to slide through his performances. I didn't think that he was funny on "Saturday Night Live." Robert DeNiro looked as if he was in pain. The only time that Fallon was truly funny was when he and Justin Timberlake reenacted their famous Barry Gibb talk show skit, with Timberlake carrying Fallon.

I guess Fallon's movie career wasn't rocking and rolling like other SNL alums, so maybe that is why he took the "Late Night" gig. We will probably see as many big name stars or SNL alums during the first month of his debut, but if he doesn't actually get funny, NBC should definitely think about another host. Is Justin Timberlake available?

What started out awkward has become a hit!

Author: late-king from Canada
24 February 2011

Late night with Jimmy Fallon has become my favourite show on TV. I understand why there are many who don't like the show and I can't really blame them. The show started out very awkward and weird. You could tell that jimmy was nervous and new at this but if you've seen any of Conan's early episodes you can only have hope for the bright future ahead of jimmy.

When Conan left NBC, Late night with jimmy Fallon was the only talk show that was left that was kinda Okay. However over the past year Jimmy has matured into a hilarious improviser along with Steve Higgins and their chemistry is amazing. Those two make the opining monologue down right hilarious.

The show itself has also improved with funnier skits, and more A list celebs. And having Jimmy as a host is a great advantage. Unlike other talk show hosts, if jimmy sings with Paul McCartney, or talks about xbox games it comes off as believable. No one currently in this business other than him can pull these things off.

I'm writing this review especially due to this month of February 2011 which has had the best episodes yet. Hilarious and with amazing stars like Adam sandler, Jenifer aniston, Lisa menaly, and the hilarious tech expert Joshuah. Anyway, it sure has blossomed into a great show. Watch it.

This is supposed to replace Conan????

Author: wmoot599 from United States
15 March 2009

Let's face it, this just wasn't that good. Although the opening show had it's moments, especially with the slow jam the news segment. After that, the show just fell through, granted DeNiro isn't an easy interview for a veteran, let alone a newcomer to the late night scene. Justin Tiberlake saved it for his segment, but the whole thing just seemed way too focused on Jimmy, and not enough on his guest. His second show didn't get any better. Once again, a lot of potential, but just not enough talent. The facebook status was great, but not for a 5 minute segment. Jimmy Fallon laughs too much at his own jokes, running the delivery for 80 percent of said jokes. Jimmy just needs to get a lot more talented to make this show work.

So Far, it's Jimmy "Failin' "

Author: roy-wilson-1 from United States
5 May 2009

There must be a reason Fallon's monologues seem to be cut short; that being that he does not yet know how to deliver them. Given time, he might learn, but for now, this is no replacement for Conan! If Fallon does not want to become a late night footnote referred to as "Jimmy Failin'," he will spend some time watching old clips of Carson, Leno, Letterman and Conan, and put some serious effort into learning how to deliver a joke; blurting it out and laughing at yourself may have worked for small pieces on SNL, but doesn't cut it when hosting a show like Late Night. He can still succeed, but not unless he starts paying attention, and begins to realize that the show is about his guests, not about HIM. And please, Jimmy, stop SHOUTING the names of your guests when you introduce them! So far, it's little more than a "Wayne's World" imitation (apologies to Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, who actually did a better job). Hopefully, he will mature; the current insincere sucking up and giddiness is hard to watch.

Highlight of My Day

Author: bryn-s from Canada
24 September 2010

Jimmy Fallon is my favourite person on TV! I do understand that it wasn't as good at the start but I still stuck by and now it's a hit that I can't wait to go see live! Watching this is the highlight of my day so I urge everyone to watch it, 12:35 am. Mon-Fri on NBC. The bits, monologues, audience interactions and on-the-spot jokes definitely make my night. You can really tell that Jimmy loves what he does and when you have a host like that it's hard not to join in on the laughter.

I really like the way he interacts with his guests. Sometimes I don't like a certain guest but when they're talking to Jimmy I find myself laughing and having a good time watching it. So if you feel hesitant because of a certain guest, more times than none you've got nothing to worry about.

Let's not forget The Roots! They're pretty great.

So in conclusion, this show is awesome! I love it and everyone should watch it. Great Job!

He stinks.

Author: qormi from United States
20 November 2013

When he's not bashing republicans and laughing at his own jokes, he awkwardly conducts interviews where he basically interviews himself. His weird sidekick laughs at Jimmy as Jimmy laughs at his own jokes. Then, he does that boring thank-you-note routine or pretends he's a singer. The guy just doesn't have it and it's a mystery how he got this gig.He has all the sophistication of an immature teenager with the giggles. And now he's taking over for Leno? How is this possible? He couldn't host a Saturday morning kiddie show. He always claps when a new guest walks on.Then he sits down and claps some more. His interviews consist of unabashed butt- kissing to the extreme.Then he doubles over with laughter and clapping whenever his guest says something remotely funny. He is very childlike and covers his eyes with his hands as he "cracks up".As I am writing this,he is interviewing Andy Cohen and talking about bottling Lady GaGa's urine as a perfume and marketing it. He thinks "Ga-Ga pee", as he puts it,is extremely funny. Fallon's humor is geared to stupid people,like himself.

Awful Show!

Author: jfern280 from Miami, Fl
28 February 2014

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon is basically Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with a different name.

I don't even feel like I'm watching the Tonight Show anymore, new theme song that is moronic, the band is awful, and the cheesy jokes are just getting to be too much.

I see a lot of dancing and singing which at time is just too much in my opinion. I feel that if this keeps up NBC is going to have start looking for a new host or just please bring Jay Leno back.

This basically feels like a late night college party show. I'm getting tired of all the SNL people constantly coming on to help him out. Enough is enough with this dancing and singing fool.

Bring back Jay!

It's Getting There, Give Him Time to Grow

Author: maisely from United States
1 September 2010

I admit some of the comedy on this show is stale and not funny, though lets not forget that Conan O'Brien wasn't even considered funny until his 4th year! Jimmy is only on his second for crying out loud. And His monologue may be short, but I still laugh out loud at many jokes he says throughout. His skits are priceless, have me laughing out loud every time. Particularly the "Lost", "Glee" and "Twilight" parody. Though there are some things he needs to work on: Stop laughing at his own jokes. Get some fresh new writers. Get more interaction between The Roots and Jimmy. Get a longer monologue

Other than that Late Night With Jimmy Fallon proudly continues the tradition of the Late Night franchise.