IMDb > 7 Angels in Eden (2007) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

7 Angels in Eden (V) More at IMDbPro »

oh please noo

Author: pistu34 from Hungary
4 June 2008

Please, I understand that we need B movies. But this is already C. The concept I'd like because I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies. But this script just cannot decide how it should actually define itself. Once it's really a post-apocalyptic vision, then it's a dull horror movie that wants to scare you with beast sounds and awful camera movement closing on the actors, then it becomes a circus of freaks as new "survivors" pop up just because the scriptwriter ran out of ideas. I really don't understand why to do such movies in the 21st century. Avoid this movie if you can. You'll be claiming the runtime back from your life after watching it.

A Home video

Author: Jeff V from United States
11 May 2009

This looks and sounds like it was shot with a home video camera (it MIGHT be in stereo; but forget anything more). The look is like your video camera. Truly like a home video. These people did run it through a Mac or some PC software to add weird color schemes to certain scenes, and some minor effects.

The story might have been more engaging if shot and edited professionally. The camera work and lack of editing made it tedious to watch.

I coulda made this with my girlfriend, neighborhood kids, a couple of friends, and my PC. Even the scenes all look local to the location (hey let's go over to that road that heads out of town for the truck scene, and out to the tree by the barn for the confrontation scene, etc.).

The acting is on par with a friend's and neighbor video as well.

C - Movie Anyone ?

Author: ichocolat from i1chocolat.blogspot.com
4 August 2008

There's a category called B Movie, basically where all horror movies that that are either low-budget, not scary, really bored with no horror scenes, (or all the three mentioned) is placed. However, this movie doesn't even deserves to be in this category. It is all that plus it is pathetic, and with the notion that this film is made entirely for the sake of making it, with no regard to the quality or to the basics of filming.

The scenes are mostly in sephia color, which is not very good for the eye. However, some people might find it unique and thus liking it.

Credit has to be given to the portrayal of the 7 deadly sins, namely pride, extravagance, sloth, greed, wrath, gluttony, and envy.

I want my hour and a half back!

Author: Chad Ford (ChadFord3@gmail.com) from Dallas, Texas
23 October 2008

A friend of mine rented this thinking it might be a good movie for a low budget laugh. All I can say after watching it is Euugghh. The only reason i saw it all was for the train wreck effect. I just couldn't look away.

I've seen beginner student films with more storyline than this... I hesitate to even call it a horror film. It wasn't scary, it wasn't interesting, it wasn't much of anything. It wasn't even bad enough to laugh at. The script was SO bad, the effects were the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of bad indie horror films.

The lead guy was not believable at all. Seemed like his only motivation was just in it to kiss a few pretty girls. Makes for a pretty shallow character in my book. I just saw on here that he's also the writer/ director. This must be how he tries to pick up girls... by casting them.

The female lead, Mia was a good actress and the evil angel girl was pretty decent too. They were the only thing that kept me watching this stinking pile. These were also the girls Mr Lead guy was out to kiss. I wonder if these girls were on to this guys game.

Anyway, long story short... Don't rent this film unless you're wanting to tie someone up and torture them!

Wickedly weird

Author: midgetsanddonkeys from United States
5 June 2008

Basically filmed and edited like a dream sequence, this film does take you to the other side. Excellent cinematography. Very good camera work and editing. A lot of the film is filtered in a sepia tone type coloring, with lots of starkly contrasting images. The acting is also well done, especially some of the "7 angels." The seven angels are basically the seven deadly sins. And the story is the lead actors' journey through temptation. Not a whole lot of action, but some blood and sex. It gets a little slow in parts, but the characters make you like them enough to want to know what happens to them. The film's design was also very well done. Props that are prominently placed but seemingly have no connection, will crop up later in the film. It does a good job keeping the weirdness and dream-like quality going throughout the movie. Not for everyone, but if you like weird, thought-provoking movies, I recommend this one.