IMDb > "Total Drama" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Total Drama Island"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Total Drama" More at IMDbPro »"Total Drama Island" (original title)

A pleasant Surprise

Author: Admiral_DongSmoker_III from United States
6 November 2008

The introduction of an impressive array of stereotypical characters began this animated reality television show, the most brilliant and unexpected oxymoron I encountered as of late. There's a way to relate almost any of the characters to someone you've met at one point in your life. Each character is memorable in their own way, if only because of the brilliant stereotyping, or the sheer wackiness of some.

On the "reality" half, there is very little real about it, and yet, it actually feels real in ways. At times, it's a biting satire of many of the absurd reality TV programs aired in the past few years. At others, the relations and rivalries between characters feel very realistic. The only problem, really, is that some of the humor feels weak and forced. On the other hand, some of it works really well.

If only this show didn't spawn so much awful fan-fiction...

7/10, for a great concept and intelligent writing, if weak in the humor department at times.

The Funniest I've seen on TV

Author: julcltr (julcltr@telus.net) from Canada
21 March 2009

I remember watching 6Teen when a preview of this came on, and from the moment it said "from the creators of 6Teen", I was instantly captivated. I loved 6Teen, and I couldn't wait to see it. I was expecting to see something that had plenty of danger, but I didn't expect to have the funny in it too, especially with the third episode. There are a few fart jokes here and there, but, who cares? Every time someone did something wacky, I would laugh until it hurts. I also liked the way the characters were designed (no, seriously, they also have really good taste in clothes). I especially liked Gwen, who does have better taste than Heather by the way. Oh, and Owen, what's not to love about him? Anyway, if you just watch one episode, you'll be on the floor laughing. I guarantee it.

A Genius Parody Of Reality TV!

Author: Brian Sciro from United States
11 August 2009

What happens when you mix 22 campers, a crummy summer camp, and all the cheesy drama from a reality show? THE BEST FREAKING PARODY EVER! Honestly, the show is cute in it's own way, it's characters are quite likable (Besides Heather), and it builds upon itself to offer innuendo, while using humor children understand. Oh my god, a cartoon that is appealing for both kids AND ADULTS?! It's hard to come by cartoons like this.

Meaning, it's hard to come by cartoons that parody it's based material, makes the stereotypes convincing and in character, and offer entertainment and humor for both young and old! 9/10! Incredible!

Very overrated, but the third Season is surprisingly decent.

Author: blak (blakmanta) from Naples, Italy
2 August 2010

The "Total Drama Series" is a parody of many well-known survival reality shows and their annoying clichés. The animated contestants are teenagers stereotypes that you shouldn't take too seriously, since it's all played for laughs. The premise has a lot of potential, but everything seems horribly written. Also, the show desperately wants the attention of older viewers, yet most of the fans are 9 or 13 years old: that's because it has horrible childish/toilet humor, which is really bad. Also, the animation is below average (though it has improved over time).

Basically, the first two seasons of the series, respectively titled "Total Drama Island" and "Total Drama Action", are uninteresting. However, the third one, known as "Total Drama World Tour", is actually much better than the rest of the series. The writing in Season 3 is good; humor and animation have improved; also, every episode features a nice song, obviously played for laughs, yet they're quite catchy so far (this was probably inspired by Disney's "Phineas and Ferb").

Overall, thanks to its third season, this is an OK show, though not nearly as good as other animated series on TV...

Total(ly) Drama(ish) Island(of pure, epic awesomeness)

Author: Heisenberg White
4 July 2014

I have loved Survivor since about its third season, and this is a spot on, satirical look at the ridiculous tropes and clichés of shows like it. It has a similar premise to Survivor-teams, challenges, a person eliminated an episode- but makes it funny, sharp, epic, and of course, animated.

Total Drama Island is very good on many different levels. Writing, voice acting, animation....brilliant on all fronts. Ignore the negative reviews!!!!!!! For me personally, it is the best satirical animation since South Park, and one of the best animations on Cartoon Network since Adventure Time!

It is a definite 10/10 and a highly recommended show for 9-infinite. There really is no age limit on this show. It is on at a time where it is aimed at kids but plot lines and jokes are defiantly aimed at adults, as they will enjoy and appreciate it more.

Overall, I love this show and it is 10/10!!!!!!!!

A great comedy show with 22 campers going around the world

Author: mervclan (mervclan@hotmail.com) from Australia
4 January 2011

I mostly like this show its one of the best comedy shows on TV. The show is about 22 campers having adventures around the world but even if some episodes are bit sexy and a bit corny it is still a bloody good show it Win 1 award for best Animated show which I think it was great this show has the most best characters made my favorite characters are Bridgette DJ Cody and Courtney and may be Heather The characters I don't are Eva I think I don't her the most one because annoying and she has no kind heart in her but show is great and full of fun adventures lots of fun I like Disney and Doctor who and Thomas and other good old cartoons from the 80s 90s and the early 2000s so if you like shows like The simpsons or Inspector gadget or the All dogs go to heaven series I am then you will love this show I think this show is funny fun a bit corny sometimes but still very good I like this show so much I think I am almost a fan of it the characters are cool and funny but some of them I think its at its best I can't wait for season 4 I hope its any good so I give this 8 out of 10.

review for total drama island

Author: destoroyah98886 from United States
18 September 2008

I gave this show ten stars for a reason, to me, this show is great! It's full of twists, and believe me, It is worth watching, at least the creators of this show try to make it interesting! It's not like Johnny Test, with "J T" it's always "been there done that" and if that offends anyone,it's the truth. Total Drama Island is hilarious, granted, it does have its moments, but hey,at least it's something different! The way I look at it, there's nothing really wrong with this show. I'll definitely buy the first season when it comes out on DVD if it hasn't already! Overall, I enjoyed the show because it didn't leave me with that sense of wishing my time back. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I recommend this show if you're looking for something different to watch.

26 episodes, 22 campers, 2 teams, and 1 Island equals...

Author: anthony-rigoni from United States
26 September 2008

Total Drama Island! Total Drama Island is one of my favorite shows I watched on Cartoon Network. This show is about 22 campers, who compete in 2 teams on an island at Canada. Yep, Total Drama Island is the funniest cartoon I'd ever seen. My favorite characters are Owen, Leshawna, Lindsay, Harold, heck, everyone! The characters who make me laugh are Chris, the host and Chef Hatchet. If you like drama, comedy, suspense, and marshmallows, check out Total Drama Island, the next cartoon show that will blow you away! Be also on the lookout for Total Drama Action, aka Season 2 of Total Drama Island! 10 trillion stars out of ten

Great Show

Author: mario-al from Mexico
18 October 2013

It is a very good show. First season begins like any reality show, but it's really great the way characters are develop.

In season 2 is missing a main villain, so it's just regular.

But Season 3 called "Total Drama World Tour" is really the best season yet. His plots are well presented and characters develop in a way that seems made for adults. And each episode has a song that fits the storyline of the day and does not seem out of place.

Season 4 is not very good, but season 5 so far has been excellent.

Alejandro, Heather, Duncan and Courtney are very well created; there are some others like Noah and Eva that have potential and just need more screen time. And some others like Linsey and Sierra that are hilarious.

It's time worthy.

One Of the "Total" Great Shows Ever! But..

Author: azrex from United States
22 August 2014

Look Im Saying This Show Is Still Great. But There's a couple Problems With The show. The Animation Was good so far Until Season 6 went down. What Was On my Nerves On all of the Seasons is The Language, Kissing and other Stuff, It Gets on my nerves!. Also They Really need to Bring back the Old Players Back In the show! Like Season 3, Season 4, and Season 6! So I got Pretty worried of the other Characters if they were coming back! Did they die? Did they Drowned, Did they Burn in the sun? I don't know! I really Don't know! So Please Bring Back Some Of the Characters From Your Last seasons! So I hope it still keeps going!! :D :D :D