IMDb > Delhi Safari (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Delhi Safari More at IMDbPro »

A cute and sweet film.

Author: Dinesh Prakash from Mumbai, India
21 October 2012

Hats off to director Mr. Nikhil Advani, who choose a tough path of making a meaningful film rather than following the common path of making a commercial cinema. Making an animation and meaningful film is complete risk in Bollywood but he took the challenge and proved himself right. This film is sweetly entertaining. Camera angle used in story telling keeps the pace of film on very good note. Animation is done creatively. Especially the bee animation is mind blowing. Most of the voice dubbing is done by known bollywood actors but Govinda's voice is superb. Wow, you can't stop smiling to hear him. He is brilliant. Rest Akshay Khanna, Boman Irani, Urmila Matondkar and Saurav Shukla are also fine but Govinda is outstanding. Story, screenplay is very good. Dialogues are fantastic. Great work by writers team Mr. Nikhil Advani, Girish Dhamija, Suresh Nair and Milap Zaveri. They have even touched a very sensitive issue of Tiger saving in a scene, which was heart touching. 3D impact is not up to mark but when subject and narration touch your emotions, you don't bother about other things. Music score by Shankar Ehsan Loy is very good. You would feel that you are simply watching a typical Bollywood movie. Even animated choreography justifies it. Overall, it has all ingredients of a good film, drama, emotion and entertainment. Please go and watch with your lovely kids. They will enjoy as well as you.

Good movie for the most part

Author: wolf_stoned from United States
1 March 2013

I recently got this movie on DVD after seeing a few clips and songs on Youtube, because it looked promising. Let me start on a positive note in this review. The songs were good, the texture of the characters was good, and the settings were well-animated. The environmental message and family moments were especially good.

The only things I didn't like about this movie were the two monkeys Mharela and Bharela, as they got irritating after a couple minutes; a couple instances of editing didn't make sense or work well; the bees were unnecessary and also somewhat irritating; and the hyenas were just plain irritating. Just lifted from Lion King.

Despite the cons, I found this to be a good movie. Though it was slightly derivative, it was done in a way that worked well. Definitely worth a watch with the kids, and adults will like it too.

Terrible everything and definitely not for young children

Author: mjays2510 from United Kingdom
28 October 2013

The animation is very poor, the character movements are very stiff as though it's a slow frame rate. The acting is atrocious. There are scenes that are just plain wrong, like the animals getting stoned by a crowd of people. How on earth that scene got approved I'll never know, it's just just plain weird.

I can only assume that it's down to different cultures. So many things don't fit in between the parameters of what you'd call an acceptable kids film.

Do yourself a favor and re-watch anything else by Dreamworks, Pixar, Sony Animations or even Bibo Films in France (Monster in Paris) - a wonderful film.

Don't believe any of the positive feedbacks, this is a truly poor film.

HORRIBLE movie for small children

Author: Jloffman from United States
10 September 2013

This looked like another "Madagascar" type movie, so I played it for my 2 year old.

To my horror, a scene played out that shows a monkey imagining himself killing a parrot first with a gun, then a chainsaw, and then a knife. I abruptly shut the film off following this scene, but by then, it had already played out.

This is NOT a movie that I think a 2 year old is ready for! Parents, please use caution when thinking of playing this.

SHAME on the creators, for adding violence like this in a children's movie! What were you thinking?

Delhi Safari Review- Indian Animation films at the next level

Author: PRASHAST SINGH from india
23 April 2015

Movie: Delhi Safari Rating: 4/5

Despite of the fact that Indian animation films are not made in large numbers to be watched by all, Delhi Safari is one such attempt that is quite praiseworthy and takes Indian animation movies to a next level.

The visuals are pretty good. Comedy tracks are good. The story is well written and portrayed on screen. The music is good. The film succeeds in bringing out a message for the society. In other words, this film is not merely for children, but for adults as well.

On the whole, Delhi Safari is a brilliant film. Watch it for sure you will be satisfied.

meh

Author: Niko Zguri from Toronto
18 May 2014

what can i say about it? meh. it wasn't great but it wasn't atrocious either. it was just... okay. the story's about a group of animals whose home (the jungle) gets destroyed by humans with bulldozers to make way for a some-kinda resort or a hotel. so the animals set on a journey to the big city to ask the humans why are they destroying the jungle. and when i heard of that, i was like "this sounds really generic". and it was generic, but i can't deny that it did have its great moments. and some of the characters were likable and relevant so there's that. but honestly, even though i did enjoy it, "Delhi Safari" still wasn't that good. the story's nothing new, we seen it done over and over again. and it really plays on that by-the-numbers scenario in which it gets annoying. well for most of the time, it does. and even though i did admit there were likable characters, most of them felt just really bland, so you don't really care about them that much. watching "Delhi Safari", i was pretty much like "i seen better characters than these before". like in "Alpha and Omega", where the movie kept me smiling and happy, it doesn't play by-the-numbers, it had better animation, a great message and i loved every character in it. here, it's not the same thing. "Delhi Safari" obviously has weaker animation than "Alpha and Omega" (and "Alpha and Omega" was co-produced in India too, despite being almost entirely American). like the movements seemed rough, the characters designs weren't that great and the backgrounds were a big meh. and it wasn't really funny either. i mean, it had jokes that did made chuckle (there's only 2 jokes in the whole movie that made me laugh), but chuckle alone isn't enough to make your movie funny. so, with that being said: "Delhi Safari" did have good moments in it, it did have some good/relevant characters, the voice acting was good and some of the animation and cinematography looked nice and pretty, but honestly that's not enough. most of the time, the animation was stiff, the other characters were bland and forced, it was pretty predictable, the we've- seen-it-before story plays by-the-numbers which gets annoying and there wasn't much of a climax here, cause once you think it's gonna get better by the end... no, it just ends like that, abruptly. that really kinda ruined the movie. i did enjoy it and i respect the fact that India actually tried to give us something at least enjoyable (they did), but they should've worked on this movie even more.

A Simple Story Which Epitomizes...

Author: Tejas Nair from the Entertainment Capital of India
25 February 2013

I was taken aback. While watching India's first stereoscopic 3D movie with such a beautiful message, I was entertained, mesmerized & marveled at the creation.

The story is simple, yet unrealistic, about a group of animals who set out to the Parliament to speak out their grievances. The grievance is that they are being murdered, chased away from their natural habitats. It is so in parallel with the need of the hour in India & the whole world. It talks about the plight of animals and why animals are going extinct. An eye-opener for some, Delhi Safari is truly remarkable in its style, narration and innovation.

Yes, like I said it IS little unrealistic, but who cares when it gives a valid message. The voices provided by our Bollywood celebrities are very good, the dialogs make you laugh and the direction is also good. I was little disappointed with the editing but the soundtrack made my day. A complete entertainment package, this!

BOTTOM LINE: A wonderful must-watch in the wake of boring mainstream Bollywood movies. 100% Recommended. Both for adults (the message) & kids (animation).

Language: Mediocre | Sex & Nudity: No | Violence: Critical | Gore: No | Smoking, Alcohol or Drugs: No

Horrible, Violent Movie - Listed in NETFLIX FOR KIDS - No Wonder It's Rated PG

Author: P Stanley from Canada
17 January 2014

Looked like a sweet girls movie on NETFLIX FOR KIDS, my 5-year-old picked to watch. Movie started off with a standard musical song from cheetah family.

Suddenly, a mature tree flies through the air as though King Kong hurled it. Forest shakes with terrifying animal sounds. Then a menacing mechanical digger with 2 digging arms chases and thrashes at them. It drives the terrified aminal family into a gully. The mother & child cheetah flee separately in an extended terrifying chase scene.

Father Cheetah desperately throws baby cheetah to safety when mother and baby are surrounded my many monster de-foresters (?).

Inexplicably a rifle appears, is loaded. Father leaps and is shot in chest/neck/between eyes (?) by killer. I think that was 10 minutes in.

That is when we turned it off. NETFLIX really deliver some horrifying fare for children and adults from around the world. That is why they cannot be trusted. It's a real shame.

Good entertainment, great message

Author: R Uddin from Bangladesh
11 January 2013

A group of animals decide to journey across the country (from Mumbai to Delhi) to save their home. They are in danger of loosing their home as a deforestation process is underway.

It is not possible for the animals to communicate with the humans. But there is someone; a talking parrot who knows-understand-can talk both human language and certainly of animal. So, they start for Delhi.

Well, the message of the movie is simple: stop being cruel to the animal, stop deforestation. Save the wilderness, save the world. The character development, the story everything was really good. The movie is full of entertainment and fun. The people who watch Bollywood movies must be able to catch and understand the sense of humor presented in the movie.

At some point of the movie I got afraid that the movie has lost its way; may be it will not be able to finish its journey as I was expecting. But finally I was satisfied about the way it delivered the message to the human, the way voice of "animal" reached the human.

Something disappointed me about the script: the songs! I think they were unnecessary. I think this is the high time for the peers of the Bollywood film industry and the directors, producers, screen writers to understand that the main thing of a movie that makes it great is its story.

Bollywood dare to make a 3D animation and I think they made it good. Thanks to Mr. Advani. I would recommend you to watch the movie and I am sure you will be entertained and you will be agitated by the words being delivered by Alex the parrot! I rated it 9/10; actually I wanted to give 8.5. Without the songs it could have 9.5!

Delhi safari details

Author: Govind gujar from India
11 November 2011

Delhi Safari is a bilingual 3-D animation film directed by Nikhil Advani. It has been produced by Krayon Pictures (a Pune based 3D animation studio) and People Tree Films. The film features the voices of Akshaye Khanna, Govinda, Suniel Shetty, Boman Irani, and Urmila Matondkar. The screenplay of the film is written by Girish Dhamija and Suresh Nair. The film traces the journey of five animals and birds from Mumbai to Delhi.[2] The music of the film is composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, while the lyrics are penned by Sameer. The residents of the national park welcome a bright sunny morning, birds singing away merrily, animals running around with joy, Sultan (Suniel Shetty) and his cub Yuvi (Sweeney Khara), playing by the lakeside. The jungle has an air of joy and peace. A distant thunder breaks the silence and a closer look reveals the jungle being raided by man and machine destroying everything in its path. Sultan tries to fight a futile battle and ends up losing his life.

The night has a very tense air as all the animals gather around with fear in their heart, discussing their fate of losing their habitat to human beings. Yuvi tries to reason with the elders, urging them to not give up their homes.

Everyone is convinced that it is futile to fight humans, and the only option is to leave and move to a safer home. The hot headed militant monkey, Bajrangi (Govinda), wants to declare a full scale war against the humans taking over their homes. But the anger management Guru, Bagga the bear (Boman Irani), has a more civilized suggestion. He believes that all problems could be sorted out through peaceful discussions. So the best way to get back their homes is to have a dialog with the humans, win their hearts and their own homes. The only problem being that no one can speak the human language. Air India, the pigeon recommends Alex (Akshaye Khanna), the talking parrot who can come to their rescue.

With hope in their hearts, Yuvi, Bajrangi, and Bagga decide to kidnap Alex from his luxurious golden cage. However, their hope turns to despair as the talking parrot Alex hates animals. Loves humans. And wants nothing to do with the problems of these barbaric animals especially, the primitive ape. Bajrangi. Also Alex is sure that such issues need to be addressed in the parliament at Delhi.

Now starts a journey from Mumbai to Delhi. From hate to love. From enmity to friendship as a motley group of five animals travel across India with a message. A message that they discover not only plagues their homes, but the homes and lives of thousands of other animals on the way.

The journey across the country becomes a journey where enemies become friends and a family comes together to fight for what rightfully belongs to them, a home.