IMDb > Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Aditya Ne Banadi Wonderful film

Author: springsunnywinter from United Kingdom
12 December 2008

The movie was already the most hotly anticipated film of the year when it was announced in March because it is finally the third directorial outing of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Mohabbatein director Aditya Chopra. Aditya's films always turn out to be good and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is his next movie 8 years after Mohabbatein.

The story is about an 'odd' couple played by Shahrukh Khan and Anushka Sharma who find true love in the backdrop of a dance competition called "Dancing Jodi". Surinder Sahni (Shahrukh Khan), a man working for Punjab Power, who falls in love with Taani (Anushka Sharma) the flamboyant, fun-loving, vivacious girl for whom the whole world is her canvas and she paints her own life with the colours of rainbow all until unforeseen circumstances changes it all and brings them together. They get married and lead a not-so happy life due to huge age difference between Surinder and Taani. Taani, meanwhile, wants to participate in a reality dance show called "Dancing Jodi," which is the main backdrop of the movie. The dance contest showcases couples of all races, colours, backgrounds and sexual preferences. Taani wants to take part for the show, but she is not able to due to her husband's lack of fashion statement. Later on when Surinder finds out about his wife's wish to participate in the reality dance show, he undergoes a major change. Taani keeps falling in love with her changed husband.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is such a beautiful film that touches your heart that makes you cry and laugh in some points like Shahrukh against a sumo wrestler. Some of my friends thought that it looked rubbish because in the promos Shahrukh Khan had a moustache, and comb over and was wearing bad cloths but is truly the best the best Bollywood movie of the year after a long list of turkeys. It is also the first Shahrukh film of the year and before this he made special appearances in Krazzy 4 and Bhootnath.

The music is brilliant although they can't match with the classic soundtracks of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and Mohabbatein but there were about 5 songs and every single song was good and I don't know what the best songs are.

It is a must see unless you do not like Shahrukh or have a heart of stone because there is no way you are going to like it.

Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai- Yaara main Kya Karu!!!!!

Author: Musicman Surana from India
19 April 2011

With Aditya Chopra Directing this Sharukh Khan starrer I obviously had huge expectations from this movie the first time its promo was aired...

The Music was marvelous. Great work by Salim-Sulaiman that made me more eager to watch the film. I remember that while I was lining up for the tickets, a friend of mine who was coming out after watching the movie said that it was absolutely pathetic. According to him, the entire movie was stupid because it was about a wife not recognizing his husband without a mustache & having a flick with him thinking it was some one else.....

his review did make sense & i was a bit demoralized coz I had just purchased the tickets. But when I did watch the movie, I realized ho beautiful it actually was...

The movie was not about a stupid wife not recognizing his husband without a mustache. In fact, though they were husband & wife the reason she could never figure out the difference between Raj & Suri was that she was never that close to Suri in the first place.

The message that the movie tries to convey that "If one has to love me then it's got to be the real me & not the person that I can pretend to be"

Sharukh's best work after Chak De India!!!!

God Bless the Makers of this Film!!!!!

Not Typical, but treat to watch

Author: hassanalizaidi from Pakistan
15 December 2008

First of all i would like to comment on the dare step taken by the A. Chopra to make a movie on such a middle class topic.It's an excellent movie with very different approach. I am amazed after reading different reviews. Come on folks, don't expect King khan all the time doing the Millionaire roles.

Excellent direction, outstanding performances with average music. Script of the movie might be a much tighter. I am not a SRK fan by any mean, but after this movie, i started thinking by doing this.

In the end, very good family drama movie and treat to watch. Come on folks stop dreaming Glamour all the time. These low budgets and middle class story movies are the real time facts of our lives.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is Extraordinary!!

Author: arkasamanta from India
12 December 2008

Superb!! Is the first thing that comes into your mind when you are going to see this film!!! Perfect is the second exclamation that will follow! Everything about this film is perfect (Even Anushka Sharma, on whom I didn't have much expectation!).

The story is about a regular guy Surinder Sahani who works for Punjab Power and leads a regular, monotonous life. But Rab (God) had different plans for him. His life undergoes a complete change when Tani (Anushka) comes into his life.

This film is about Love in its purest form, and everything that expresses love, Dance, Music...

Coming to the technical staff! Everything here were perfect too! Lyrics, Music, Direction, Camera, Cinematography!

Acting of everyone was natural and proportionate.

Lastly, A film For Everyone, Go and Watch this movie and then You'll see that I am not Overreacting here!!

just go watch it!!!

Author: amith kiran from India
15 December 2008

The first thing that come to my mind after watching the movie is.........!NO WORDS!, simply mind blowing. A Fantastic movie which worth every pi of my money and every second of my time.

SRK's performance and the odd look as Surinder Sahni is simply superb!. Surinder Sahni is a non active normal Indian guy who was forced to marry the beautiful Desi Taani(Anushka Sharma). The story is full of expressing Surinder's pure love towards Taani.

Surinder changes himself completely to get the attention of his love Taani. The story runs with twist and turns, dance and music, comedy and drama and with a little action! by Taani.

Finally an expected-unexpected climax steals the heart of every audience and make them to forget themselves in the emotion of love.

Thats all about the movie. My suggestion is to simply just go and watch it. You will really appreciate the performance of King Khan and Anusuka.

So what if she didn't recognise him?

Author: rushda from United Kingdom
29 July 2012

I didn't love this movie, but I'm frustrated at how most of the negative reviews are focused on the wife not recognising her husband. Have none of you seen Superman? In that, Lois Lane doesn't recognise that Clark Kent is Superman, and yet I doubt any of you would complain there. It is a trivial plot element that can be overlooked - and in the film's defence, they did try and justify it by making romance a bit magical (though probably didn't need to go that far).

The film was sweet, colourful, and fun to watch. The music was great and the acting was decent. Having said that, I think there were some fundamental flaws in the films and tricks they missed:

1. Why should the girl love Suri when he offers her none of the love and fun that Raj does? I don't understand why she is supposed to settle for the 'real' Suri when he is so boring. If Taani is supposed to compromise for her husband, should he not also become a bit more like Raj and meet her half way? It would have been great if he had started dressing a bit more fashionably for her even in his 'Suri' self.

2. We are told that Taani is a loyal and decent wife. Yet it is completely out of character for her to think about running away with another man. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't even tell Raj she was married and spent so much time with him outside home.

3. A perfect twist to the film would be for Taani to have known all along - it would have been a nice way of showing that Taani did recognise his heart from the start but she also wanted to see how far Suri could go. But without this twist, the story was very predictable.

These things make the film very frustrating for me. But at the same time, I don't want to fault it too much as I think it is still on the right path - I'm fed up of the show-offy 'Don's of Bollywood today. Romance is still where it's at.

A movie made from Rab!

Author: nitap from United States
6 January 2009

I went to see RNBDJ because of Shah Rukh Khan first of all, but did not know what to expect since I made a point not to read any reviews or synopsis of the film. I only knew that the audience seemed to give good review but critics were not friendly with their reviews. I must say they have become to jaded upon watching numerous films that they missed the beauty of this film. I love Aditya Chopra for directing such a brave and bold film that comes straight from his heart! SRK portrayed Surih and Raj with sheer perfection. I loved him as both characters; they both made me smile and also drove me to tears! Anuksha did a brilliant job as her debut character and I couldn't believe this was only her first film. She was marvelous and fresh as Taani. The songs are just beautiful and they will either make you get up and dance or lay down and just cry tears of happiness. The climax was mesmerizing and surprising, the comedy was wonderful and the message was very important that we need to love our "jodi" for who they are and not who we wish they are. We are all made from God so we have to remember to see God in everybody! What a brilliant and different film Yash Raj Films made; I love you guys for this gift!

Made in heaven

Author: Biswajit Tripathy from India
5 July 2009

A couple who have got nothing in common. A couple who were never destined to be married and got married. The love that blossoms in their life. This is a simple movie about a couple whose marriage starts as a compromise to grow as a love story.

Surinder Sahni works for Punjan Powers with a very simpleton look. He goes to attend the wedding of his college professor's daughter with whom he fall in love himself at the first sight. The scene changes when the news reached about the accident of the groom and his entire family. The professor makes Surinder marry to Tani as he relied completely on him. Surinder promises to take care of Tani.

Tani always dreamnt of a fairytale life and love. She was never happy with Surinder and merely stretching her life with him. Then comes a dance show called Dancing Jodi which changes their life forever. Tani wants to take part in the show but she doesn't want to do so with Surinder. Surinder understands this and goes for a makeover and in the new look tries to woo her. And then she lifts her from her feet and by the time the show is mid-day, Tani is in love with Raj, the makeover version of Surinder. But Tani is married to Surinder; how can she fall in love? She doesn't want to cheat on her husband, and she can't stay away from Raj too. What will happen when she will understand that both Surinder and Raj are the same person. One she doesn't love and the other she is madly in love with.

Aditya Chopra returns to direction after DDLJ in 99. Though Mohabattein was good but it wasn't a box office success. The movie has got just 4 characters and all of them have delivered their best.

Very good movie indeed,worthy of watching

Author: tahmidrahman1995 from Bangladesh
20 January 2014

I know its gonna sound bloody insane,but for me(no critics,as an average human being like you) it was the best Hindi romantic movie i've ever seen.

Nice chemistry between Shahrukh & Anushka(I'm their fan :P ),plaudits for Aditya chopra for this masterpiece,amazing music & Cinematography.Some questions will rise,how someone can't recognize her own husband without mustache,and some silly others.But the fact is i don't know how,but somehow this movie just touch your heart deeply,i mean u have to..u have to smile and cry in the meantime while watching this movie....for not only me,my friends and companions,almost 90% were having same feeling.credit goes to the whole team for this kind of creation.

Thank you for your time and reading this review.hope,u would be kind enough to forget if i made any mistake.Stay blessed :)

Seriously.....Is this movie for REAL?

Author: sammy from India
5 March 2010

A girl fails to recognise her husband when he is not wearing those moustaches. May be there's a deeper meaning attached with her incompetency. A guy changes in nature and spirit the moment he shaves of his moustaches and then back again when he sticks fake ones on his face. Carl Jung , Freud , Adler should re consider their theory on personality types for this guy is out to shove their faces in the mud.

There is a house which half the size of Fort Knox but has just one room worth naming on the ground floor.

A dying professor finds no one better than this guy with such a house for his daughter who is clearly not amused by all this.

The guy fights a sumo wrestler in India to win tourist tickets for this wench; He dances his way to hell to impress this wench . She on her part finally sees God in his face ( without the moustaches).

The uncool guy looks smarter than the clean shaven Punk and the wench really has to have a bad taste in guys if she finds the fake looking dude attractive.

There is a song which comes in from nowhere and we have around 10 damsels dancing with our guy dressed up in the various decades of our movie world.

The cool dude proposes to his girl by managing to light up the city as "I Love You" just because he is in the electricity department and that too in Punjab where electricity is a highly uncertain commodity. Goodness gracious had the electricity failed in some parts the letters could have read something highly objectionable and hardly romantic. Yes if he does work in the electricity department couldn't he have asked for some extra supply to allow himself to get a hot water geyser instead of taking bath on the terrace with tap water fresh from the Beas. (Seriously, is this the girl he wants for a wife? She doesn't even want to share the bathroom with him!)

Ah, yes Although Amritsar is in the plains of the north we have a highly elevated ground from where one can get a bird's eye view of the sprawling city and specially that of the motor workshop cum garage owned by Our man's buddy where the sole purpose of everyone's existence is to help the guy out to woo his lady.

A dancing competition whose theme is too deep for any mortal to understand.

A social setting where the following things can co-exist: Orthodoxy and girls wearing low cleavage dresses dancing with perfect strangers for an ultra modern dancing competition. Narrow lanes and 18th century shopping marts and state of the art Government offices and Dancing Halls.

When I had stepped in to the theater I was a bubbling. sane and reasonable sort of a fellow, when I stepped out I could have gagged any living thing in my presence just to relieve my frustration.

As I drove back from the theater I could catch a glimpse of the Billboard hosting The movie's poster in my rear view mirror I changed the angle and averted a sudden burst of inexplicable road rage cause by something as ridiculous as an Aditya Chopra movie.

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]