Whip It (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sexual content including crude dialogue, language and drug material|
Sex & Nudity
- Teens kiss and make out, and one couple has sex -- no nudity is shown, but you see them stripping to their underwear underwater in a swimming pool and later holding each other out of the water (bare shoulders showing). The girl later discusses the experience euphemistically with her mother. References to penis size.
Violence & Gore
- Roller derby is very aggressive, and the film showcases plenty of bruising, bone-crunching action. Characters are elbowed, kicked, and pushed around, and they sometimes end up bloodied. There's also some outright fighting, and trash talk is a common occurrence on the track. (From Common Sense Media).
- Fairly frequent use of language like "jackass," "hell," "shit," "bitch," "screw," ass," "balls," and "goddammit." There's also one use of "fuck," and a character gives someone the finger. (From Common Sense Media).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some underage drinking. A teen girl gets drunk at a party and makes out with a random guy before throwing up; later, a teen is arrested after being caught with a drink in public. One character (not a teen) does a kegstand. A mother hides her smoking from her daughter. A father drinks beer while watching sports and lets his teen daughter take a (big) sip. A mother mistakes a marijuana bong for a vase. (From Common Sense Media).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some intense roller derby scenes.
- Rated PG-13 for: Adult Content, Adult Language, Violence.(HBO advisory)