IMDb > Slightly Single in L.A. (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Slightly Single in L.A.

Slightly Single in L.A. More at IMDbPro »

She is never alone, but this is her town now I guess.

Author: Jesse Boland from Burnaby, BC Canada
2 November 2013

She is never alone, but this is her town now I guess. Good enough barely.There are some touching moments tucked away in this bit of fluff, and you will find them worth your time getting to. Very by the book chick flick stuff, but the important thing is it's Lacey Chabert in a not made for cable, Hallmark family thing, or some voice over gig, or the dumb girl in the back. She is finally in the lead roll, just too bad that it had to be in this movie most of you would never watch Thirst so it doesn't count(but it was awsomer than this one). To wrap up it could be a good movie, the characters are real enough, and you do get into the story which is why you are watching so I say Enjoy it.

I blame the turkey for this turkey

Author: Lindsay Filz from United States
28 November 2013

It's amazing what a Thanksgiving food coma will do to a girl. Case in point: I watched this entire film. The entire bloody thing. Those are 90 minutes I will never, ever, be able to get back!

Oh. Holy. Hell. What did I do????

To say the writing is insipid is being generous. The dialogue is downright lame, and when it's delivered by actors who seem completely unenthusiastic about appearing on camera, the entire thing is just painful. The tragedy here is that I have seen all of these people, every one of them, in roles that showed they are actually capable of acting. It's like they read the screenplay, realized that no one was ever going to see this piece of tripe after all, and then decided to dial it in. From Norway.

I'd suggest you skip it, but if you're determined, make sure you've stocked up on a bottle or three of wine first. It's the only way you'll survive.

How is this less than 90 minutes?

Author: awesomiste from United States
15 April 2016

It felt like hoooouuuurs. It's only 88 minutes long and even that was entirely too long for this story. It dragged on and on with its predictable plot and unnecessary side plots.

And what is WRONG with these people? They are one-dimensional cartoon characters. No one has any kind of real personality, with the exception maybe of Zach. His character seemed completely bewildered the entire movie at the insane behavior of everyone around him and it was unbelievable that he didn't leave them all in the dust and move on.

Also, kudos to Drew for leaving the insane age-and-wedding-obsessed Jill, though skipping out on the wedding wasn't the best choice of breakups.

I will close with this: the first-person narration by the main character made me hate Lacey Chabert's voice by the end of this movie. I swear, I developed a tic. Save yourself 88 boring minutes and go bake some cookies or something.

This Movie is Awful

Author: Magnimus Stryker from United States
9 December 2012

It is supposed to be a romantic comedy; but it is neither funny, nor romantic. As someone who knows several Angelinos, some of whom are actors, I find the depiction of actors in this movie very misguided and unrealistic. A similar option would be Hollywood Sex Wars, that movie is actually entertaining, funny, and has twists and turns all through the plot that are more interesting. Also, the characters in Sex Wars are more realistic than in Slightly. I like a lot of movies where suspension of disbelieve is crucial to the plot; but this one, without being sci-fi or fantasy totally failed the suspension of disbelief test. I simply refuse to believe that there exist women as stupid as the protagonist. Awful date movie, too. Sex Wars might be a good date movie if the girl you asked out is into raunchy humor. This movie is trying to be a RomCom (and failing epically), and RomCom's are the last type of movie you should ever choose as a date movie, especially if it has no explicit sex scenes (Only spinsters with a house full of cats watch that kind of crap). Your average straight up comedy with a romantic subplot is much better. I got laid after watching Anchorman, for christsakes, and I got a beautiful baby out of that deal. One star for Slightly Crappy RomCom.

OK, I watched it. There.

Author: petarmatic from Sarajevo B&H
10 March 2014

I do not know how I came to watch this film. I guess my friend who recommended it to me does not understand that these types of films are not for me. Since I do not have anything better to do today, I will write a review for this movie although I do not know was it a good idea. Plot. It is a typical teen to early twenties movie. Hollywood with its glorious roads, streets, shops, studios and sprawling neighbourhoods is a great setting for a film like this. I love California and the fact it gave us Hollywood. Plot is really, well you can find a lot of similar plots on a web page;) Dialouge was not that empty, there were some good dialogues here. It was not THAT bad. Acting was OK for this kind of film. I survived worse. All in all if you are a teen dreaming about Hollywood and its glory this is a film for you. Otherwise, loose no sleep over it if you do not get to see it.

Endearing, Hilarious Chick Flick!

Author: nsoofi
12 February 2013

I recently watched Slightly Single in L.A via the HBO download. I wasn't sure what to think by the trailer, as it seemed like it was going to be a rip off of Sex In The City, or something. But the jokes in the trailer were funny, and the cast seemed great. Long and short - what an endearing, sweet, and funny movie. It's defiantly a chick-flick, and the comedy and jokes all play to a female audience. It's clever, and quick, and most certainly lives up to the title. On that note, I wasn't sure what to think of the title 'Slightly' Single in L.A., as what does 'Slightly' mean? But having lived in L.A., dated in L.A., and now having watched this film -- I agree with the writer, Christie Will, that everyone in Los Angeles is always 'Slightly' in a relationship. Like Dale says in the movie - always looking for the bigger better deal. Lacey Chabert is adorable in it - you laugh at her, with her, and then feel for her dating struggles, and life journey. Jenna Dewan is also perfectly cast as her vixen best friend, along with Haylie Duff (who is so funny as Jill). I also really laughed at Jonathan Bennett, and Chris Kattan; and Kip Pardue (as Zac) is is sexy and down to earth. I think this ensemble is one of the best I've seen on TV in a long long time. The writer and director is Christie Will, and from reading about her on-line, it seems this story might be somewhat autobiographical. I really like her sense of humour, and direction, and I plan to watch all her films now. Anyhow, I highly recommend Slightly Single in L.A. if you want to watch a real film, about dating and friendship. Note: it's only available on-line (just search).