IMDb > Hit and Run (2009) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Hit and Run

Hit and Run (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

After a slow start this film turns dark and ugly. It will hang with you

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
19 January 2009

Driving home drunk a young lady hits a bump in the road and thinking nothing of it continues on her way home. Later that night hearing noises she finds that the bump wasn't nothing, rather it was a man who is now mashed into the grill of her car. Deciding against calling 911 she chooses to finish the guy off and then bury him out in the woods. Unfortunately he's not dead and he's really angry. Dark film starts off some what by the numbers, but then things slowly turn darker and darker with more than a few twists turning things rather black. The power of the film is not so much from anything in the film so much as from the progression of the story. There is a nice internal logic that keeps you sitting on the edge of your seat wondering where this nightmare is going to go. Worth a look see, though if you're like me don't be surprised if this think hangs around the edges of your mind.

Hit and Run: Don't Drink and Drive!

Author: kyleallen_9 from United States
17 February 2009

Alright, I really enjoyed this movie, but it compared to I Know What You Did Last Summer. This movie featured the hot Lauara Breckenridge, recently seen in 2009's Amusement. In this stalker shocker, she plays a college student who is trying to enjoy spring break and winds up having too much to drink one night a a bar. Believing that she is good enough to drive, she winds up accidentally hitting a man on a dark road, but doesn't realize it until she gets home. After trying to cover up the accident, she and those around her begin to be stalked at every turn. I really enjoyed this clever thriller and i definitely recommend it those who are looking for a movie to watch with friends. Also, the DVD cover is really neat!!

What the . . .

Author: chicagopoetry from United States
12 January 2009

To tell you the truth, I don't know what to think of this movie. On the one hand it's pretty creepy, nightmarish and well made, but on the other hand its entire premise is weird and ridiculous. I seem to remember many years ago a true story about a woman who hit a guy and drove all the way home with him crushed to the grill of her car. Well, that's the way this movie starts, so much so that you might think that it's based on that story. And for the first half of the movie, that's the way it plays out, as sort of a drama about how this woman who has killed a guy with her car is coping and trying to cover it up. But then all of a sudden it turns into Saw Part Seven the gore fest as the hit and run victim isn't really dead but is now a raving psychopath hell bent on torturing Mary the drunk driver. What the. . . There's just no point to this movie and I guess that's why it is so demented and hilarious.

Members of MADD won't exactly get a kick out of it, because the victim of this drunk driving accident is a crazed lunatic wielding pruning shears, unless this is a vision of DUI hell. We can't root for the girl either, because she's a stupid bimbo who, after all, did run over a pedestrian after binge drinking at a bar, and then re-kills him, like, four more times. Even though this movie is totally absurd, I have to admit I had a ball watching it--and Laura Breckenridge is a fabulous actor--so that's why I'm giving it a seven. But, come on, the guy should totally open his eye during the last scene; that alone would make it an eight.

Funny and scary

Author: Nick Damian from Toronto, Ontario
15 February 2009

This is a funny movie and a scary movie, a senseless movie and a stupid movie. It has all the elements that make up a good movie, but yet it is still not a good movie.

It's not a bad movie either...how can this be?

It has scary parts. It has funny parts.

Every few minutes the story changes...but one thing is sure...it's vivid.

With a small budget to most people...but more than my weekly paycheck, this is an entertaining little feast that would be best viewed when drinking some hard liquor, eating a good pizza and smoking some fine herb or whatever your choice of recreation is.

Just with the knowledge that you don't hop into your car afterwards before you sober up.

I would have liked to see the dead dude open his eyes or crack a smile at the end.

what the hell...

Author: janetteleelee from manchester
9 August 2010

this is still a pretty fun attempt to bring 1960s B series to film. One of the best things about it is the narrative creative, vivid direction, that captures the spookiness of the events. It's a tale that has several different horror themes usually tempered with some dark comedy on this obnoxious party girl that causes havoc.

Despite some missteps,it offers up good gory fun. Some of the acting is good, too, particularly the man who gets hit.

I think it's pretty clear that the amount of enjoyment you get out of this movie is directly related to how sick your sense of humor is. Those people with a fairly big tolerance for sick humor, such as myself, will like it.

pretty decent

Author: camillepap from United States
12 January 2009

Watching "hit and run" is not a comfortable experience. Beyond the obvious gut-wrenching events of the film, it will make you wonder. "What would I do in a similar situation?". the story is pretty ambiguous which is good. you don't know who to sympathize with. Emser or the girl.

One thing in my opinion is the angles. Maybe to much camera angles. it's very fast.

The lead actress does a cool job with the nature of her dilemma. She's believable.

Overall, it's a pretty decent and fun B-movie to watch.

Delirium of horror

Author: joeampfan from United States, CA
12 January 2009

Interesting plot, pure minimalist horror. It starts off well when Mary Murdock (played by Laura Breckinridge) drives home drunk from a party and has a near-accident on the road. She thinks she just missed a tire in the road, but she has another thing coming. Later, she discovers a half-alive dude dangling from her bumper in the garage.

He tries to kill her, then she accidentally kills him and then her whole life and all her plans turn upside down. Some have compared this to a similar-themed movie "Stuck" or "I Know What You Did Last Summer", but beyond the obvious plot of the beginning, I didn't see the similarities. For example, in "Stuck" the girl knows she's hit a guy and doesn't do anything about it. In this movie, she doesn't realize till later and ends up being stalked by him.

The action sequences were not bad, some very exciting. It had some eccentricities and odd things that made it stand out from the usual fare. Like the whole thing with her being tied to the bumper... I hadn't seen that before in these kind of movies. One thing is there could have been a bit more suspense in the middle part. It seemed like the film went into her 'delirium' mind so much we lost touch there for a while with reality, but maybe that was the point. The actors are fine (Kevin Corrigan as the wacky bi-polar psycho is freaking weird), creepy mood and there are some unexpected moments.

Shatters the horror fomula in a good way

Author: eboogyman from NY, NY
16 February 2009

I wouldn't consider this really a horror film, it's more of a thriller in the sense that typical horror films stick to a strict formula. Killer preys on victims then victim eventually wins. This movie throws that all out the window. I wanted to make this a spoiler free review so without going into specifics, you have a difficult time trying to decide who the victim actually is. How do you define victim? Usually in horror films it's clear, here, its not because the victim and the killer behave in ways you don't expect in a typical horror fashion.

The story structure is a journey of what to do next and then it turns that formula completely upside down when the main character who is in the driver seat becomes the passenger along for the ride. The character in the "killer" role takes you to unexpected places with satisfying results.

You never know what will come happen next with this movie, and that's the fun of it. I recommend it for those looking for something different.

Psycho-chiller

Author: funnybonez6 from USA
30 May 2009

"Hit and Run" is one of those films that has thrills and scares the spectator really well when it works. Some of the action sequences are exhilarating, especially toward the end and especially for a low-budget horror flick. The scenes in the dark woods were good. I only wish the part with her tied to the bumper as the car drives crazy through the night would have gone on longer. The story is pretty tight and if you don't like a lot of padding in the story, this one is pretty straightforward, with a couple of good twists here and there. A mood of paranoia and uneasiness to boot for 84 min, fairly short and sweet.

Laura Breckenridge was a surprisingly effective scream queen (and she looks great in wet clothes). Chris Shand as the loser boyfriend, and of course the bad guy nut-case freak Kevin Corrigan (The Departed, Goodfellas) as the deranged psycho. Overall, I'd say while this had some quirky unexplainable moments, it had what I basically look for in a horror movie, some gore, scares and suspense.

odd little horror gem

Author: groovewithtim from FL, United States
21 January 2009

"Hit and Run" is a cool little low-budget horror that is more than meets the eye, IMO.

One of the wackiest horror films I've seen in a while. Cm'on the girl's tied down on a bumper with Xmas lights and taken for a wild ride on those dark roads as revenge? You got to be kidding me! Great stuff. Spooky too. I thought the film plays as a piece of black comedy and horror which makes it pretty bizarre and worth watching, especially for a dtv. It's a blend of teen horror and suspense that is fairly unusual and at some point, enters horror la-la land. The film kept my interest throughout. For a little while, it moves along predictably, and then it takes a turn for the unexpected stuff and sections of action.

The lead actress (Laura Breckenridge) delivered a believable performance. The bad guy Kevin Corrigan does a good job as a school teacher who becomes a deranged weird villain after being buried alive. What's up with those teeth, man. If you enjoy some sick humor, then you might get a lot of joy out of this film, and it works pretty well as a straight horror film too.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]