IMDb > P3rsona (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

P3rsona More at IMDbPro »

Excellent Short Film

Author: Andrew Marceet from Los Angeles, California
27 February 2008

I came across this film at the Show Off Your Short Film Festival. I was impressed with the direction, cinematography, and the acting. The director, Pac Arias, did a very good job with all the actors. Hence, the acting was very believable in the given circumstances and it made me care for the characters in this film. The cinematographer, Cory Clay, did an outstanding job and was able to give this short film a very rich and European like flavor. All of the actors involved in this short film did a very good job. My favorite scene in this film is the black and white flash-back scene with little Robert and his parents. I would not be surprised if this short film ends up doing very well in the Film Festival circuit.

Beautiful Cinematography, Great Acting

Author: Daniel Crogan from Santa Monica, CA
30 April 2008

I saw Persona at the Beverly Hills Film Festival screening. I loved the cinematography. I thought it was beautifully shot with very rich colors and textures. All of the cast's acting was spot on. Gregory Berger-Sobeck delivers a subtle performance, and he does it well, as the grown-up Robert. Diego Savoia (little Robert), and Fabrizio Villasanta (Robert's father) did an excellent job in delivering a chilling performance in such a short flash-back scene. In my opinion the flash-back scene is what brings this short-film together.

The reason why I gave an 8 to this short-film is because, in my opinion as an audience member, there were a few ideas missing that would have made this strong short-film even stronger. For example, I would have loved to have learned more about the father/son relationship and the reason(s) why Robert's father is so angry and resentful. The same goes for the mother/son relationship, I would have loved to have learned the reason(s) why Robert's mother is so passive and weak.