IMDb > Baby on Board (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Baby on Board

Baby on Board More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Very funny, highly recommended (if you like this genre)

Author: jeffreedomlc from United States
2 February 2012

Great movie! Okay, so I have been coming to IMDb for years to read movie reviews, and this is the first time I have felt compelled to register and write a review. That is because I feel the ratings and reviews for this movie are way off target. I watched this movie with my wife, who happens to be pregnant, and we laughed out loud. After reading the reviews, we expected this movie to suck. However, we could find very little wrong with it. I think the negative ratings here are based on people going to see the wrong movie. I am not going to watch Saw III and then come here and give it two stars because it is too gory and has a weak plot (which I can only assume that it does). That is just not the type of movie I enjoy. I wouldn't complain that I didn't like the "message." What kind of message did you get from the movie Airplane? The characters in Baby on Board are not role models. I had to explain to my wife what a fleshlight is. How many times have you seen a fleshlight in a movie? If a fleshlight offends you, don't watch this movie. If not, I highly recommend Baby on Board!

Why so many Asian stereotypes?

Author: Stephanie Yuhas from Philadelphia, PA
4 January 2014

I wasn't expecting an epic masterpiece - just a fun popcorn film ala "Knocked Up". But I couldn't help but get distracted by how many Asian stereotypes are in this film, from the offensive portrayal of the caretaker at the "Korean handjob house" to the slutty Asian prostitute to the CEO of the Japanese company with the freaking SAMURAI SWORD! I've worked with tons of Japanese business men - I assure you, they do not come dressed ready for battle. I didn't mind the fart/ball/juvenile humor at all, but I just found the writing choice of the Asian characters a bit strange. This movie is going to play like an uncomfortable old timey movie where people are in black face - NOT FUNNY. Not relevant. Not appropriate.

Very Enjoyable

Author: BlackCrowSA from South Africa
11 December 2011

I really enjoyed this movie, started out looking like a story that's been played over and over again, and wondered off into humorous outlook of the true tragedy of how easily relationships fall apart, and generally how careers, friends and life have a funny way of becoming real obstacles for true happiness. It still borders on the typical chick flick, but it is a feel good movie with allot of drama and comedy, and great to watch with a partner.

I would say watch this movie for a different perspective on married life, the importance of communication in a relationship, and for a good laugh at the comedy of errors that unfold.

Not an epic but good fun

Author: JenEvans1 from United Kingdom
18 June 2009

OK, so after reading the other comments I was expecting the film to be dire. But it was, in fact, quite funny. I laughed out loud in some places and I'm sorry if you folks don't find the fact that pregnant women fart or that old guys have dangly balls funny but I'm not too high brow myself and I actually liked this film a lot. It held my attention, and I was in fact still smiling as the credits rolled.

I'd happily recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of fun without the nastiness and drama that lots of films (even comedies) feel obliged to dole out.

So why not give it a chance?

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]