Somehow I Don't Feel So Dumb

Author: Brian Washington (Sargebri@att.net) from Los Angeles, California
30 March 2010

This has to be the best show on TruTV. It is probably the only show were you can look at people who are just as dumb as they are criminally minded. What really makes this show so good is the fact that they cast members who are notorious for doing some rather stupid things themselves (Danny Bonaduce, Tonya Harding and Leif Garrett) readily admit to their foibles as they constantly rip on the dumb criminals that constantly show up on the show. Also, the show doesn't just concentrate on criminals. They also show people who do stupid things such as fighting, partying and just general idiotic behavior. TruTV definitely has a winner with this show.

One of TruTV's best yet

Author: jts0405 from United States
10 December 2008

One night in July I was watching Speeders on Thursday night like I normally do when an advertisement for this show called The Smoking Gun was advertised to be on after Speeders. With the B list cast that have all been in trouble with the law before making fun of stupid people it did look promising. So once both episodes of Speeders were over, I kept on the channel to check out this Smoking Gun show. I have to say that the first time I saw it, it was hilarious. I continued to watch it and tape it in my DVR. I am glad I found out about this show because even though it may not have the top stars in Hollywood, it does deliver a good amount of laughs each episode. I look forward to this show now along with Speeders every Thursday. This is truly one of TruTV's best ever.

Very funny and entertaining

Author: ASpiralingRedDream from United States
21 August 2010

World's Dumbest is better than any Funniest Videos show I have ever seen. The comedians are for the most part funny, and although some are not, the show is always a joy to watch. TruTV is becoming one of my favorite channels, and this show only proves that. The countdowns are a problem however, since a lot of the time it seems like they are really just in random order and not in order of how extreme they are, but still, it makes for a very entertaining hour. I hope to see more of World's Dumbest and this show could definitely give more shows of this kind a run for their money. See this TV show, and also, heck out Most Daring and Most Shocking as well

I love World's Dumbest. The ONLY thing worth watching on Tru TV

Author: U.N. Owen from NYC
11 April 2012

I've been watching World's Dumbest practically since it 1st aired.

While it's not 'high brow,' it IS funny. The old adage, that says you throw enough stuff at a wall, and something will stick, is true. Like a burlesque comedian, who just keeps spitting out jokes,the large cast provides enough material,that there's something EVERYONE will find funny.

My personal raves are (in alphabetical order); Danny Bonaduce, Todd Bridges, Judy Gold, Brad Loekle, and Chuck Nice. My absolute LEAST favorite is Frank Stallone (ugh!)

There are a bunch of 'one-offs' - people who appear for an episode, here and there,mso the cast is always interesting.

It's been a staple of mine, to watch World's Dumbest every Thursday night, before bed, for a number of years now.

It's the only thing on Tru TV that's watchable.

Far from funny.

Author: kroberts1986
31 March 2014

I've been watching this show lately, and I must say that it is terrible. They show clips of dumb people, then have "comedians" interrupt the clip every 3 seconds to make jokes about it. The comedians constantly say lame, scripted lines.

A couple of them are almost funny, but 99% of the jokes are just cheesy and not funny at all, they're more annoying than funny. I think the show would be funnier if they just played the clips.

I guess this could entertain some, but it is just plain terrible in my opinion. I give it 2/10, and the 2 stars are just because they do show some good clips. But the clips are ruined for the most part by the constant cutting to the cheesy comedians.

A guilty pleasure (and the only TruTV series I will watch)

Author: lemon_magic from Wavy Wheat, Nebraska
5 March 2012

As a previous reviewer noted, "World's Dumbest" succeeds for me where most of "TruTV's" output fails because it has a nice "Mystery Science Theater 3000" feel to it. Where the serial reality shows are centered around about contrived situations and shock value and feature drama queens, narcissists, white trash, and dumb people who don't realize they're dumb, "WD" is all about poking mean fun at the kinds of people that the rest of TruTV's programming wants us to be fascinated by.

I tend to enjoy the later episodes of WD more - the producers figured out which members of their "celebrity cast" work well in this format as the series progressed and dropped the commentators who really had nothing funny to say or simply weren't inherently funny.(For instance, Gary Busey is an awesome actor, and Harlan Coben is a great writer, but in this format they weren't very good.)They also learned to play to their strengths as comedians and as commentators.

I also prefer the episodes featuring would be daredevils and drivers who are only really guilty of not understanding how gravity and momentum work, as opposed to the the ones about the jerks, drunks, and creeps populating the episodes about criminals and partiers. But that's just me.

The other appeal of the show is seeing people like Tonya Harding and Danny Bonaduce (who used to be the kind of people who would be featured in these clips) admit to their own failings and bad choices in their earlier years. (Bonaduce in particular is enoyably wry and droll.) In this format they come across as somehow "realer", more human and likable...sort of a implied moral that even stupid narcissists can survive the worst excesses of pop culture and come out as wiser and happier people.

The absolute worst.

Author: jamescrosse from United Kingdom
18 August 2014

I enjoy watching videos of people doing stupid things, and the collection compiled here is often fairly good. The narrator is just about acceptable, but the 'comedians' they feature are really the worst. I have never left a review before but I came here, half asleep, just for the purpose of writing this. The guests featured literally just say what they've seen.

I shall offer one example: In one clip, a man has left his dog in the car and the dog turned off the handbrake resulting in the car rolling away, much to the surprise of the car owner. This in itself is a reasonably funny clip, it is ruined by the terrible comments. The first comment was "dogs can't drive cars", the second comment was "if you're going to leave your dog in the car leave the window open, or tie it to a tree!". These comments were irritating enough, but then Judy Gold, who is without a doubt the most intolerable of them all, delivered a comedy gem by saying: "woof woof woof".

These quips are so meaningless and annoying that the program is ruined to the point where I would argue it is the worst program on TV.

Truel,y astonishingly awful.

The only show on truTV worth watching

Author: kevin-jauregui07 from United States
23 June 2011

In the midst of all the "reality" drama programs on truTV that are, *ahem*, somehow based on actual events (Operation Repo, Hardcore Pawn, and now Bait Car), World's Dumbest stands out above them all. It essentially does its part by making mundane people look hilarious when they do stupid things. The show never fails to disappoint because of the different categories that degrees of stupidity can be demonstrated: Criminals, partiers, drivers, daredevils, record breakers and so much more.

The commentators are almost always on point and the fact that they have B-list celebrities that have had their own brushes with the law makes the show even more entertaining. It's interesting to see how Tonya Harding would react to an ice-related fiasco or Danny Bonaduce to a routine DWI arrest. The in-video comments are often well-acted, such as during a foiled bank robbery: "Yo, this is a stick-up! I have a finger in my pocket but it looks like a gun!"

Great Show

Author: chips-19 from United States
24 June 2011

It's no secret that most of TruTV's shows are just "Extreme" versions of other cable shows. Really, they are pretty much the same show, and that is the only reason people bash them, because they are fans of the others. Now here's what I say: WHO CARES IF ITS A RIPOFF, ITS A REALITY SHOW!!! seriously, if it is a reality show, how can it be a true ripoff, as reality cannot rip off reality. Pawn Stars/Hardcore Pawn, Storage Wars/Storage Hunters, Americas Funniest Home Videos/It Hurts when I Laugh. This show is kinda like an "extreme" version of Americas Funnies Home Videos content wise, but watch a few episodes and you will realize it is actually a ripoff of one of my favorite shows: Mystery Science Theater 3000. Am I angry about this? NO! 1If its a TV show, why does it matter? You get to watch more of the same show rather than less. This show really is funny. Love it!

Just the best

Author: emailtophanikiran from India
12 June 2012

The best TV show I ever watched... Just too wonderful and hilarious.. very refreshing.. Still wonder how many dumb people are there out. Best episodes are criminals, lovers and another one is drivers ... Also, the show doesn't just concentrate on criminals. They also show people who do stupid things such as fighting, partying and just general idiotic behavior.. World's Dumbest is better than any Funniest Videos show I have ever seen. The comedians are for the most part funny, and although some are not, the show is always a joy to watch. Sadly not aired in India.. Wouldn't miss when i come to US.World's Dumbest is definitely a must-see and worth checking out if you're looking for something that makes you looks smart in comparison.