IMDb > "NCIS" About Face (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"NCIS" About Face (2008)"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" About Face (original title)

« Prev | 111 of 307 Episodes | Next »

A good addition to the series

Author: dagget_says_hi from Australia
2 September 2008

NCIS is one of the better crime-related shows on TV - it's no mystery. When it is up against the repetitive "CSI", the pathetically weak Australian series "Rush" and "Law and Order", NCIS takes the cake every single time.

"About Face" shows the NCIS team dealing with a body found in a construction site. Ducky's Medical Assistant, Jimmy Palmer, a somewhat minor character who has been in the entire series, really shines in this episode. When Palmer is targeted by a killer, Palmer is the only one who can identify him - making him the killer's target.

Brian Dietzen, who plays Palmer, gives a great performance in this episode. His screen time is throughout the entire episode which is a nice change from his usual 'few line' episodes.

This is a great episode of NCIS and really proves that after four seasons, a show can still be great.

Navy link?

Author: onehalfofteamrocket from United Kingdom
4 May 2009

This is a great episode. They've been consistently excellent throughout the series even with a new director. It's good that Jimmy Palmer (Brian Dietzen) got an episode that was 'his own' because he's always been slightly overlooked. He and David McCallum are great together how they always argue because they get lost on their way to the crime scene. I guess what I don't get about this episode is why NCIS got the case in the first place because there seems to be no navy link. NCIS only deals with cases related to the navy but the victim was just a normal guy so surely the regular cops should work the case? I watched the episode over again and there seems to be no mention of why the case was given to NCIS. It's the only bad thing about this episode. One of the best of season five. Palmer is much more entertaining than Gerald.

Just a comment on the first quote in the quotes section

Author: ziz1387 from United States
25 December 2008

First of this is a great episode. I saw a few clips of while flipping channels before I started seriously watching NCIS and I still remembered the episode clips when I re-watched it today, even those I first saw that several months ago. I started watching NCIS because a coworker mentioned how much she liked the show and that she thought I would like Abby, but one of the main reasons I started watching was because of Michael Weatherly who plays Tony. I have seen him in so few things, but my favorite was his role in Dark Angel. Dark Angel is one of and perhaps my favorite show of all time. So I can't help but point out when Tony says or does something that reminds of things Logan of Dark Angel said or did. There was another time this happened in the episode "Hiatus (Part 1)" when he made a comment about the likeliness of him hooking up with Jessica Alba comparing it to finding something on the case. And as I already knew and the trivia section of that episode, Jessica Alba, his costar on Dark Angel, dated and were engaged for a time. My point about the quote (while it took me long to get to it), is that Tony pokes fun at McGee for being afraid of heights, but in Dark Angel Logan was deathly afraid of heights. I just thought it interesting but maybe it isn't that interesting.