IMDb > "Supernatural" Long Distance Call (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Supernatural" Long Distance Call (2008)

« Prev | 58 of 266 Episodes | Next »

SHA33 – The Phone from Hell

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6 September 2009

When Dean and Sam read on the newspaper that the banker Ben in Milan, Ohio, has just committed suicide after receiving a long-distance call, they head to his house to investigate what might have happened expecting to face a demon. They find in the caller ID the number SHA33 and sooner they discover that it is an ancient phone number with more than one hundred years, and that Ben that he had received a phone call from his sweetheart Lynda that had died years ago, but his wife had heard only static. Dean and Sam find in the phone company a list of people mysteriously contacted by the number SHA33, and they disclose that all of them had received a phone call or a computer message from a beloved deceased person trying to persuade the listener or user to commit suicide. When Dean receives a phone call from his father, he believes that the phone is from hell and he asks who the demon that holds his contract is. However Sam finds that they actually are fighting against a Crocotta, an evil being that feeds of the soul of his victims.

"Long-Distance Call" is another engaging episode of Supernatural, where Dean fills with expectations of finding the demon that holds his contract, but in the end, for his disappointment, he finds that the phone SHA33 is not from hell. Clark Adams, the Crocotta, is a creepy creature and the special effects are excellent. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "O Interurbano" ("The Long-Distance Call")

Sha33

Author: zombiehigh18 from Egypt
9 November 2011

On "Houses of the Holy" Sam was the believer while Dean was the skeptic one. But when John is involved and Dean is running out of time, it is actually the other way around. Dean still believes in his dad and is desperate enough to buy any story, while Sam still has his doubts about John and wants hard proof.

This episode is good but could have been better, I thought the pace sometimes boring, but I enjoyed Dean's reactions to John's call as well as his facial expression when the man demanded the reason for Dean being in his house. I like it when Dean tells Sam that Ruby can't help him and the brothers have a little tiff about keeping secrets from each other.

The ending scene with Dean confessing that he is scared then turning the mood lighter with one of his jokes ("Do you want a poem?" "Moment is gone") was nice, but I found Sam a bit too cold on dealing with Dean's blind faith.

Good show

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
29 May 2008

I like this show. Started slow, but the episode picked up as the show progressed. I wonder if the slow start was the directors intention? Phone calls from the dead cause people to die. Dean hears form what could be his father? Can Dean's dad be real? Sam is the realist for a change of character while Dean is not. A major story change for the series! The plot twist at the end is great. I never would have guest. The part where people have more communication, but less community is so true. We live in such a society where people try to grab hope through new technology. 8 out of 10 for the show. I wish season 3 could have been longer.

Super episode

Author: dsd1 from Canada
22 June 2008

I loved this episode. It took my breath away right from the start. Seeing Sam fight the bad guy at the end was amazing.The emotion at the end of this episode where Dean says I don't want to go to hell was great.I also found it great where we got to hear John Winchester on the phone that was excellent.A well acted episode that kept me going. The phone company in this episode was great for wanting to trackdown a phone number.Sam and Dean in every episode make a great team.The fight scenes in this episode were amazing.The villain was out of this world for incredible.Just a great episode.This had a lot of heart. One show that is truly outgoing.It will be great if we see a season four.Keep it coming.Rock on.10 out of 10.