IMDb > "NCIS" Internal Affairs (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"NCIS" Internal Affairs (2008)"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" Internal Affairs (original title)

« Prev | 108 of 333 Episodes | Next »

Be a man Tony

Author: d_spych from Canada
18 December 2016

This episode was astonishing because of its great number of twists and turns. Many spoilers ahead. At first Jenny is everyone's prime suspect to the FBI's investigation of La Grenouille's death. It's obviously her that killed him. Upon reviewing the autopsy, Ducky's conclusions lead me to believe that it was Jasper, Jenny's supposedly dead father who kills La Grenouille. This hypothesis is justified because he knew and didn't defend himself against the assailant. These allegations are then followed by the big mess with Jeanne and my heart skipped a beat when Fornell stated to Tony: you killed La Grenouille. At the end, there is a shocking discovery that La Grenouille put back the director's gun.

There were tons of emotions in this legendary episode but like every good NCIS episode, there was also lots of humour. The beginning, Tony and McGee's purely professional relationship, Abby's interrogation many other funny scenes occurred during this episode. Tony's character development is pushed further than ever when he has to confront Jeanne. Anyone who says Tony can never be serious has never seen this episode or Requiem. This episode also had some character development for Gibbs. He's covering for Jenny yet he knows he mustn't be personally involved in a case (rule #10). This leads me to believe that he may think there is more to it and even though Jenny is with holding evidence she is not actually the one that killed La Grenouille.

Another thing I really liked about this episode is that a lot of the pieces of the puzzle were put together. We got to see a lot of scenes from season 4 and the season 5 premiere Bury Your Dead and we saw how all of this comes together. Not quite though. There is still the shocking plot twist at the end of the episode that is yet to be solved.

This is not your ordinary case. We got to see an great amount of excellent, awesome episodes this season most of them cases (ex: leap of faith, chimera, ex-file, identity crisis, dog tags etc.) but now we go to see a different kind of awesome episode. This episode had it all: suspense, unthinkable plot twists, excellent character development and a shocking finale: 10/10.