IMDb > Disaster Movie (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Disaster Movie

Disaster Movie More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 37:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

An honest comment from someone who has actually seen the movie

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
29 August 2008

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the way everyone talks about these guys are as if they are on America's Most Wanted List, boy there is a lot of hate before the release date of Disaster Movie. They have brought us the "stupid" comedies like Date Movie, Epic Movie, and Meet the Spartans, pretty much all those movies have had the same hate, I can understand why. Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are like the kids in high school who just cruised by, just failing every class possible, being happy with the C's and D's, then they somehow get into Princeton because their parents had money or something, it's the exact same thing with movies. The way that I just happen to look at these movies is that they are like a MAD TV spoof, just mindless entertainment. I hated Date Movie, didn't mind Epic Movie, liked Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie is a notch lower than Meet the Spartans. We have recycled jokes from the guy's previous movies, jokes that drag on and on to the point where you'll tear your hair out, and is of course, made badly.

Will has had a dream that he feels like the end of the world is coming. All of a sudden the city is attacked Cloverfield style, he and his friends run around trying to find shelter and figure out what is going on while bumping into one celebrity after another. But even Batman, Iron Man, The Hulk, and Hancock can not save this world. Will and his friends realize that they have to save the world on their own and fight evil chipmunks, aliens, and flying cows.

Disaster Movie, actually does have a couple laughs, I will admit that, I nearly died laughing during the Alvin and the Chipmunks parody, it was so badly funny, I just couldn't help but laugh. There are just some fun moments, I think it's ridicules that some people can not admit that. That's the reason for my title is because I saw a lot of comments from users that didn't even involve them seeing the movie, they were just complaining... this isn't the IMDb that I know, it's silly that people are just putting on comments that have nothing to do with their opinion on why they hate the movie before they even see it. Back onto the movie, my main thing that I'm upset with, this movie didn't need a script, it seems as if Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer just made it up as they went along. For some reason we have movies that were literally just released last month like Wanted and Hancock, not to mention The Dark Knight. I think they just coursed their way through this, while the movie has some funny moments, my HONEST opinion, if you want to see this I suggest the rental, this is straight to DVD quality.

here is a list of some things that are funnier than ''Disaster Movie''

Author: peter1-8 from Australia
2 October 2009

Here is a list of some things that are funnier than ''Disaster Movie'':

Events: * The Black Plague * The Columbine High-School Massacre * The Enron Scandal * The Great Depression * Hurricane Katrina * The Iraq War * Krakatoa * Mt. Vesuvius * September 11 2001 * Titanic * World War I and II

People: * Adolf Hitler * Al Capone * Attila the Hun * Blackbeard * Caligula * Charles Manson * Ed Gein * Elizabeth Bathory * Idi Amin * Ivan the Terrible * Jeffery Dahmer * Josef Fritzl * Josef Mengele * Joseph Stalin * Kim Il-sung * The Ku Klux Klan * Nero * Osama bin Laden * Pol Pot * Saddam Hussein * The Taliban * Torquemada * Vlad the Impaler

Diseases: * AIDS * Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis * Bubonic Plague * Cholera * Chronic Diarrhea * Cystic Fibrosis * Dysentery * Ebola Virus * Gonorrhea * Herpes * Leprosy * Mad Cow * Malaria * Necrotizing Fasciitis * Polio * Rabies * Scurvy * Smallpox

Other films: * Antichrist * Audition * August Underground's Mordum * Blue Velvet * The Boy in the Striped Pajamas * Cannibal Holocaust * Goodbye Uncle Tom * Gummo * Happiness * Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer * I Spit On Your Grave * Irreversible * Men Behind the Sun * Mysterious Skin * Once Were Warriors * Requiem for a Dream * Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom * Schindler's List * Taxi Driver * Vase de Noces

Misc: * Alcoholism * Anorexia Nervosa and eating disorders * Arson * Bestiality * Cannibalism * Capital punishment * Castration * Child abuse * Colonoscopies * Coprophilia/phagia * Drug abuse/addiction * Electric torture * The gassing of cats and dogs that have been abandoned * Genocide * Human sacrifice * Losing one's favorite childhood toy * Mustard gas * Necrophilia * Neo-Nazism * One's grandmother dying * Pedophilia * Racism * Rape * Religious intolerance * Stillborn babies * Suicide * Walking on broken glass * Working on weekends

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Author: chrisrich7777 from United States
29 August 2008

First things first: disregard the rating above because they don't allow for rating low enough for this movie. I would honestly say 0 for real numbers although negative would be more appropriate since I left the theater feeling worse than when i entered.

Next, I have to preface this by saying I only watched the first half of the movie. I'll also add that I have never walked out of a movie theater and i would have walked out far earlier if I were by myself. Luckily i saw it for free so those idiots who made it will get no profit from me.

I presume that this movie is meant to be a comedy yet in 45 minutes i did not even chuckle at the movie. I laughed at my friend's face because it matched my own: "Why are we subjecting ourselves to this?" Crude humor can be funny, idiotic humor can be funny. Somehow Disaster Movie takes these kinds of humor to a lower level than I have ever seen. I have seen nearly all the other movies of this variety and they had some remote humor, this had none.

I do not think hallucinogenic drugs could have salvaged this movie experience.

I felt like someone should make a TV infomercial warning against these movies. Like the ones that tell kids not to smoke or say "If you have mesothelioma you are entitled to monetary compensation, call this number for details."

If I had possessed the materials I would have made a shirt to warn people constantly about this.

Please do not see this movie. Although if you know someone you need to get back at tell them to see this.

A Movie That Made Me Cry

Author: jneveau85 from United States
29 August 2008

I normally don't cry in movies. Forrest Gump, Big Fish, Schindler's List, and many others have passed before my eyes, and not a tear has been shed. I consider myself a lover of cinema, with an appreciation for the art of film. I love many genres, including comedy, action, and of course, zombie movies. All of this aside, I watched "Disaster Movie" this afternoon, and it elicited one emotion from me: Anger.

I have never been so irritated in all of my adult life by a movie. I have watched these cretins put out all of this filth that masquerades as "entertainment", and have held my tongue until now. I will say this right now: anyone who finds these movies entertaining should be ashamed of themselves. I generally believe that people can have whatever opinion they want, but people that actually like these movies are contributing to the downfall of the art form of cinema. By encouraging LionsGate to continue making these horrendous movies, all we are doing is perpetrating a cultural crime that we may never be able to fix. I grow weary of the multitudes who flock to theaters to see this garbage, and I weep for the future of our nation if this is what passes for entertainment these days.

None of the jokes are funny. The parodies of films like "Juno" and "10,000 BC" fail to amuse, and even the lampooning of unexplainable culture phenomena like Hannah Montana and Amy Winehouse is an exercise in futility. No one has ever tried to do more with fecal matter and farm animals than this movie did, and it failed miserably.

I beg all of you, as a lover of movies, not to see this film. It is an absolute atrocity, and I guarantee you will feel stupider for having watched it.

PS: I work at a theater, so the only reason I even saw this movie was for job purposes. I didn't pay to see it, and neither should you.

Someone please kill Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer

Author: femaleanimefan from Ontario, Canada
30 August 2008

If nobody does, I will. After the critically panned Date Movie, Epic Movie, and Meet the Spartans, these two assholes decide to make another. It's the same formula, they make fun of popular movies in a tired, unfunny fashion.

I saw it with a few friends, hoping maybe I could get maybe one or two laughs out of it (I didn't expect anything). When I came out, I was seriously stunned at how lame the movie was. One friend actually liked it, all I had to say was, "What have you been smoking lately?".

I'm not even going to bother explaining the plot, since there really isn't a plot at all. All I can say is, don't waste your money watching the film. It contains no genuinely funny humor and is one of the worst movies ever made. And everyone thought Meet the Spartans bad, wait until they get a load of this one.

100% Disaster !!

Author: desire_911 from Qatar
31 August 2008

Why i went to the midnight showing of this movie i don't know but i guess its better then buying a ticket to this movie. Honestly i cant say i have ever seen a movie as bad as this in my entire life. This movie makes gigli look like an OK movie. There isn't one funny moment in the entire movie it is basically all crappy acting mixed with crappy comedy. The only way you could possibly find this funny is if you are high or have an IQ lower then 30. Kim Kardashian and Carmen ELectra's acting is so atrocious i actually kind of felt sick while watching it. I mean you would be way better off watching KIm's sex tape cause at least its more entertaining then this movie. I highly advise everyone to not see this movie ever and try to get these to directors to never make another god awful movie again. Its kind of sad 2 grown men find this funny. PATHETIC

Who the hell says teens watch this?

Author: Gunmaster45 from United States
31 August 2008

I wish this thing has a lower rating than one, this horrible excuse for a movie, deserves it over and over again. First off, these movies are NOT fueled by dumb teenagers foolish enough to watch them. I'm 15 and even I know this is the biggest garbage ever. I don't watch these movies since Date Movie, because I learned right there that these movies suck. I went to a it with a friend and basically went to see how much it would suck. It sucked major ass. I walked out after a half-hour and hassled for my money back. When was the last time there even WAS a disaster movie? Juno, 10,000 B.C., Don't Mess With the Zohan, Indiana Jones, these are completely irrelevant, as are the hundreds of unfunny jokes ripped off the comedies they spoof (which is stupid as it is to spoof a comedy) and made them even less funny.

Because of this movie, I will probably never watch MadTV again because it ruined my opinion of many of them. They give pathetic, poorly performed excuses for "acting", and showed how horrendously unfunny they can be. (It's worse than when Tina Fey left SNL).

If you want comedy, don't watch this, spoofing is an art, a talent few posses, and these two jack-weeds don't posses it AT ALL. If you want to see good comedy, go to the store and buy Kentucky Fried Movie, Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Scary Movie 3, and Superhero movie, because those movies are actually hilarious. Some less than others, but SM3 and SHM are far better than 10 Disaster Movies.

So anyone who says that dumb adolescent teens fuel this garbage, think again because this stuff is garbage and I don't watch garbage. (this was an exception because people like my friend fuel this garbage :P.) This films will give you AIDS, makes you lose your hair, make you go blind, become flacid, makes you get a purple sock, this movie will destroy you and your sense of humor. Excuse the graphic descriptions, that's what it does to you, on the inside. DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. IF YOU DON'T WATCH THIS, THOSE DUMBASSES WON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FUND THIS GARBAGE. THINK OF YOUR FUTURES! WHAT IF 80 MORE OF THESE FILMS ARE MADE WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE AROUND. THINK OF YOUR CHILDREN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

Not worth the admission

Author: evileatinggrasshopper from United States
30 August 2008

Went to see it with a friend at the spur of the moment. I haven't seen the other movies of this kind besides the first two Scary Movies. We ended up being the two oldest people in the theater (21 and 22). While the masses of preteens behind us laughed hysterically at the minute long belch session, I was exchanging horrified glances with my friend. It was pretty terrible. If you took a bunch of 6th graders together and told them to put together a skit in about 5 minutes, it would probably look something like Disaster Movie. The only moment we laughed was the chipmunk scene. Seeing them head-banging just seemed hilarious at the time, maybe because everything else leading up to it had been so mind-numbingly terrible. It's not worth the price of admission. The was one good thing about the movie though. The night felt so anti-climactic after that film, that we decided to go to Atlantic City and had a blast.

Don't even bother...

Author: evan_295 from Canada
29 August 2008

I just finished viewing Disaster movie on opening night. I came in with no expectations at all due to being tired of these spoof movies since Meet the Spartans, but I had to go in since I couldn't see Death Race. So when I was viewing this movie I really thought nothing could make me laugh. There were no character developments, there were no disaster movies spoofs(the only disaster things happening in the movie were meteors falling which were only 2 by the way). To tell you all the truth, I only chuckled once or twice(at the Juno parts). The rest of the jokes were either dumb, immature, or just recycled garbage from past movies.

So to tell you all right now I have to say one thing about this movie: Don't see it, it's no improvement from previous spoof mistakes.

Rating: 1 out of 10

Oh my god, this does not look at all good.

Author: iamjonnyd from United Kingdom
29 August 2008

Now, this is review is just based off of the trailer, but still. I saw the trailer when I went to see get smart. Which I liked. But anyway from the same lame brained idiots who brought Date Movie, Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans comes Disaster Movie. What's wrong with this movie? For a spoof film to have no satirical content and just have footage of superheroes flying into walls and various other stupidity. And what the hell is up with the Juno and sex in the city bit? That is without a doubt the weirdest bit in movie history do you really think the woman who wrote Juno is going to see her characters baby kick a woman in the face and go, oh I got burned. Also what's with the bikini girls running away from meteors? That's just kind of sexist.

The plot is ridiculously thin it's just people avoiding meteors. There's less plot than in Pee Wees adventure where he just loses a bike. Aaron Selzter and Jason Freidberg had better stop making movies because they are just wanting money.

Page 2 of 37:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]