IMDb > Tromatized: Meet Lloyd Kaufman (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Tromatized: Meet Lloyd Kaufman

One of the best Troma films out there, yet it's not Troma!

Author: Travis Phillips (travis_phillips@aol.com) from United States
3 April 2012

I have always been fascinated by the films Troma has put out over the years. I grew up on Toxic Avenger and all those wonderfully, low budget movies. Tromatized was a film on prescreen.com that I watched as soon as I got my subscription. What I really wanted was to know more about the man behind the mask, Llyod Kaufman, which, unfortunately, the movie failed to do to where I felt satisfied.

The movie was very well put together and flew by. I enjoyed the insight the film did bring to Lloyd's life, however I felt it was missing the heart. It could've been a very warm film, from a passionate director who produces horrifying images on screen, which would be the "catch". It failed to do so, but by no means does this make the movie a flop. It's very much the opposite.

It was a delightful film, with the typical gory, gross images you've come to expect from a film about Llyod or Troma, which will not attract anyone who is turned off by the independent legendary studio from New York. Although, even if you have a slight interest in their movies, I'm sure you will walk away inspired.