"The Simpsons" Love, Springfieldian Style (2008)

« Prev | 412 of 581 Episodes | Next »

Simpsons Style Love Stories are the Funniest Kind,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
1 July 2014

Love, Springfieldian Style is a fantastic Simpsons episode with three well written storyline's and an ton of very funny scenes.I really enjoyed the Bonnie and Clyde story,the Lady and the Tramp parody was definitely my favourite,but the Sex Pistols story was definitely a weak point on the episode,I didn't find the use of chocolate as an illegal drug funny and they certainly took it to far even though it wasn't funny to begin with,but I did really like seeing British versions of the characters,particularly Nelson was hilarious.The Lady and the Tramp storyline was hilarious and nothing like anything they've done on the show before,the musical number was very nice and they also told their own story more so than making it the exact same as the classic Disney movie.Love, Springfieldian Style is a very enjoyable Simpsons episode.

While trapped in a tunnel of love on Valentines day,Homer and Marge tell each other three romance stories while they wait.

If you have any recommendations on films/TV series I should watch or review,or any questions to ask me,just tweet me @DillonTheHarris

Three love stories are told in Simpsonian style

Author: atomius from australia
30 July 2008

I just saw this ep on Tuesday and remembered about how at IMDb they have individual episode commenting. The basic premise of this episode is that Marge and Homer get stuck in a love tunnel ride at a carnival, the trip to which is Homer's idea of a valentines day present to Marge, and three love stories are told with Simpsons characters replacing the original ones. It's an alright episode, but i'm not too big on 'tell a story', 'flashback', 'futureflash' or 'alternate universe' episodes (with the exception of the completely non canon treehouse of horror episodes). the first and last stories are real ones whilst the second is a Disney story. It's not a bad episode but hardly the best of season 19.