IMDb > Reunion (2009/II) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Reunion More at IMDbPro »

Painfully bad imitation of the Big Chill

Author: annonymo from nyc, ny
24 March 2009

I am compelled to warn the world after just wasting 90 minutes watching this supposed "Big Chill" for Generation Y. It gets nothing right, the script is dull pang of exposition, there are random camera cuts merely entered to cover poor directorial decisions and each disjointed "moment" is punctuated w/ abstrusely strident violin music to say THIS IS important. AT least its low budget indicates that little money was diverted from potentially other movies. This type of thing gives independent films a bad reputation as talkfests. Stay away. I wish i could credit some actor as shining light, making do w/ this poor script, but NO. If can say something good, I guess at least the film didn't have too many product placements. ugh.

Excellent storyline and dialog throughout!

Author: tomafmj from United States
22 February 2011

I completely disagree with the review by Anonymous comparing "Reunion" with the "Big Chill". The Big Chill was somewhat phony with everything resulting in a happy ever after ending. Reunion lays bare human emotion and interaction whether it be pleasant and agreeable or not. Sometimes, we think we know ourselves and others and it is a shock to see that maybe we don't. Reunion holds back the main element of the story until almost the end and even though it may not be completely surprising, it has a very dramatic effect on the characters and on the story itself. If you are looking for a pleasant love story, you will be disappointed in Reunion. Emotions are raw here with petty jealousies, anger, frustrations, accusations and downright arrogance taking center stage. It is a talk fest, yes, but with real emotion and very good dialog displayed throughout the film. It is depressing but at the same time will make you think about who you really are and make you wonder about your place among friends and others. If you like raw character emotion and dialog this film is for you. If you are looking for problem resolution and a fuzzy, warm conclusion - look elsewhere!