IMDb > The Bleeding (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Bleeding

The Bleeding More at IMDbPro »

It's best to avoid this turkey....

Author: TheOpinionGuy from Sweden
13 September 2010

Another one of these vampire wretchedly unwatchable effort. Poor acting, cheap effects, script prob written on a hankie. The dialog in this movie is just plain dumb and too juvenile. The story was such a mess that I hardly cared about what was going on. This was one of the worst movies I ever attempted to watch. Until now , i knew that there are Movies , low budget movies and B movies. Now i suppose we have to welcome " C movies ". Believe me, you have a lot more fun looking out your window, if you do not have a window, staring at your wall will give you the same excitement. When the history of film making is written, there will have to be a whole book written about the time idiots got their hands on video cameras and decided they could make a movie. If you have not seen this movie yet, then don't. it's best to avoid this turkey you are now warned.

A Convoluted Mess, Not Sure What It Was Going For

Author: gavin6942 from United States
18 January 2011

A man's brother apparently dies in combat in the Middle East. And yet, this same brother is somehow connected to Cain, a vampire clan leader. And there is a legend of a slayer... and some muscle cars...

A film so simple as this should not be so hard to describe, but it is. Someone wanted to write "Blade", but it was already written. They also wanted to write "Fast and the Furious", but that idea was taken. So, what did they do? They meshed them together in one film, threw in some other nonsense, and made a film. It took almost two years to get released, and I am not surprised.

First of all, I cannot stress how much the main character (Michael Matthias) wants to be Vin Diesel. He looks like the Wal-Mart brand of Vin Diesel, Wal-Diesel or something. And how DMX is thrown in as a guy who knows way too much about vampires and somehow knows a slayer when he sees one... not sure why.

Vinnie Jones plays Cain, and it is nice to see him with (presumably fake) hair. But this is not a great role for him and makes his acting look terrible. Michael Madsen is Father Roy, and while I always enjoy seeing Madsen, he does too many genre films with people who cannot bring out his best. Aside from Tarantino's films, what is the last great thing he did? Katherine von Drachenberg (aka Kat Von D) also appears.

The plot holes, time line, and more just do not add up on this to a decent movie. The acting is weak, the directing is decent, though it is clear the emphasis was on the action and not the acting. The director's background is as a stunt man, and I can easily say the stunts here are just fine... the film is, however, a mess... and I do not know who to blame first.

Symbolic of everything wrong with action/horror hybrids today

Author: lovecraft231 from United States
6 March 2011

When you look at the cast for "The Bleeding", aside from star Michael Matthias, this looks like a dream cast for people that watch direct to DVD garbage. Vinnie Jones! Rapper DMX! Michael Madsen! Armand Assante! Tony Schiena (here billed as "Johnny the Perv")! UFC host Rachael Leah! Reality star Kat Von D! It looks too good to be true, like the ultimate DVD movie cast. Well, it was actually released exclusively in New York as far as theatrical releases are concerned, so it's almost a straight to DVD movie. It's also bad-and I mean painfully so.

Shawn Black (Matthias, who also serves as a producer-this is essentially a vanity piece for the him) has returned from Afghanistan, with his parents murdered, and his brother dead in battle. Well, it turns out his brother is now a vampire named Cain (Jones), and that he is "the slayer", or a man who must vanquish such evil from the world. Aided by a rather gun happy, unorthodox priest (Madsen), Black must go to an abandoned factory turned nightclub, where Cain and his vampire brethren are hiding.

A pastiche picture mixing "Blade", "From Dusk 'till Dawn", "The Fast and the Furious", "Boondock Saints" as well as other obnoxious Tarantino knock-offs and at one point, a pinch of "Hostel", "The Bleeding" is symbolic of everything wrong with action/horror hybrids today. The editing is all over the place, the action scenes aren't all that exciting, the score is a strictly pro-tools affair, the direction is lacking, and you really don't care about anything that happens. In a lot of ways, this is also reminiscent of a lot of bad direct to DVD action movies, but this one takes it to different levels. The whole thing is lazy, and clearly made to be a breakout vehicle for poor man's Vin Diesel star Matthias. I mean sure, the gore and make-up effects are good, and there's boobs, but it isn't anything you haven't seen already.

To make things worse, nobody here really seems to give a damn. Several of the stars-Assante, DMX and Kat Von D-are merely given tiny roles and cameo appearances, with DMX only being there to provide crucial plot information and get killed off, Von D to get some blood on her after biting a girl's neck, and Assante being a poor man's version of an old western movie standard (he even calls the movie "a futuristic western" in an interview that serves as a special feature.)

The rest of the cast doesn't even seem to be trying for the most part. DMX is clearly just there for the paycheck, while even Matthias and the narration he provides seems to be screaming "get me out of here." Only Madsen and Jones seem to be trying, and even they can't do anything worth a damn due to the script-Jones in particular is given a goofy looking wig and bad American accent. The movie can't even work on an unintentional comedy level. One liners meant to be cleaver are just awkward, and even the site of Vinnie Jones in a bad 70's exploitation hair style can't register.

"The Bleeding" is just bad, and even not on a camp level. It's just painfully bad, and the kind of thing that usually get's dumped to DVD and forgotten and is not given a weekend long theatrical run. Avoid like a vampire shown a crucifix.

My eyes... they burn!

Author: noobdust from United Kingdom
23 February 2011

This film was a new and interesting experience for me. I've never before in 33 years of living had the overwhelming urge to rip my eyes out of their sockets while microwaving my head until now, thanks for that. I've tried and tried to think of one positive aspect about this film and the only thing that I keep coming back to is... it ended. The acting was god awful, the plot was gibberish and the effects look like a two year old had been put in charge. Some of the actors in this have been in many good films but I have no idea what they were thinking getting involved with this one. Madsen, Jones and Assante have all had some great roles but every time Vinnie made an appearance in this one I just wanted to laugh. About as scary and intimidating as a bit of tissue stuck to your shoe. Avoid this film as if it was made from anthrax clothed in a 3-piece suit of the plague, on fire, carrying a machine gun that shot bullets made from herpes.

Worst Vampire Movie Ever

Author: bnelly1987 from United States
17 February 2011

To start this off let me just say the only reason I registered myself on IMDb was so that I could warn you in advance to not see this movie. I am all for bringing back the blood and guts that use to be what vampires are about but I would sit through Twilight a dozen times before I watched this movie again. Why can't I erase these memories from my brain!?

So how else can I convince you to not watch this movie? Don't even torrent it. That will just waste memory on your computer. If you have ever seen a B-Movie then you still haven't seen acting worse then this. Have any of you seen "Sharktopus"? Give those guys the Oscar because their talents as actors blow the cast of "The Bleeding" out of the water. I would start comparing the cast of "The Bleeding" to some not so reputable adult films but I would rather not lose my membership here so I will just leave it at that.

Should be sucked dry!

Author: globalhunter22 from United States
7 April 2011

This movie is hysterically bad. Michael Matthias who stars as vampire hunter Shawn Black is downright lifeless. His acting ability throughout the movie is borderline comatose. With his monotone voice and inability to deliver a performance that barely rises above a common high school play. One would think that with all his brawn, he could bring his physicality to good use. Nope! To make matters worse, the head vampire played by Vinnie Jones, has to be one of the dorkiest vampires ever filmed. He makes weird faces toward the camera and is about as scary as a wet noodle. My goodness, even the action scenes are boring! Combine that with terrible special effects, rapper DMX screaming, and a shoddy script. It certainly has plenty of shortcomings. I usually can find something redeemable in most films, but this is pure trash.

Worst film ever!

Author: Cactus from United Kingdom
18 February 2011

I was laughing at how disappointed i was with this film.. Poor acting.. Poor camera man.. Poot effects was just plain feces.. To be honest the only we rented (thank god it was a rental) it was because it had Vinnie Jones in it.. But i'm sorry to say even that was disappointing..

THERE ARE BREASTS IN THIS FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES. . IM STRAIGHT AND FEMALE AND THAT WAS THE ONLY INTERESTING PART!!!

Avoid this film at all costs!! The teeth gave the vampires a lisp! It looked like a really bad scooby doo episode to be honest i kind of wanted the gang to pop up at some point.

All in all it gave me a few giggles but not because it was supposed to be funny. . Because it was that bad, i fell asleep during this at least twice.

Hmmmm!

Author: peter-2395 from United Kingdom
3 October 2010

Now, I never write reviews or complaint letters to anyone. I'm an observer. However, I can't possibly let this one go without comment.

The short synopsis and cast list I read before watching ticked all the boxes for an enjoyable movie for me, so I sat down eagerly to watch it. How wrong could I have been? It is by far the very worst thing I have ever witnessed on screen as far as I can recall. It has not one single redeeming feature. Not even Vinnie Jones, or Michael Madson. They are hardly Hollywood's greatest actors, I know, but they do have some credibility and have been in some great movies - Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Snatch, Lock Stock..

The concept is fairly sound, if not a little cheesy. The execution, however, is profoundly dismal. The 'story', as it is, is so badly written and portrayed that I actually laughed out loud at the inept stumbling from one scene to another. The acting is some of the very worst to reach the screen and would shame even my five year old god-daughter at her nativity, especially the Vin Diesel wannabe lead character. The direction seems almost absent, as though the film makers just left the actors to it! The script, if there actually was one, is so very, very poorly written and delivered that it may actually make more sense to watch with the sound on mute.

I could go on, and feel the urge to do so. but I'll wrap it up. I spent good, hard-earned money on this movie and feel so very let down. I doubt most film makers could come up with anything as bad as this if they actually tried to make the worst movie ever. There must be some very embarrassed people who agreed to work on this film without knowing how it would finally turn out. Seriously, don't waste your time or money.

The Boring

Author: ApocryphalBob from United Kingdom
9 October 2010

Stupefyingly dull, atrociously scripted, risible effects, less action, humour, excitement than an average episode of the A Team. A real actor (Armand Assante) does a charity visit for about 3 minutes and is never seen again. Another real actor appears (Michael Madsen) and simply makes you spend the rest of the movie thinking to yourself 'Why Michael? Why?'

The dialogue is just one pathetic and banal cliché after another. The voice over narration just highlights the terrible dialogue and the wooden delivery from the movies lead actor who I won't even name in the hope he never makes another movie, unless it's possibly as a stunt double for Vin Diesel. I will not even donate my DVD copy to a charity shop, I would feel so bad about palming it off on someone else.

No redeeming features at all.

This movie annoyed me so much I signed up for IMDb just to come here and disparage it.

Terrible

Author: bod33 from United Kingdom
17 September 2010

This is one of the worst films i have ever seen.

I put this on with an open mind and while i new it was never going to be a masterpiece i was totally unprepared for just how bad this movie is. Micheal Madsen and Armand Assante are not A list stars,but they must be completely broke to have agreed to star in this pile of utter garbage. I am still in shock at how bad this movie is.

In summary.

Bad acting, bad story, bad effects just plain bad in every aspect. Usually B movies have some sort of redeeming features and can kill some time if you are bored. Not this movie so avoid at all costs.