IMDb > Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Page 1 of 48:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

If you can't enjoy this ride then entertaining you is a mission: impossible.

Author: pjvanes69 from Australia
7 December 2011

"Mission Accomplished"...

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is the forth film in the franchise (though first not to acknowledge its place in the title) and sees Tom Cruise reprising the leading role of the globe-trotting super spy Ethan Hunt. Throughout the series Hunt has evolved from team player to lone wolf and now in Ghost Protocol he must become a true leader of a team that, for the first time, he didn't choose.

The film blasts off into overdrive from the minute the gates open and rarely lets up, it's one hell of a ride and there's enough action and gadgets here to please any fan of the spy film genre. The plot is fairly straightforward; the bad guy obtains the key to the ultimate weapon and plans to destroy the world with it. Hunt and his team, working without the support of the IMF, must stop him at all costs. It has enough twists and turns to keep you engaged but it never gets so complicated that you risk getting lost while you're immersed in the mind- blowing stunt sequences. One thing fans of the series will probably notice this time around is that Hunt is more 'human' when it comes to the action than he has been in most of the previous outings. Not everything goes to plan and if he gets hit or falls down it hurts. Sure he's still a super spy and can do things most mortal men would never try in a million years but the added vulnerability and consequences of those actions gone wrong lifts the film to a new level and is one of the reasons it kept me on board all the way to the end.

If there is anything about this film that let me down a little it was the absence of a true 'super villain' like we had in MI3. Yes there's a villain and yes he's dangerous but there is something missing. I guess I could put it this way – there is no, Joker to Hunt's Batman. In MI3 things get very personal between Hunt and Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman) and that jacked up the menace and intensity of the conflict to a level you'd expect to see in the ultimate villain but in M:I-GP that level of personal rivalry between protagonist and antagonist was a bit lacking. It's not that Michael Nyqvist (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) didn't deliver a good performance in the few scenes where he interacts with Cruise, it's just that there are so few of these moments that he is, in many ways, almost like another one of his own henchmen and I mistook him for other characters on a few occasions.

Personally I felt a greater presence and sense of danger from the female assassin, Sabine Moreau (Lea Seydoux – Robin Hood), a beautiful yet malicious woman with a cold heartless gaze, completely devoid of compassion. In my opinion she'd have made a much better leading villain, especially as her actions do personally effect one of the team, but despite this little hiccup there is certainly more than enough obstacles to keep Hunt and his team busy and the audience well and truly entertained so this is really just nit-picking on my part.

After the relative disappointment of the second Mission: Impossible film, first time feature director J.J. Abrams (of TV's ALIAS and Lost fame) injected some much needed heart and soul into the third installment, expertly balancing a romantic subplot with the high-octane action sequences all fans demand of such a film. Although Abrams was not going to direct the fourth film it was reassuring to see that he was still involved as a producer so I had relatively high hopes that Ghost Protocol would live up to MI3 and I wasn't disappointed.

Like MI3 before it Ghost Protocol's director's chair is filled with another first timer of sorts and like the previous chapter that 'gamble' has paid off. Although Brad Bird is not a first time feature helmer this is his first foray into the world of live action so he might not seem to be the most obvious choice but there was never any doubt from either Abrams or Cruise about his talent and potential to deliver a great film. Bird's impressive previous credits include The Iron Giant, The Incredibles and Ratatouille (the last two having won Academy Awards for best Animated Feature Film). Like Abrams, Bird has also had great success on the small screen as an executive consultant on the Simpsons and I've been a fan of his work since chancing upon Family Dog (from Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories' series) in the early 90's.

Simon Pegg (Paul) reprises his role as Benji Dunn from MI3, the computer whiz behind all the action. Dunn has now graduated from a 'behind the desk cameo' to a fully qualified field officer and as a result gets a much beefier role in this mission becoming one of Hunt's rogue team. Pegg's natural comedic timing and likable charm adds a much-needed element of lightheartedness to the franchise that could have easily backfired had this role been miscast.

Rounding out the new team are IMF agents Jane Carter (Paula Patton – Deja Vu) and William Brandt (Jeremy Renner –The Hurt Locker), and both actors deliver solid performances. Carter is as sexy as she is deadly and Patton slips between these two persona's with ease while Brandt hides a secret past allowing Renner to show a vulnerability we're not used to seeing in the roles he normally plays.

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol delivers exactly the type of entertainment action fans crave and as a result it is perfect popcorn movie. If you don't enjoy this ride then entertaining you is a mission: impossible.

A fun, enjoyable action flick

Author: Marc Unknown from Australia
4 December 2011

I attended a VIP screening of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol last night at the Darling Harbor IMAX Theater in Sydney, Australia. Before the movie started, there was an introduction by Director Brad Bird, and by actor Simon Pegg where they shared how much they enjoyed making the film and shooting scenes in the IMAX format.

I won't get into the story too much as I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but the basic plot is that the Kremlin in Russia is bombed by a terrorist group and IMF is framed for it. Because of these actions, the president decides to activate Operation Ghost Protocol, which essentially means that the entire IMF organisation is disavowed, meaning Ethan and his team are on their own, and like the tagline says "No Plan, No Backup, No Choice".

The story I found to be quite solid. Nothing groundbreaking but enough to keep the interest of your average movie-goer.

The performances were generally good all around. Simon Pegg was enjoyable as Benji and Tom Cruise is always great as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton also gave some great performances.

The action sequences are where the film really shines. Not all scenes were great, I thought the bombing of the Kremlin used some very fake looking CGI which made it more humorous then intense. Also, some scenes seemed a little too far-fetched and made me think that Tom Cruise must be made of steel or something. But if you try not to look into this too much, then chances are you will enjoy the action. The fight scenes were done very well, incredibly brutal and realistic looking. The sound for this film really helped as you could almost feel every punch and kick as well as the explosions. The greatest scene for me was Ethan climbing the hotel in Dubai, the worlds most tallest building. Shot in IMAX as well, I almost felt like I was right there next to Ethan looking down from above. Huge credit goes to Tom Cruise for performing this stunt himself!

Overall, I found the film very enjoyable. I enjoyed it a lot more than the 2nd and 3rd entries, but the 1st has always been the best one for me. I would have given this a perfect 10 but it loses 2 points for the some of the action scenes being a bit silly and unrealistic.

A Potpourri of Vestiges Review: The Action flick of the year, should you choose to watch it!

Author: Murtaza Ali from India
16 December 2011

The long wait is finally over as Tom Cruise finally returns to the celluloid to reprise his epic role of the enigmatic IMF agent Ethan Hunt. The brilliance of Mission: Impossible III was marred by the infamous sacking of Tom Cruise by Paramount's owner and movie mogul Sumner Redstone, who blamed Cruise's bizarre sofa-hopping TV antics, and intransigent support of Scientology for movie's relatively poor show at the box office that resulted in losses of up to £75million in revenue. The sordid incident ensured that the wait for the next installment of the franchise had to be a long one. The half a decade lull that ensued saw Cruise's career sunk to a new nadir with movies like Lions for Lambs (2007), Valkyrie (2008), and Knight and Day (2010) failing to impress at the box office, while his contemporaries and coevals continued to tumble records at the box office, attaining new heights of fame and stardom. It is indeed ironic that Cruise's most impressive show in this interim has been his well-disguised cameo in Ben Stiller's Tropic Thunder (2008) in which he plays a the foul-mouthed, hot-headed, half-bald studio executive. But, every coin has the other part that completes the picture. While the things have been going a bit rough on the professional front, Cruise's personal life has finally been witnessing a much needed sense of calmness and stability. Such stability on the personal front can often lift a person's morale providing him with a sense of rejuvenation that can help him fare well in all the facets of life. Tom Cruise's rejuvenated self is pretty much apparent in the latest installment of the MI franchise, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.

Ghost Protocol takes the viewer on a roller coaster of a ride from Moscow to Dubai, all the way to Mumbai, never allowing a breathing space, keeping him on the edge of the seat throughout. MI – GP is indeed the quintessential action extravaganza that the ardent lovers of the genre perpetually anticipate to devour upon in order to satiate their ever growing hunger for unremitting action and adventure. Ethan Hunt is back in all his glory with some newly added dimensions to his old daredevilry that had established him as the greatest contemporary to Ian Fleming's larger than life human incarnate. As seen with Bond in Casino Royale, the key men behind the MI franchise have made conscious efforts to make the caricature of Hunt more vulnerable to danger and crises, and hence more human. MI – GP delivers everything that an action-movie lover craves for: suspense, intrigue, passion, daredevilry, razzmatazz, and much more. The adrenaline filled action is well complemented by the dazzle of the geeky gadgets on display and it is this synergy that makes MI – GP an incredibly sublime experience. The tremendous reputation that the high octane franchise carries meant the newly appointed director Brad Bird—mostly renowned for his animation flicks The Incredibles and Ratatouille—had his work cut out for him. Brad Bird has indeed been up to the task and has lived well to the expectations of Cruise and the entire production team led by J.J. Adams, who directed the third movie of the series back in 2006. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is packed with a plethora of action sequences that includes a shootout in Budapest, an escape sequence from a Moscow Jail, a sandstorm chase in Dubai, and a classic brawl in an automated parking garage in Mumbai. However, the sequence that stands out is the one in which Tom Cruise climbs the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa by clinging to it from the outside using suction gloves, giving the Spiderman a run for his money.

After the splendidly executed siege of the Vatican in the third installment, Ethan and his IMF team are on the lookout for some classified information pertaining to a Russian extremist Kurt Hendricks, which takes their quest to Kremlin. The covert mission goes awry as their plan is sabotaged by the personal intervention of Hendricks, which turns the tables on Cruise and his team rendering them sequestered and helpless. The questionable events that unfold at Kremlin, forces the US President to invoke the Ghost Protocol leading to the disavowal of IMF. Ethan and his team, which includes the computer geek Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg), agents Jane Carter (Paula Patton) and William Brandt (Jeremy Renner), despite their severe handicap are the only hope left at preventing the diabolical duo of Hendricks and his stalwart Wistrom from fulfilling their demonic mission of global destruction through a nuclear war. Simon Pegg as Benji is spot on with his persiflage, and his nonchalance adds a much needed levity to the otherwise tense plot. Paula Patton as Jane Carter is a treat to the sore eyes: her imperial gait, upright posture, predatory agility, dusky complexion, steamy mystique, athletic built, curvaceous figure, and apparent haughtiness make her an object of envy for males and females alike. Her ethereal presence undoubtedly leaves a lasting impression on the viewer. The introduction of Jeremy Renner as William Brandt adds another layer of intrigue to the plot of MI – GP. Brandt's enigmatic part allows Renner to depict a wide array of emotions that his previous roles couldn't offer. The over-hyped inclusion of veteran Indian actor Anil Kapoor in the MI – GP cast is undoubtedly movie's greatest disappointment, especially from the perspective of Indian cineastes, as the actor fails to make an impression during his ephemeral performance.

Overall, MI – GP has managed to raise the bar for the Action genre. Indian movie-makers, who have recently started to delve into the genre, can look to take a note or two out of MI – GP in order to iron out the usual glitches. Despite the occasional lack of coherence in the plot, MI – GP works quite well at almost all the levels and promises to be a great entertainment. 8/10

www.apotpourriofvestiges.com

Bigger, better, Mission: Impossible

Author: carry-92 from Germany
18 December 2011

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise as a person and that sometimes influences my opinion on a film. Even with this point in the back of my mind I must say that Tom Cruise still got it. He's a fantastic actor who doesn't even chose to have a stunt double in MI4. I couldn't even think of trying some of these. Now to the main film. You may think it's going to be just like all the other action movies and all the other Mission: Impossible parts. But with every new part of the series it gets even more spectacular: the equipment is beyond imagination, the locations are mind blowing, the secret plans are super clever, the characters are cool and smart. Also the trailer was that good that I just wanted to see this at the movies and couldn't wait for it to be released. I haven't seen any MI film at the movies and this was definitely a great decision. The best action film in years.

I'm giving it a 10/10 because there was nothing I didn't like about this movie and it was worth every cent!

Mission Impossible to Resurrect Franchise: Solidly Accomplished

Author: theycallmemrglass from United Kingdom
9 December 2011

Saw this at a London IMAX press preview screening.

Clearly JJ Abram's mission impossible, should he choose to accept it, is to lead a talented team to resurrect a declining franchise and re-ignite it with renewed vigour and a very high dosage of fun and entertainment.

I'm glad to say, mission highly accomplished.

Brad Bird's first time direction of real actors (must have been a shock when they talked back at him) exhibits the same zestful energy and fun that we got from his animated films such as The Incredibles. Though not with the subtlety of his Iron Giant but this is Mission Impossible, so we cant expect that kind of subtlety here.

Story is outrageously OTT and thats how it should be for a franchise that violently throws plausibility out of the window with much deliberation. Not much else to say about the story apart from the fact that it can easily be translated into a Bond movie. We're in that kind of villainous territory here and it is fun.

The action sequences are inventive, relentless, fun and tense. Some scenes are filmed in IMAX format and when seen on an IMAX screen, are breathtaking and immersing.

As well as Brad Bird's energised and retro direction, the cast really sparkles too. Cruise rocks as an action stunt hero. In fact more so now than he ever did. His traditional self stunt work in this series continues to impress particular in his skyscraper scenes. There is also more playfulness and assuredness in a role he has now worn into nicely. Simon Pegg gets a delightfully big promotion to join Hunt's team making us laugh throughout the movie. And Paula Patton adds an elegant sexiness to the MI team missions. Another new addition to the team, Jeremy Renner also gels smoothly into the squad.

This film has drastically rejuvenated the franchise that I now highly anticipate further adventures of Ethan Hunt and his new vibrant team, equally or even more so than the next James Bond movie.

Ethan Hunt is Back in Action ...

Author: Prince AJB
17 December 2011

... and he's climbing the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa of Dubai. Not only he's ascending the super-tall structure, he's going to infiltrate the Kremlin in Moscow, chase people in a huge sandstorm, and of course ... save the world.

The story: the IMF is accused for bombing the Kremlin, although they were not actually the perpetrators. Due to this, the IMF is shut down and "Operation Ghost Protocol" is launched with Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise), Jane Carter (Paula Patton), Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg), and William Brandt(Jeremy Renner), a group of 4 people being what is left of the IMF. Together, they find that there was another person behind the bombing code-named "Cobalt" and he has a plan to ignite a nuclear war which he believes would begin the next stage of human evolution.

From beginning to end, I was hooked by all the action scenes. The action scenes and all the moves are spectacular. The hand-to-hand combats, the chase scenes, the gunfights are very well-done and spectacular. The cinematography was excellent and one of the best in years.

Of course, the Burj Khalifa scene was the trademark of the whole film. Ethan Hunt climbing the Burj Khalifa was thrilling enough. But with a limited time, having trouble going back down, and running around and swinging around the structure just quickens the pace of the story and makes the scene very stylish. This scene is just outstanding and will be one of the highlights of the film.

The acting was very well-done. After 5 years of absence in the series, Tom Cruise still got his spy skills here. Paula Patton's bad girl character is very well-played. Simon Pegg as the clumsy-but-genius Benji Dunn was amazing. Jeremy Renner as the so-called-analyst-but- actually-IMF-agent William Brandt was stunning and great. The performances of the actors/actresses are very strong and convincing.

I love the technology used in this film. They are just unreal. A device that lets you float using magnetic attraction. A device that copies the scenery behind and displays it into a screen that allows you to deceive other people who are looking at the screen. A suit that turns into a casual jacket when you wear it inside-out. All of these devices are creatively made and looking at them being operated is just so fun. And be sure to see the amazing BMW Vision (a futuristic, BMW concept car) in a scene set in Dubai. (Also, this movie is keen about BMWs.)

The mission tactics are also ingenious. The tactics are very smart and are very entertaining. How they create diversions in the most unlikely situations and the scenes involving the composition of a plan keep the film in a constant quick pace and increases the suspense of the film. When they take their tactics into action, that's where they get more interesting.

The comedy here adds up the fun in this film. Sometimes, prolonged scenes of action are just too noisy and make the movie feel plain. But not here. The comedy scenes here act as intervals between so we don't always see long, noisy, and bloated action scenes (major trouble of "Transformers") and make sure that we have a perfect dose of both.

All these elements are very well-done and balanced and together form a suspenseful, fast-paced, and thrilling, yet funny action ride worth to experience. I think we should thank genius director Brad Bird for successfully revitalizing the movie series. This movie is just brilliant and I think it's because of Bird's genius directing.

Final Verdict: With fast-paced directing by Brad Bird and exciting action sequences, yet with funny moments, this movie is a thrilling ride worth to experience.

Rating: 10/10

Thanks for reading my review on "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol". I hope this review is useful.

Disappointing due to hollow screenplay, incomplete IMAX and primitive plot

Author: ionov from Moscow
18 December 2011

A very much expected X-Mas premiere disappointed me very much.

The plot is primitive, except for the first 15-20 minutes most actions are predictable with virtually no drama. Action scenes are made with some care but are very mechanical.

The Burj Dubai (Khalifa) was where we expected some stunning blood-freezing action and there it was the action but blood did not freeze... The Moab scene in MI2 was one -- I clearly remember the cinema audience holding their breath, and one cannot stop comparing these two...

Those who go to IMAX version will be specifically disappointed when they realize only few sequences are filmed in IMAX format whereas during the rest of the movie you see coarse film grain and other low-res artefacts of a regular movie format blown to a huge IMAX screen as ... Why is that, dear Tom & Brad, the budget did not allow more?

In the absence of real or virtual drama the whole thing becomes flat and boring -- I wish they considered hiring Robert Towne again, for example... .

It is not very often that some characters are so irrelevant to the plot that а movie could live without them. Despite superb acting of Mashkov (russian cop Sidorov) I really miss why this character is in the movie at all ! Take him out and... nothing changes !

Paula Patton (Jane) - I am sorry but Jane is as "persuading" in the role of a field agent as Halle Berry was in JB Arctic story.

I'd better stop now and will not go into smaller details (read- spoilers). The nice side is that at least some of the sequences ARE filmed in IMAX, the opening soundtrack seems to have been re-recorded and is excellent, there are some nice areal IMAX shots of Dubai and Mumbai at night. Most of Moscow seems to have been shot in Prague or Wroclaw and does look very fake.

What else - Tom plays as he usually do but because of the primitive plot and dull screenplay there is nothing left to remember or comment. Knight & Day is what You remember, not MI-4.

I personally believe any review/rating higher that 7/10 for this one is a 90% fake ("stimulating") whereas 8-10/10 ones are 103% such.

The best 'Mission Impossible' yet is also our pick for the best action film of the year

Author: moviexclusive from Singapore
14 December 2011

Summer is usually the time for big loud action-packed blockbusters like this, but let us tell you right at the start that none of the bombast we've seen this summer compares to what lies in store for you in the fourth big-screen adaptation of the 1970s television series. This is hands-down the best action film this year, boasting some of the most exhilarating action ever captured in a long while. It also restores Tom Cruise's marquee value as an action star, and we dare attest that any naysayer to Cruise's ability to resurrect the franchise he almost drowned will be silenced once they see what he does on screen.

Indeed, the last 'Mission: Impossible" from 'Alias' and 'Lost' creator J.J. Abrams was then easily the best of the series- though all that positive word about it couldn't quite triumph the bad press surrounding its star and producer Cruise's erratic behaviour. So 'MI3' ended up hitting a nadir for the franchise at the box-office, and Cruise's star wattage has never since fully rebounded. Trying to restore its lustre wasn't a mission impossible, but it was going to be an uphill task as well- if not only for the fact that it had to better J.J. Abrams' solid work.

That gamble has however paid off with an unlikely bet- choosing animation hero Brad Bird from 'The Iron Giant' and 'Ratatouille' to make his first live-action film. Bird is also of course the director of Pixar's 'The Incredibles' and there is certainly the same pulsating energy running through every frame of 'MI4'. From the very beginning, Bird places his definitive stamp on the series with a classy opening that sees IMF operative Ethan Hunt breaking out of a Russian prison. That sequence, which combines Dean Martin's 'Ain't That A Kick in the Head' with Steve McQueen's 'The Great Escape', is carefully executed and fluidly filmed- and both are signature attributes of Bird's style throughout the movie.

No 'Mission Impossible' film would be complete without the exotic locales, fancy gadgets and big explosions- but there is a certain finesse by which Bird assembles all these elements together into one package. So even as the setting moves from Russia to Dubai to Mumbai, even as the gadgets grow increasingly fanciful (one especially nifty device is a nifty retina-based mirror-like screen) and even as the explosions get more colossal (how about blowing up the Kremlin?), Bird never lets the adventure get frenetic, alternating confidently between quiet tension and full-blown action to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Riveted is what you'll be as Hunt and his team infiltrates the Kremlin to steal some classified intel about the Russian extremist Kurt Hendricks (Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist from 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'), then hoodwinks two sets of bad guys just one floor apart atop the Burj Khalifa, and then races against time literally in the crowded streets of Mumbai to stop Hendricks from precipitating an all-out nuclear war between the United States and Russia. Each elaborate setpiece is in itself a spectacle, and watching them unfold one after another quite simply takes your breath away.

But the most awe-inspiring- and worthy of singular mention- setpiece is Cruise's vertiginous climb up the glass exterior of the Burj Khalifa using suction gloves. It is Cruise himself way up on the 130th floor, and the authenticity of it shows in every second of Robert Elswit's breathtaking cinematography that is enough reason alone to catch this in IMAX. It is even more heart-stopping than you can imagine, not least when Cruise is left dangling with just one glove after the other malfunctions. Nothing else quite comes close to the sheer dizzying excitement of this sequence- not even the intensely gripping race- against-time climax with a good-old fistfight between Hunt and Hendricks in an automated parking garage.

Yes, Cruise isn't one to rest on his laurels, and at the age of 49, the extent to which he commits to perform the stunts in this movie by himself is simply amazing. When he is not attempting some death-defying move in the air or for that matter on the ground, Cruise uses his immense charisma to deliver a slickly captivating performance as the leader of the disavowed IMF. He also enjoys great chemistry with his supporting players- the tech whiz Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg), the tough sexy female player Jane Carter (Paula Patton) and last but not least the enigmatic analyst William Brandt (Jeremy Renner). The banter between Cruise and Pegg is particularly enjoyable, the source of most of the movie's comic relief.

Their wisecracks may at first seem at odds with the gravity of the situation at stake, but ultimately these lighter moments provide a light zesty touch that ensures the movie doesn't sink into its own self- seriousness. Besides these instants of levity, the script by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec works hard to spin an intriguing espionage plot amidst the action set-pieces that harks back to the Cold War- though admittedly their most glaring failure is in creating a more compelling villain than simply another madman bent on world destruction. They fare much better drawing links between this instalment and J.J. Abrams' last, especially in explaining Hunt's absence from duty as well as Brandt's mysterious past.

Still, story isn't its strong suite, and Bird knows that well enough to keep most of his cards close and revealing just enough clues to keep his audience hooked. But the 'Mission Impossible' films were always going to be about delivering thrilling blockbuster entertainment, and it is in this regard that Bird truly shines. To say that the action on display is exhilarating is merely an understatement, and let us reassure you that the extra bucks you will shell for an IMAX ticket is worth every additional cent. It is quite simply the best 'Mission Impossible' entry yet, and the best action film you'll ever see this year.

Weak plot and screenplay...watch it if you're easily amazed

Author: sarosh-mohammad from India
18 December 2011

I'll skip the details about the plot because you'll find it elsewhere and go straight to the weaknesses.

There is no doubt that the Mission Impossible series has always been an out and out action series and you never could expect anything more than that. However even going in with the same expectations I must say I came out disappointed. A lot of people will tell you that the action scenes were amazing and indeed they were. I can imagine how much hard work went into making those shots possible like the one on the outside of the Burj Khalifa and the one in the parking lot in Mumbai. But there is a fine line between making amazing stunts and making improbable stunts and MI4 erred on the wrong side more often than not.

I can start by pointing out things that Tom Cruise did that would even make Batman proud, for example falling from a good 10 feet and hitting your face onto a steel bar and coming out unscathed. there are many more but I don't want to point them all out and look like Im nitpicking.

Coming to the story line I must say I actually groaned when I figured out this would be yet another "Russia attacks US with nuclear missiles because of some misconception" kind of a story. Also there wasn't enough detailing given which left holes the size of craters in the plot.

On the plus side however is the cinematography which is spectacular. From Kremlin to Dubai to Mumbai, the cities have been captured beautifully which made it feel more like a Travel show. the acting is decent too.

However I must say I did not watch it on an IMax screen and I guess that did take away some charm.

So finally I'd say you can watch it if you're easily amazed. But honestly I'd watch the Bourne series again instead of MI.

Excellent: The MI Series Still Going Strong

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
15 June 2012

This was a fun movie to watch; much better than I anticipated. Usually sequels have totally run their course by the fourth time, but not so here. In fact, this might even be the best of the Mission Impossible films.

It has a good mixture of interesting action scenes, suspense, drama, humor, great scenery of Venice, Italy, and fine acting. Nothing is overdone to the point of being too much and, as most MI films go, it has the normal espionage-type intrigue to figure out.

It's just plain entertaining. Kudos to all: the director, the actors and the special-effects and cameraman. A superb job done all around.

Page 1 of 48:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]